What is your view of Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Luther Sloan, Apr 9, 2010.

?

Star Trek Enterprise (the Prequel Series)....

1. Is canon that fits flawlessly within the Core Trek Time Line.

35.9%
  2. Is canon that fits somewhat within the Core Trek Time Line.

22.3%
  3. Is canon that is an Altered First Contact Time Line.

7.8%
  4. Is canon that is still an Altered Temporal Cold War Time Line.

1.0%
  5. Is canon that is both an Altered FC and TCW Time Line.

6.8%
  6. Is not canon no matter what the studio says.

1.9%
  7. Is just a TV show. I really don't care about canon.

18.4%
  8. Is a huge mistake. That is best to be forgotten.

5.8%
  1. Luther Sloan

Luther Sloan Captain Captain

Please Read Thread Rules Below (Within This Post)!

[​IMG]

There has been a lot of disagreements on Star Trek: Enterprise over the years. Many have said that it blatantly disregards canon. Others have said Enterprise fits within the rest of the series flawlessly. A few have given up on the show all together and others have explained the series as some kind of Temporal Cold War or First Contact alternate time line.

Well, this is the place to let us know for sure, once and for all. So please vote and let us know your thoughts exactly what you think Star Trek: Enterprise is and why. I am sure many inquiring Trek fans would like to know.

In fact, I will be posting my thoughts and viewpoints on Star Trek: Enterprise personally myself. So please check back again soon.

In any event, please be civil in this thread folks and have fun posting.

Sincerely,

~J.

Thread Rules!

This is not the place to debate about whether or not Enterprise is canon.

To do that, check out this thread here...

http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=117116

This thread is to share your opinion in a civilized manner on what you think Star Trek Enterprise is specifically and why.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2010
  2. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I voted "flawless" in the Core Trek Timeline because its flaws are not any greater than the rest of Trek.

3. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Is canon that is both an Altered FC and TCW Time Line.

Because that is what logic dictates. It doesn't make me love Enterprise any less, though.

(I actually voted for option #2... Dumbass...)

4. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Er, what? It's the frikkin' question you ask in the poll. Of course this thread is about whether Enterprise is canon or not.

Exactly. Which is why I voted for that option, too. However, I could also have voted for "Is just a TV show. I really don't care about canon", because it is just a TV show and a fictional canon is one of my least concerns when I want to be entertained by a TV show.

To those who believe Enterprise somehow presented an alternate timeline created with First Contact: Do you think everytime someone in Star Trek travelled to the past an alternate timeline was created? If not, what's so different about First Contact?

Oh, and another thing: The sixth option in the poll displays an ignorance on what the term "canon" actually means.

5. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

6. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

I concur on all counts.
    It doesn't take me to like the show to recongize the logic.

7. Luther Sloan

NCC-1701:

Yeah, I wanted to add the words "Opinions Only - No Debating" in parenthesis to the name of the thread, but it slipped past me when I was creating it. I wanted this thread to be a place for people to express their opinions on Enterprise without having to worry about being attacked or challenged because of their viewpoints.

If someone wanted to challenge their ideas, that person could either ask that person if they want to debate the issue in the "Is Enterprise Canon?" thread or they could tell that person that they replied to them there (By providing them with a link to your post or the thread itself).

http://trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=117116

In other words, I wanted this thread to be a safe haven or neutral territory for people's viewpoints on the series and not some type of battle field or endless war on the subject (if they didn't want it to be one).

Side Note:

However, just to let you know: I would be happy to defend my opinions up to a certain point in the "Is Enterprise Canon?" thread after I post my personal viewpoint on Enterprise soon (within this thread).

I still need a bit of time, though. So please be patient, my friend.

Mach 5:

Now that... is totally awesome!

[​IMG]

Yeah, I would agree with that to some degree too.
    In fact, I will be posting my opinion on this particular viewpoint here in this thread with an invitation to debate it in the "Is Enterprise Canon?" thread. Which will hopefully be soon.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  8. Luther Sloan

Dear Admin:

Whenever you get the time, it would be greatly appreciated if this thread had the additional following words in it (to describe it better).

(Opinions Only - No Debating)

...or whatever sounds best to you.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

~J.

9. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

Problem is, this is a discussion forum. The whole idea is to discuss, and in some instances, debate, the topic.

Good luck with that. When seven of your eight poll options contain the word "canon," and your opening post raises the question of whether Enterprise disregards canon, you've set up a discussion about... canon. As such, I'm not seeing any indication that this thread will cover ground that has not already been discussed in the other three canon threads we've had this month.

If your objective is to discuss Enterprise and how it relates to alternate Trek timelines, I suggest you clarify that topic, avoiding use of the word "canon" altogether. Then you might have a shot.

You can't change the poll once it's been posted, so if you'd rather start a new thread and re-word your poll, we can close this thread.

And be prepared for debate. It's the nature of the beast.

10. Luther Sloan

I posted the words "thread rules" in bold in my first post a couple of times. Whatever people want to do. I will leave it up to them.

I just know I will stick by my own rules. Despite my lack of naming the thread properly. Anyways, sorry about that. I will know better next time.

In fact, my apologies to anyone if this causes any type of inconvenience.

Please have a good day and continue to have fun posting.

:)

11. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

This.

12. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ditto.

13. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Well, sorta, but... ENT fits into Trek canon only of you whack it in with a hammer real hard.

14. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

Kind of on the fence with this series.It's a good series if not really taken as a star trek series as it were.
    Yes there were some trekkiness in there but it didnt really feel like start trek.
    Stil it's a good series anyway. wether it's canon or not.. well who cares?

15. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing - people who take Star Trek way too seriously...

Ah well... To each his own.

16. Saquist

Saquist Commodore

One mediocre season doesn't make for a good series or make up for the screw ups in the canon , bad acting and horrid scripts....I can't go there. Is it canon yes. But I don't have to accept it as a good series...it obviously wasn't good enough to stick around for 7 seasons and I wholeheartedly agree with it's cancellation and the Trek Hiatus that occurred afterward.

To some degree (as small one) Star Trek 2009 at least brought the series back from the dead in the public's eyes but the body is alive but the brain is still dead...

17. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

I was hoping for a choice along the lines of

"It's canon flaws are not any greater than the rest of Trek."

That would get my vote.

18. SFRabid

SFRabid Commodore Commodore

This is the Enterprise forum. Why are you talking about TOS?

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Nah, a small tap and a drop of oil is all you need. Same as the rest of Trek.

20. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid I don't have a hammer. Will this do? [​IMG]