Call of Duty 5 SUCKS! Dont waste your money!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Lookingglassman, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

ok, just ran my level up to 11. Frustrating at first but, MAN, those maps are beauties! With levels that roam as high as 5 stories tall and levels that make COD4's Overgrown look like a postage stamp-this game rocks in multiplayer! Some of the maps combine the distance of creek with the wide-open possibilities of vacant-you have to see it to believe it. The spawns are weird-instead of predictable(we're here-they have to spawn there) or the BS-type(how did he spawn NEXT to me?!?) you have some odd angles involved. I have't figured out the patterns but its a mix of WTF? and "Yeah, over there" with a FAST rotation onthe spawn points.
    As far as the BETA goes-it barely hinted at what multiplayer would be like. Imagine COD4 'CRASH' map that is 6x bigger, has 4 tanks and every building is like the '3story', and instead of alleys you have actual tank-bearing roads. That almost describes one of the maps. This game rocks.

2. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How's the lag in multiplayer? And how many players does it support? 24?

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't know about you guys, but I'm quite enjoying it so far. :techman: Then again, I'm a history nut, so taking us back to World War II doesn't bother me (plus Treyarch have said they're probably done with WWII now anyway). I haven't played any MP yet, but the game comes with a free 48 hour XBL Gold trial, so I'll probably check that out later.

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

The game is going to get hammered in my gamespot review for the worst invisable line shit since MOH:AA, seriously other CODS had it but nowhere this poorly designed.

Am stuck on getting into the Parliment building the last Russian level, I can get all the way to the front where the barracades are but its all blocked off and it doesn't help with the Germans spawning all the time seriously WTF. I thought I could jump over the sandbags like the Nazi's but looks like my guy can't jump must be a german thing with them only having the ability jump :rolleyes:.

Also loses points for me having to do 100% of all the pushing up for the team, seriously takes all the realism right out of the window when your team does jack shit.

5. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Glad to know that the clown car monster closets are back. :lol:
    It's the biggest design flaw in CoD games and I'm annoyed that no one calls them out for it more often.

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

COD 1 didn't have enemy spawning, COD 2 might of but I never notice it but COD 4 did have it and it was noticable but only a minor annoyance in the end. However it's so noticable now in COD 5 its quite horrible like you can see dozens of Germans keep running out from around a corner, you get there and a brick wall so nice to see the Nazi's have some sort Tollan walking through wall tech :shifty:

Completed the game and overall I liked it though while it was longer than COD 4 it was behind 1 & especailly the long SP of COD 2. Also i felt the final scenes were very anti climatic for both endings however its hard to top COD 4's ending;).

A few issues like the whole spawn stuff but also sound is a little off in terms of subtitle say a person is taking you looks right at them and you can barely hear them but move your head to a direction there well away and you can hear them fine. Also some of the soundtrack feels out of place, way out of place.

AI is very good though at times the enemy can launch an army of nades at you plus I still feel they focus on you more than your team. Enemy AI can shoot through cover better than you, super bullets I guess and you having to do 100% of the pushing up, so much for being in a team.

Zombie mode is crap, pistol thats it on SP anyway, one level and no real atmosphere to it. It may be better in CO-OP but I doubt enough to save it, a cheap gimmick poorly put in. CO-OP sp will probably be fun when I get round to it though don't know how they will sort out the whole cutscene activation stuff. Don't care for online play due to amount of hacks already out there and the perk system is lame with stupid power ups.

I will probably end up giving it 8.5 score which is lower than the 9.0 given to COD 1,2 & 4.

7. pharaohxi

pharaohxi Cadet Newbie

IT DOES SUCK

THE GAME IS SHIT!!!!

ITS BASICALLY LAME ASS COD 4

WITH OLD GUNS FROM COD 3

I like COD 3 it was more of a Arcade Shoot em up like 007 GOLDEN EYE.

no matter how hard you try YOU CANNOT NOT SIMULATE REAL WAR.

AND YES YOU CAN SHOOT THROUGH " CRATES "

i played this game for 9 HOURS STRAIGHT

AND STILL COULDNT NOT FORCE MYSELF TO LIKE THIS GAME.

ITS COD 4 ENGINE, PROGRAM FUNCTIONS AND BULLSHIT LEVEL UP.

WHAT happen to the times where THE GERMANS HAD GERMAN GUNS

the AMERICANS HAD AMERICAN GUNS..

this is no WAY IN COMPARISON TO COD 3.

in COD 3 YOU COULD DRIVE AROUND IN TANKS MORTOCYCLES JEEPS but this. BLAH.

the LEVEL UP SYSTEM NEEDS TO LEAVE THESE GAMES ITS NOT WORLD OF WAR CRAFT.

im through with these geeks getting ahold of a lifestyles as if they know what is coo cause if that was true they would of had girlfriends in high school AND college. LEAVE THE GAMES ALONE.

8. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm...9hrs straight for a game you hate? :wtf:

Ahhh... O.K.

10. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah I'm just not sure if that guy was being serious or if that is intended to be some kind of parody of the op topic.

11. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Especially since that was his first post ever. :rolleyes:

12. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

:(

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Well it is a WW2 game with the COD 4 engine so not surprising.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Don't worry mum I always triple check my grammer when I do my Gamespot reviews :cool:

15. Timby

:(

16. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

I think there's a bit more worry about, oh, double-posting incoherently. Sens spelchek wull fin mos mustakes thas nah an ishu butt ifn yu mad mor sens itd be ezeir to difine wat yu wur objetin tu.:guffaw:

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

:rolleyes:

18. Timby

You can roll your eyes at me when you stop typing "might of" and "grammer."

19. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

seriously who the fuck cares, am sorry but joke died long ago so now all you get is fuck off. My grammar is normally good in my everyday life though on TREK BBS, I have the habit of typing fast and making mistakes because of it.

However who the fuck (yes that word again) made you king of all spelling and why should it matter to you since you can clearly still make sense of my sentance.

so once again **** *** and I don't care if I get a warning, you were being a total jackass.

rant over. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  20. Smiley

Smiley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^Whether you like it or not, your thoughts will be taken more seriously if you use correct spelling and grammar, even on a message board.

That spawning system sounds pretty messed up. I've never been a fan of infinite spawning. There are times when the odds should be overwhelming, and reinforcements are a possibility, but some games really have no logic in this area.