TREK XI Enterprise models on display (Now w/even more pics)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Stag, Mar 7, 2009.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I'm glad the Bussard collectors/nacelle caps are reddish. That makes them a little more like the classic TOS ones. Were they blue or some other color it'd just make the Enterprise feel more different and alien. It's different enough.

2. PixelMagic

PixelMagic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They are blue in the movie, I just made them red in my quick photoshop of it.

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Oh, okay. Well. Your caps/collectors look a little better.:techman:

4. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Much as I'd love to see new FIREFLY eps, I would not bother if Nathan wasn't Mal. So right there, I'm totally fine with your causality loop, because I don't need to piss on my good thoughts and memories of FF with bad supplements.

I think most folks who loved the first MATRIX film would agree with me that they'd've been happier if they hadn't done any sequels ... the fact that they even exist really hurts my good feelings about the first one.

I don't see the point of making more TREK if they've thrown out most of what I liked about TREK in the first place. That would seem to be the crux of this ongoing argument here for the last umpty ump number months.

5. The Academic

The Academic Commander Red Shirt

So, in the end, let's smile politely, shake hands and agree to disagree... :)

P.S.
    Sorry, I've never seen Firefly, but I can follow your The Matrix argumentation.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That only addresses the question of whether there's "a point" to you buying a ticket, not whether there's a point to them making more Star Trek.

7. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Perhaps you might actually read the post I replied to, since the other guy wanted a certain kind of information (I suggested you do this on a thread about ten days back, and you stopped posting in the thread afterward, so this seems like a reasonable request on my part, and I can only hope it will end as successfully.)

Interestingly, the other poster did seem to recognize where I was going with my post, so I guess it was successful.

8. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you haven't seen "Firefly," I strongly recommend you give it a try. I've never really been a big "Joss Wheadon" fan, which is part of why I missed this show the first time around. But I love the show.

I'd never seen it, decided (on a whim) to go see "Serenity" (the movie "completion" of the series) and was told not to do so 'til I'd seen the series.

Note that the series is only 17 episodes (the last several of which were never aired)... so it's a pretty inexpensive DVD-box-set. But it's a LOT of fun, with outstanding characters and entertaining yet (mostly) believable storytelling.

Basically, think of it as an old-style western, with sci-fi trappings...

Give it a shot. I suspect you'll like it. THEN, watch the movie "Serenity." Don't mix 'em up! ;)

9. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

10. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

Your version is pretty good. Your version has a much smaller saucer and slightly longer nacelles than the actual movie version, which gives it a somewhat more traditional look.

I still think making the deflector a huge blue lamp sort of undoes the attempted realism of the darker, more mechanical bussards on the the new Enterprise.

11. saddestmoon

saddestmoon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm a huge fan of big blue bussards!!!

:)

12. The Academic

The Academic Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely will give Firefly a try, once I finally got the still-missing remastered TOS DVDs and the final season of BSG... :techman:

13. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Yeah, eventually, after the movie comes out, I will have to build a final, as accurate as I can get version. :)

I agree about the dish... They could have left it a solid color, and gotten away with just having some blue lighting behind it. It would make it look more functional. Of course, if you light it up with blue neon lights, you at least know when it's turned on, right? :)

14. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

How can nobody like this version on the Enterprise, whenever I look at it I immediately think of TOS and everything cool about the original Enterprise, I even think it looks like the natural evolution of the ship.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Oh, a lot of us like it just fine. :)

16. andrewsean1701

andrewsean1701 Ensign Red Shirt

so gonna get me one of these or two of them lol how much and whens it out?

17. ncc-1017-e

ncc-1017-e Captain Captain

There is not one good angle on the new Enterprise! It is just ugly. So dissappointed!

18. Admiral Buzzkill

That's kind of ironic, considering how absolutely terrible the Enterprise "E" design is.

19. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think that this ship is a fine work of art
    I love it :D

20. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Eh, it takes all kinds, everyone will see a thing differently and you can't possibly please them all. It seems that most people registering an opinion here have decided that they'll be able to live with it, at least until they've seen the movie.

I think it looks pretty sharp.