TREK XI Enterprise models on display (Now w/even more pics)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Stag, Mar 7, 2009.

1. JBElliott

JBElliott Commander Red Shirt

Re: TREK XI Enterprise models on display

It looks like a toy. It looks a lot more like a toy than does my TOS Enterprise made by MR.

2. ncc-1017-e

ncc-1017-e Captain Captain

I appreciate your viewpoint!

3. Blackout

Blackout Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Re: TREK XI Enterprise models on display

Well, while that model is high quality, its not MR quality. If it were, the deflector wouldnt be wrong, and hte nacelle caps wouldnt be so inaccurate.
    Plus, the plastic is very white. White plastic usually makes things look pretty cheap, even if it has a lot of detail. White hides detail. Using a more reflective/glossy paint that is a little bit darker, and some drybrushing on the gridlines, it would probably look a lot better.

With a more accurate deflector, higher quality nacelle caps, and a different paintjob, that model would probably make the MR TOS Enterprise look like a toy.
    Dont get me wrong, I do love the MR enterprise, though. I wish I had one. A bit expensive.

4. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

No offence ''MadMan'' but I prefer the J.J.-ENT over your take on it, Sorry. And I ''WOULD'' by this poster, but I want the whole ship, not just 90% or 95.7.6.5% of it, I want ALL of it!:mad::brickwall::brickwall:

5. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

It's a butt-ugly bastardization of a classic design, executed by overrated no-talent hacks who haven't got a clue what they're doing.

6. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

:lol::lol: Good god....just....wow....

There is a reason they are the professional designers, the one's who have years of experience, and formal education, and we are the one's who sit and bitch on the internet....

7. ST-One

ST-One Vice Admiral

And they still get payed a shit-load of money for their non-existent talent :rolleyes:

BTW, perhaps you could come up with an updated version of the Enterprise yourself - one that everybody likes without looking like it was designed in the 1960s.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

These people know exactly what they're doing, and there is as yet no reason to suspect that they're not doing it successfully.

People who are just determined to dislike this film need to find a line other than "don't know what they're doing," because that one crashed and burned a long, long time ago.

Nope.

9. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

I agree, I like the ILM version better than mine as well. :)

I am thinking about buying the poster anyway... Even though we don't get the whole ship.

10. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I still dislike the nacelles. But most everything else(except the Apple Store bridge)I am liking more and more as May approaches.

11. ST-One

ST-One Vice Admiral

The engines look fantastic, IMO, but the secondary hull is the weaker element of this design...

BTW: Why 'Apple Store'? Just because it is white? That would make the sickbay from TMP and Apple Store too.

12. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

For once, you're Absolutely Right! (tm), Dennis. 1) There's nothing wrong with the original ship, and 2) there's nothing about the design that says "1960's" in the first place.

You want an antiquated design, well, the Uglyprise is all yours. If anything, that design just screams late 40's to mid 50's. Like others have observed, it looks like it was designed by Harley Earl after a three day bender.

13. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

(Observing the new Enterprise model)

.....It's got no butt.

14. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

There is a better version... Vektor's 1701.

I would never put something as ugly as that poster on my wall... our property value would get even lower.

15. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

I disagree about the Vektorprise. I'd prefer the 60s version to his; his is too busy and metallic.

Anyways, everyone is entitled to her own opinion, but the nattering nabobs of negativism have a way of sucking all the joy out of this Enterprise for everyone else.

I might be looking at things with rose-colored glasses now, but you know, I'll keep my rose-colored glasses on when I watch the movie, when I talk about the movie, when I buy the DVD, and when I enjoy the sequel.

You can hate it or love it, but this is Star Trek now. Resistance is... you know.

16. ST-One

ST-One Vice Admiral

Vektor's and Deg3D's versions are both fantastic variations of a theme, but they basically look like the original Enterprise.

Ugly is what you think that ship is... not me or a whole lot of other fans. While also only a variation of a theme this new Enterprise reflects modern design aesthetics far better than Vektor's.

17. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Don't get me wrong - I think both Vektor's and deg's designs are excellent, but we've beaten the design argument to death in a dozen other threads here already; anyone wishing to continue the design discussion is welcome to start a thread on that topic, preferably in the Trek Tech or Trek Art forum, where it would be more appropriate. Captain Robert April, this means you.

Now, shall we get back to talking about these models and the images thereof contained in this thread? :)

18. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

I was hoping to stick with borderline trolling, myself. :(

19. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

20. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

What? ...Ow!

What? ...Ow!

What? ...Ow!

What? ...Ow!