News The ongoing next Star Trek movie thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by F. King Daniel, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

But are they sitting on the right script? And maybe, just maybe, if they got up off their asses they could actually read a few of them and pick one. Isn’t that how it works? No? I’m confused. :sigh:

:lol:

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

At the very least. A less-conservative count could put them as high as Star Trek 10 or 11.

Or, if they made them all, would the average quality differ appreciably from that of the Star Trek movies we already have?

Richard S. Ta, Ovation and BillJ like this.
  3. Danlav05

Danlav05 Commodore Commodore

I’d love to know the contents of the scripts written since 2016 (and Orci Trek 3 w Shatner) . Might make an interesting book?!

4. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think the Orci script is available online, isn't it? At least some in depth summaries.

5. Danlav05

6. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I believe it was called Star Trek Into Oblivion, but I've not read more than what's linked above.

Danlav05 likes this.
  7. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

That was added last night, probably as a defense against people finding it or sharing it in the future and thinking it's new.

8. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

I did wonder about whether it had been part of the title when originally posted. (Because April Fool's "gotcha" value, and all.)

9. Danlav05

texk.myportfolio.com/star-trek-beyond

Yes, here is some concept art too

10. SeamusShameless

SeamusShameless Captain Captain

If we must get another prequel, as seems a likely scenario, I wish they would just make Star Trek: The Beginning already.

11. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

12. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

If it takes place ‘decades before’ Star Trek ‘09, wouldn’t it by definition be a prime universe film as well as a Kelvin universe film?

13. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seconds after posting, I realized that as well.
    For now, I'm just sticking with 'it's a prequel to that movie'. The usual, and very boring 'but what era/universe does it belong to' is for later. To me, there's two. Prime, and Kelvin. Everything NOT from the ST09, STiD or STB is Prime. Anyone who needs a alternate universe explanation because somehow the forehead ridges on some make species are slightly more askew 15 years later is also absolutely right if that makes them happy.

JRob94 and JoseNoodles like this.
  14. wayoung

wayoung Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you go back a few pages, or in a hundred other threads, you will see statements about it ad nauseum. When promoting Beyond the word came out that the the Naradu/Jellyfish Incursion caused timeline changes forward and backward in time. Keaton Spaghetti. People don't like it. People argue against it. Some people go so far as to post quotes from physicists who say it can't happen, and are rebuked by others posting quotes from physicists who say it can. But what it comes down to is that's how Paramount wants to treat it, so that the shows and movies aren't beholden to each other's canon.

All of which is pretty irrelevant because Skydance will just do what it wants should the takeover happen anyway.

15. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

The changes are a bit more fundamental than that, but that's another topic.

So, what does 'decades' before ST '09 actually mean? Because the movie started in the year 2233, then shows the mid-2240's, then 2255-58. I'm assuming they mean decades before the 2250's-'60's of the regular three-film dates. So that would put the movie right back to the 2230's. Which would still be around the time of Nero's incursion. So I don't really know what they mean by origin story in this context.

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm gonna guess they're thinking of a George Kirk movie on the U.S.S. Kelvin. Or possibly, after Stranger Things and the Ghostbusters movie before last, an adventure with school-age Kirk and Spock.

saddestmoon likes this.
  17. Daddy Todd

Daddy Todd Commodore Commodore

Yet another movie that will never go into production.

Smellmet and Grendelsbayne like this.
  18. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Captain Captain

2025? Maybe something happens this time...

19. Smellmet

Smellmet Commodore Commodore

Another prequel? Ugh.

Victoria likes this.
  20. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Considering that Star Trek 2009 began in 2233 with the destruction of the USS Kelvin and that movie story of this origin film takes place decades before that, we can have any story starting with the creation of the Federation in 2161.
    It could even pay tribute to Enterprise, with Bakula.