OK, I think I figured out a chunk of the movie (Spoilers galore)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Stag, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

here,s my thinking kirk kick,s ass slung out of starfleet comes bak spock kicks kirk ass they join forces and KICK NERO,S ASS ALL THE WAY BAK 2 ROMULAN STONE AGE !!!!!!!!!!! WHILE THIS IS ALL GOIN ON CAPTAIN PIKE GETS REALLY HURT AND DECIDES 2 BUILD DALEK ARMY LOL LOL FILMS GOING 2 B GOOD.

2. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

Really, really hoping some time passes between Kirk as cadet, and Kirk taking the Big Chair.

Either that, or Kirk is Lt. Kirk, back to the Academy for cadet training.

I despise "boy leader" scenarios. It's insulting to anyone who has ever served in the armed forces. Experience counts.

And yes, I realize it's all just speculation at this point. But if it's not to late for them to re-cut the film, it's not too early for us to grumble.

3. Cakes488

Cakes488 Commodore Commodore

Oh boy do I see a lot of grumbling goin on the future. Hope I'm wrong about that...really do...but chances are there are going to be a lot of problems with the film for hardcore Trek fans.

4. The Academic

The Academic Commander Red Shirt

I'm sorry, but I heard people babble while being on drugs and they made more sense than you...

5. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Where's that don't feed the troll site thingy gone to, I wonder?

6. Irishman

Irishman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have three words for you:

Alexander the Great.

7. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

Agreed. And he isn't a boy. He's thirty years old. And the circumstances are extraordinary. And, in the words of Nero, "James T. Kirk was a great man..."

It's quite possible to be a "hardcore Trek fan" and to embrace this movie and whatever changes it brings with it. As far as I know, there is no "hardcore Trek fan" purity test.

8. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

I'm almost certain it isn't Vulcan we see destroyed - but that the trailers have been cut together to imply this. He uses the weapon on Vulcan, that much is clear, but the connection between this and the planet that is actually destroyed is unclear to me. For one thing, we Spock beam down to Vulcan as its under attack - I think it is unlikely he is going to kill Spock, even in a Reset button way. As they say on teh interwebs, 'bindun'.

9. BorgPhil

BorgPhil Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

why does Spock beaming down to the planet mean he will be killed?

10. THE CHEBB

THE CHEBB Captain Captain

:wtf:

11. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

Romulus is supposedly destroyed by the supernova of another star, so the planet in the movie cannot be Romulus, we know he attacks Vulcan so my belief is that it is Vulcan.

My idea for how the movie unfolds:

Nero blames Spock for the destruction of Romulus. It is my belief that Nero destroys Vulcan in the 24th century in retaliation (seems fitting that Romulus and Vulcan are destroyed together.)

I believe Spock then attempts time travel to stop Nero from destroying Vulcan and Nero follows him. For reason I cannot currently fathom they time travel to the 23rd century where Nero comes into contact with the Kelvin and the Kelvin is destroyed, I believe the Kelvin rams into Neros ship destroying it.

Nero is captured by the Klingons and finally escapes years later around the same time Kirk joins the academy and the Enterprise is launched.
    It takes years for Nero to re-build his ship again and decides he wants to take out Vulcan in the 23rd century and then take out Earth.

Something happens on the ship (Pike is gone for some reason) and Spock and Kirk fight and Kirk ends up on an ice planet where old Spock locates him and they meet up with Scotty. With Scottys help they manage to get back on-board the Enterprise. They recieve a distress call from Vulcan.

Neros attempts to take out Vulcan are foiled by Kirk and crew when they parachute onto the weapon to take it out. Nero decides enough is enough and heads for Earth to destroy Earth instead.
    Nero destroys all the Federation ships around Earth and fires the weapons on San Francisco, meanwhile the Enterprise can't locate Spock on Vulcan and so Kirk ends up taking command, the Enterprise heads to Earth, they drop out of warp around Earth to find several dozen ships destroyed by Nero.

Eventually Kirk manages to board Nero's ship with old Spock and Kirk fights Nero hand to hand whilst old Spock determines how to destroy the weapon. It turns out to destroy the weapon old Spock must activate the quantum singularity weapon which will then destroy Neros ship but to do it he will have to remain behind and go down with it. Kirk makes it back to the Entperise and Nero, Neros ship and old spock are destroyed.

THE END

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Destiny based upon the line "Your father commanded a Starship for ... minutes and saved 800 lives."

Does anyone get a Tim Watters from DS9's Valiant vibe from the new Kirk?

13. urbandk

urbandk Commodore Commodore

Yeah, Watters all the way. There's a thin line between brave and reckless.

Remember that episode where Troi was trapped on the bridge and she became commander?

14. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I hadn't really thought of it before but, in the sense of being opposite sides of the same coin, maybe there is.

Watters was in over his head -- badly -- refusing to admit it to anyone else, struggling not to have to admit it to himself, propped up with too many stimulants and coming apart at the seams under the strain.

Kirk, on the other hand, at the time he says "Yeah, we do" and sits down in the captain's chair, seems to be fully conscious that he may have bitten off more than he can chew, but he knows that they're probably screwed if someone doesn't take charge right now, and he's hoping he'll have what it takes to pull it off. The exchange between Uhura and Kirk just afterward seems to underline both his doubt and his confidence.

Their situations -- and the vibe -- are similar in some ways, but I think there are as many differences.