The Flash - Final Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by tomalak301, Feb 9, 2023.

1. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

What happened was that the writers and production people in charge stopped caring about the product. There was tension between the creatives and the company and the creatives started calling it in. The last few seasons were a half hearted effort--not just on Flash but on Batwoman and Supergirl as well. This was felt all the way down to the stunt people and filming crew. I was told this by a fight coordinator who worked on several of the series and was a stunt person/stand in (don't know the term) on Flash, Supergirl and Batwoman --that the attention to detail and caring about the final product just changed in the final couple of years of production. When the people running the show on the ground stop caring--that feeling runs through the entire production.

Guy Gardener likes this.
  2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know what should have been the perfect ending.

Change nothing.

The end.

Post credit... DeVoe blinks, facepalms, says "Oh god no" then looks around his environment, and there's clear evidence that it is still season 3, and the last 6 years have been a simulation thunk up by the Thinker.

3. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Something certainly changed in the final couple of seasons of Supergirl. The fourth season was fantastic, but then the quality just fell off a cliff.

4. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Personally I already felt the decline during season 4. They had a great message, but the delivery of it was forced and felt very preachy. It got in the way of what they wanted to tell. After that..... Well, I finished season 5 because I felt I had to. It took me ages to start season 6, and stopped after 5 minutes. It was garbage to me. Which kinda sucked, because seasons 1-3 got me through a very rough time. I really loved that show back then.

Guy Gardener likes this.
  5. The Realist

The Realist Vice Admiral Admiral

Can't agree about Sg season 4. I felt the sociopolitical themes were not only very timely and apt, but smartly delivered through compelling, well-acted characters like Lockwood and Black. Not to mention Jon Cryer's dazzling debut as Luthor. I rewatched the entire season again not too long ago and it still holds up for me. I think its only competition for series best is the also-great season 1.

Glad you loved seasons 1-3, though.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Some time last century the press said to Frazer Hines "You're a dude in a dress, it looks weird, don't you want to put some blue jeans on and be normal?"

The actor replied "If I don't wear Jamie's kilt, then I'm not Jamie."

Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
    Turtletrekker likes this.
  7. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm really glad you loved season 4 so much. And again, I really loved the message it was giving. Just not the way HOW it was delivered. But that's the beauty of movies and tv. We don't need to get along about how we feel about things, as long as we respect how others think and feel about it. And I felt you appreciated my point of view, and I really do appreciate yours. Even if we don't agree.

Oh, quick edit. Yes, the sociopolitical views were indeed very timely and apt. We very much agree on that!

The Realist likes this.
  8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Barry Allen and Green Lantern

Snaploud and Morpheus 02 like this.
  9. thribs

thribs Vice Admiral Admiral

Today’s the day
    [​IMG]

He will be missed.

ialfan and Kai "the spy" like this.