When (if ever) did you and Smallville part ways?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gaith, Jan 1, 2009.

1. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Never quit, never will.

2. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Never give up. Never surrender.

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I quit watching after season three regularly. I've seen bits and pieces here and there, but I'm so tired of the FOTW episodes. The season premieres and finales were about the only thing the show had going for a long time, but I've seen a couple of recent episodes and heard it's better.

4. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I haven't given up on it yet. I probably could because I'd get all the details off a mate who's hooked on it

5. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

And just because you used the quote I'm posting a pic I shopped during the 300 craze:

[​IMG]

6. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

They did a Mirror/Mirror style ep. of Galaxy Quest? :lol:

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't say that we have. I think that this is the best season so far (and how many people thought the loss of Lex would be the end of the series)...

8. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

Hey it was SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAA! We got a little crazy at the time. ;)
    [​IMG]

9. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I guess they lost me around season 5 (?).
    The "no tights no flights" rule became too much to believe, especially after that awesome flying scene when "Kal El" intercepted Lex's private jet in flight.
    "Clark! You can fly!"
    "No. Kel El can fly."
    WHAT?! Fuck this show!!!

Also pretty hard to take Welling as "superboy" any more when he's two years older then the guy who played SuperMAN in the film. At this age Clark should be Superman in full fledge.

10. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

I watched the show until season 2 or 3 when Enterprise and Smallville moved to the same time slot. I dropped Smallville and continued with Enterprise

11. Kryton

Kryton Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

12. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

I quit after season one. I made a point to watch the season four episodes on rerun after I got into Supernatural. My God, those writers actually made Jensen Ackles look like an unappealing doofus. Now that takes talent.

I, too, watched Enterprise rather than Smallville. Clark and Lana are a little too cute for me. Also, Clark's gotten crows' feet. He's going to have to become Superman sooner or later or he'll be gray at the temples.

13. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Well, the fact that I watched Ent to its conclusion yet have never returned to Smallville should be answer enough, now shouldnt it ;)

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I had believed Chloe's dad to be dead, but I recently found out he was still alive.

In a way that has been shown this season. Metropolis knows about him and an upcoming episode will focus on Clark being 'outed' to Metropolis.

16. Tyson

Tyson Fleet Captain

I quit after 15 minutes into the pilot episode, when it became clear it was just going to be lame 90210 crap with some piss poor special effects thrown in.

I get that every so often they throw the nerds a bone with Zod's homeboys or whoever the fuck they were, but the entire series is utterly pissweak and I'm saddened that it's lasted this goddamn long.

17. ElScoob

ElScoob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know that Smallville and I were ever quite a thing, but I've watched it on and off. I ignored it at the outset, then got into the first couple seasons on DVD, then got turned off by the meteor-freak-of-the-week thing. But I did catch the odd episode here and there, usually when word got out that something significant to the the comics mythology was in the pike.

I've enjoyed Justin Hartley as Ollie Queen, if only in spite of the fact that corporate weirdness and intellectual property rights make him a poor man's Bruce Wayne in the overall scheme of things.

Meanwhile, I've kind have gotten back into the show over the last season or so, and am kind of digging it. And Geoff Johns writing a Legion episode? No-brainer there. We'll see how well the show sustains my interest beyond that point.

--g

18. unimatrix7

unimatrix7 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I feel the show has actually gotten better. The first four seasons just annoyed the crap out of me - the whole Clark/Lana thing, Chloe never shutting the hell up, etc. - and weren't anything too special. Then season 5 surprised me by being noticeable stronger than anything that came before it, and season 6 was excellent.

Haven't seen season 7 yet. I only get to watch it on DVD since it's not shown on the telly here.