TV Shows about Vikings and pirates in development

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, May 24, 2011.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Charlize Theron, 'Hotel Rwanda's' Terry George Developing Viking Drama

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Couldn't find it on YouTube, but Entertainment Weekly has a 30 second teaser for this History Channel TV show.

3. Theodore Jay Miller

Theodore Jay Miller Commodore Newbie

Do you think they mean Blackbeard? He was the pirate; Bluebeard was the guy who murdered his wives.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Three pirate series? Well I think that just about doubles the amount of Pirate media created by human civilization since the dawn of time.

Why is pirate media so rare anyway? Pirates are popular, but they never star in anything...

5. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

In case it wasn't mentioned earlier...

Roman Polanski made a movie called 'Pirates' that stiffed badly. Then came 'CutThroat Island', and that was even worse and took down Carolco. I only watched CTI yesterday, I kind of like it, some of the support roles and the locations are excellent, as is the soundtrack, plus there's a stunt sequence that makes me laugh every time, but the story is overly complex and the two leads were, frankly, woeful.

Back in the 60s there was a TV series series about Drake with Terence Morgan in the lead, and as a preteen I LOVED that show!

I have a script for a pirate movie out doing the rounds, but man, it's tough getting it read!