Outpost Gallifrey/Doctor Who Forum To Close

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by DWF, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I have my doubts. According to one of the current DWF mods:
    Reading that, I'm not sure how anything will really be different. Just a different owner.

2. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I think that is what most people want it to be.

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Which, to be fair, is exactly what the vast majority of forum members want.

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

David, I'm not saying it shouldn't be. OG/DWF largely works. It's not perfect. But it works.

Though it would be nice if things like the Obverse Books situation weren't repeated or continued in the new forum. And I'd prefer to see the "peak hours" nonsense go the way of the dodo.

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I don't think the Obverse books type situation will recur - and in fact discussion of it seems to have been un-banned on OG, just moved to the spinoff section - but I fear the peak hours bollocks will probably be even more extensive on a forum with such a large population and no dedicated servers...

6. Andy S

Andy S Captain Captain

Well GallifreyBase seems to be up and running now. Looks to be much the same as DWF so far but then so does Outpost Who. It'll be interesting to see which one comes out on top (and a mite confusing judging by the similarity of formats).

ETA: (Though I've got a pretty good idea which one will become the more popular)

7. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I have signed up to GallifreyBase, and made a few posts already, but there is not alot there right now.

8. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Thanks for the heads-up. They seem to be less choosy about e-mail adresses and I managed to register.

9. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I rarely posted in the Who section on OG/DWF, so I mainly joined GallifreyBase to continue the football, TV and current affairs chat. The Who bits, especially new series, became simply unmanageable on the old forum, because there were just so many people. You'd post something, come back a few hours later and find the thread had ballooned to thirty pages.