Star Trek Books FAQ Mega-Update!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Stevil2001, Oct 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

I just edited it to add in Keith's breakdown and I also removed the unnecessary bits of that answer, as per JD's suggestion.

The "thanks" section thanks everyone involved ever (it's getting a bit unwieldy!). captcalhoun's name was already there from last time, so I've got no idea what he suggested. I'm sure it was magnificent.

2. MichaelS

MichaelS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm being thanked twice, so surely that must mean I'm twice as important as the rest (apart from Rosalind, of course, who's also being thanked twice). :D

3. LightningStorm

LightningStorm The Borg King Commodore

Voyager Relaunch needs a place here, like DS9 and TNG and Shatnerverse has. Order of books, which books etc. And yes, the Golden being sole author question still comes up in every Voyager Relaunch thread that occurs.

I realize there is a certain deep seated hate for it around here, but it is still apart of the mythos and should be addressed along with the others.

And same goes for ENT

Edit: Nevermind ENT is in there, so is, apparently, Titan and Vanguard... so what's going on with the lack of Voyager here?

4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Lieutenant Red Shirt

Maybe they stopped asking the questions because they were reading the FAQ. ;)

5. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Say it ain't so?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Pfffftt, like anybody actually reads these things. :devil:

7. The Nth Doctor

See, this is why I've been pushing Antony hard for flashing thread titles. For moderator use only, of course.

8. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^ Hmm. Depends on which moderators are doing the flashing, I'd say.

...what?

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

9. LightningStorm

Voyager Relaunch FAQ

Before this runs off the first page I'll create the Voyager Relaunch portion of the FAQ.

Q. What books and in what order are the Voyager Relaunch novels?
    A.
    Homecoming by Christie Golden
    Farther Shore by Christie Golden
    Spirit Walk "Old Wounds" by Christie Golden
    Spirit Walk "Enemy of My Enemy" by Christie Golden
    Tales from the Captain's Table: Chakotay: "Seduced" (Short Story) by Christie Golden

Q. Are the String Theory novels apart of the Relaunch?
    A. No. They are set during the series between seasons 4 and 5.

Q. When is the next Voyager Relaunch novel coming? Is this series dead?
    A. The series is not dead, just on hold. Officially the only thing we know of is that the future of Voyager will be directly affected after the events of the upcoming Destiny trilogy by David Mack (End of year 2008). On the sole author of the series' website she said on 7/29/2006
    Obviously it's been more than a year since that, one can only assume she's still rather busy with that and other original works.

Q. Many people here seem to dislike the Voyager relaunch how on Earth could it possibly be selling well?
    A. A few rather vocal people on the internet do not represent the entirety of the readership of the Trek literature. These books went into several reprintings and are doing quite well regardless of what you may have read elsewhere.

Q. Why is Christie Golden the only author for this series? We demand other authors! DS9/Vanguard/Titan et al. all have other authors.. blah blah blah
    A. Christie's past Voyager books (pre-relaunch) apparently did quite well as well. And the creative decision to use her as the only author was of the editor of the series at the time (John Ordover). The editor is different now and that editor (as far as we know) doesn't plan to make changes.

Q. Can we see the Voyager characters in any other novels after they have returned home?
    A. Yes. Tuvok appears in Titan. Janeway appears in several (almost all) of the TNG novels from the A Time To Series to the post-Nemesis TNG novels. Several characters will appear in the aforementioned Destiny trilogy. And Mirror and Alternate universe versions of the characters can be seen in the various Myriad Universe and Mirror Universe novels/Anthologies.

And since this isn't the 1st post. here are a couple of search words for those who may actually read the faq and want to do a CTRL+F: VOY-R VGR-R Voyager Re-Launch

10. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Re: Voyager Relaunch FAQ

uh, this is already page 2 on my viewing...by 8 posts...

11. The Nth Doctor

It all depends on your settings. For me, at the maximum setting of 40 posts per page, the post is still on the first page.

Thanks for the additional FAQ, LightningStorm.

12. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, the first post in the thread has links to the individual FAQ posts below, so as long as a link to the VGR-R FAQ post were edited into the first post, it wouldn't matter that much what page it's on, right?

13. Locutus

Locutus Captain Captain

Just finding it amazing to have sales breakdowns from the future........... :devil:

14. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

^ I wasn't breaking down sales, I was breaking down type of title. Heck, I could've gone forward to 2008 if I wanted to....

15. Rosalind

Rosalind TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod Admiral

Decided I might as well edit in the link for the Voyager FAQ in the first post.

and while I was there, Michael, I removed the second time your name was mentioned in the thanks list. :D :p

16. LightningStorm

Yay! Thanks. :)

17. Elemental

Elemental Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Is the Captain's Table story actually considered to be a part of the VOY relaunch? I mean, doesn't that book contain stories from other post-series novel lines that aren't necessarily considered a part of their respective "relaunch"?

18. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

well, the NF, SCE, GKN and TTN stories are all part of their series, so I don't see why the DS9R and VGR-R stories shouldn't be.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The frame story of "Seduced" takes place after Chakotay becomes captain of Voyager, an event that occurred in the VGR-R novels. Also, the main story of "Seduced" builds on characters and ideas introduced for the Chakotay backstory in Spirit Walk.

20. MichaelS

MichaelS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No worries. My general importance is in no way diminished. :angel:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.