Call of Duty 5 SUCKS! Dont waste your money!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Lookingglassman, Nov 11, 2008.

1. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just picked up Mirror's Edge, SOCOM, FIFA 09 and Harvest Moon. Picking up Resistance 2 next weekend, still playing Fallout 3, haven't finished Dead Space and I'm yet to crack open Bioshock. WOE IS ME!

2. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll this to the list of games for me to play in the spring when the gaming drought hits. Alas, I've already made a gaming commitment for the rest of this year. The Lich King, he be a harsh master.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ha! Nevermind, I got it. :techman:

ETA: Oh, what the hell! I finally
    killed Amsel with a pistol shot
    but I didn't get the achievement! Seriously not cool. :scream:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2008
  4. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't you love this time of year? :lol:

5. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Shit, I should've picked 5 up this morning, I'll pick it up tomorrow. 4 was awesome, and now that I have live I gotta play it.

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Dam right COD 5, L4D, Far Cry 2 and Army of Two my X mas gaming is busy.

7. Arthur Frelling Dent

Arthur Frelling Dent Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I finally got to play COD5 last night. I played solo for a little over an hour and multiplayer for about 30 minutes. I like it though I'll need to experience more of it, especially the multiplayer, to judge how it stacks up against COD4.

There are too many good games coming out! I'm still playing through Fable 2 (and want to play through again as evil) and I have Fallout 3 but only have played it for an hour (NOT a reflection of the game). I can't even think of buying any more games such as Gears 2 for a long time.

8. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

anyone else think that the maps are freakin' fantastic?

9. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, this game is seriously bad ass.

I don't know if I'd say the single player is as good as Call of Duty 4 (I loved how the story played out in that one) but it's damn good with that classic Call of Duty feel.

10. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Say what you want about Treyarch but they can make some amazing multiplayer maps. Merville, Poisson, Edar Dam, and Mayenne from Call of Duty 3 are truly amazing maps.

I really hope they come out as DLC for World at War.

11. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was hoping the same thing. Those maps were goddamn fantastic. So many awesome memories on them :)

12. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

The single player campaign is fantastic - I've almost finished it after a marathon play through tonight.

I'd say it doesn't quite live up to the COD4 campaign, but it comes close. It misses the mark on having a more cohesive narrative ... this one feels hugely episodic, with the two storylines kept totally independent of one another. At least in COD4 the Americans and the British, while two separate threaded campaigns, had something to do with one another.

Granted Treyarch is bound by history, here, so it's not like they're able to connect the Pacific theater with the Russian push into Berlin ... but still, it makes the game feel fractured into two seperate pieces.

Those pieces, however, are fuckin' balls to the wall fantastic. "Eviction" and the flying mission are among the finest constructed single player missions I've seen (they're short, though).

13. Skywalker

Grr. I've been trying to get the Gunslinger achievement. I've accomplished the required action three times, but it still won't give me the damn achievement! It's starting to annoy me. :brickwall:

Oh well, aside from that one annoyance, I love this game. Though I understand that Treyarch was going for an "ending the war" theme, I kind of wish that they'd dropped the Soviet campaign and made it an entirely Pacific-centric game, following the U.S. Marines in one campaign and the British in the other. Oh well, no big deal.

14. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Love the single player, but after spending a bit longer with the multiplayer I've decided that it's as broken and laggy as CoD4 was. I find it impossible to derive any enjoyment from it whatsoever, and I'm not willing to commit the hours necessary to unlock the 'perks' that inexplicably give tangible benefits to the skilled players whilst leaving newcomers like me out in the cold. What a fucking stupid system.

15. Skywalker

YES! Finally! I don't know what I did differently on the fourth try, but I finally got Gunslinger! Haha, and I nailed him just before he would have gotten out of my sights, too. :D

Okay, now I can quit worrying about that and focus on getting the rest of the achievements. :p

16. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

IW revamped 'Carantan' as 'Chinatown' for Modern Warfare, so let's hope that Treyarch think along the same lines.

17. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Yeah im in a similar situation. Im currently working on Fallout 3, Dead Space, and Mirrors Edge (my god is this a hard game lol). I'm making Alot of progress on Dead Space and decent progress on Mirror's Edge but Fallout is kind of being neglected lol. Thank god I was able to beat Tales of Vesperia 2 weeks ago, or else I'd be in serious trouble. Suppose I'll pick up Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2 when i finish Dead Space and Mirror's Edge. Yet another excellentholiday season for gaming :D

With all of these game si think I'm going to have to put Call of Duty 5 on the wait list. I'm sort of burnt out on World War 2 shooters.

18. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Hell, yes! I hit level 19 last night and got to see 3 more I hadn't seen before-each one was a revelation. They actually designed a map where it made sense to carry a trench gun(shotgun)! I don't think I even fired one while playing COD4! And that massive village with the belfry-it begs for 8v8 or even 12v12! As is, its a riot. I like to plan my movements and set up ambushes and booby traps so these maps are like a wet dream, y'know?
    I'm having so much fun I may even breakdown and play the single-player campaign-something I never do.

19. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Impressed with the maps so far, particularly the size of some of them, they're huge!

If I was being nitpicky, the only negative I've found so far around the maps, perhaps a little too easy to camp.

20. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd agree but, heck, people camped on Vacant and Wetworks so size doesn't matter as much as personal style(if camping is a style:lol: )