The Doctor Who 2010 Christmas specials rumors and speculations thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Re: The Doctor Who 2010 Christmas specials rumors and speculations thr

But still no Fez! :scream:

I hope that a long time from now "I didn't get a fez" will be Smith's final words

2. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well we don't know if this is a permanant new jacket, or just something slightly different he'll wear from time to time, like Ten's blue suit (which I never liked if I'm honest) I don't think they could ever get rid of the bow tie now. I hope we haven't seen the end of the elbow patches though.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Christmas must come fast this year.

4. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

OK, I was under the impression that all the images of Doctors past in Matt Smith's season were all referencing the eventual reveal that the pandorica was to hold the Doctor. Like the crack, Rose on the monitor, Bad Wolf etc, it was a 'tell' for the season's big reveal. It was from these images of the Doctors that my friends and I had guessed that the pandorica would contain the Doctor in some manner.
    I had just assumed this was the case and not given it a second thought - I take it others didn't think they were connected?

5. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like having the Doctor chage outfits between stories. (Pertwee had quite a collection of different shirt/jackets as I recall). Unless he kept a wardrobe full of the same outfit, the other Doctors clothes must've been pretty grungy and worn by the end of their runs. :)

6. knine

knine Captain Captain

It always seemed like the doctor has several sets of the same cloths. He ripped them up in The End Of Time, and had a new exact set on before the end of th ep.

7. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, if this is the next televised adventure for Eleven, Amy & Rory, does this mean the set-up at the end of "The Big Bang" is one of these adventures we'll never see? Shame, since an Egyptian goddess loose on the Orient Express in space is an adventure I'd sure like to see! :D

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  8. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Yep. He couldn't have just one each. The human Doctor stole his blue suit in "Journey's End," but he wore it in "Waters of Mars," and he tore up two brown suits in "End of Time" but had clean replacements for each, the only concession to reality being that he changed his shirt and tie both times, as well. So, he had at least five suits in that style, in two colors. Probably more, since I'd expect the real Doctor to have more duplicates of his favorite outfit than the costume department at the BBC does.

9. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther

"Santa hats are cool!" I think that, next season, the Doctor should have a different hat in every episode. And in each one, it gets lost or destroyed somehow. When I watched "The Big Bang" with my friends, our biggest reaction was a collective groan of regret when River destroyed the fez. Somehow, I think Matt Smith just has the right attitude for hats. He can singlehandedly justify any fashion choice by saying that it's "cool." (Although I wonder how he would handle Colin Baker's coat?)

I'm just glad that Amy & Rory are back as the companions. This will be the 1st time since "The Christmas Invasion" that we've had a Christmas special with a continuing companion. After the 10th Doctor constantly losing everyone, it's a nice change of pace. Plus, Rory is in the running to be my all-time favorite companion. (He's already sprinted past all of the modern companions. Now, he's jockeying for position against Ian Chesterton, Jamie McCrimmon, Harry Sullivan, Sarah Jane Smith, Romana I, & Dorothy "Ace" McShane. And I suppose Susan & Zoe are in there somewhere too.)

10. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther

As for montages, I agree that they've been somewhat overdone in the last couple years. "The Next Doctor" was fine because the new series hadn't yet done an all-Doctors montage up to that point. "The Eleventh Hour" was somewhat comforting, since we were still getting used to the new guy. "The Lodger" was mercifully short. But I think we've reached the saturation point.

That said, I liked the bit in "Vampires of Venice" where the Doctor forgot that he gave his psychic paper to Rory, and instead whips out his old library card with William Hartnell on the front.:guffaw:

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

First Christmas special picture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Worf2DS9

Worf2DS9 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sigh, they still use the white glowy windows on Eleven's TARDIS sometimes, despite them not making much sense, since there's nothing inside the ship that would cause such brightness.

13. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

They're even less sensible now, since the windows are transparent from the inside. At least in RTD's, they were frosted on both sides.

14. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

15. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Ah, crap; is that Davros saying "Silence will fall?"

Very, very cool indeed to see Michael Gambon, though. :techman:

16. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's the same voice heard in "The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang."

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Outstanding and yep that's the same voice from the finale! Very interesting indeed.

18. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I like the way the TARDIS dissapears (dematerializes?) in the teaser trailer, not sure if that is meant to be a new CGI effect for dematerialization, or just something different the TARDIS is doing, but I like it.

19. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Was that Sir Ian McKellen in the teaser trailer? It looked just like him.

20. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, that was Sir Michael Gambon.