Terminator-213 "Earthlings Welcome Here" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by nx1701g, Dec 15, 2008.

?

Grade "Earthlings Welcome Here"

1. "I'll be back." (Excellent)

21.7%
  2. "Come with me if you want to live." (Above Average)

58.7%
  3. "Thank you for explaining." (Average)

13.0%
  4. "Hasta la vista, Baby." (Below Average)

6.5%
  5. "You are terminated." (Failure)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Re: Terminator-213 "Earthlings Welcome Here" - Discuss/Grade <SPOILERS

Possibly.

OT: To tide everyone over I'll be doing a Terminator fan fic during the midseason break. It'll be in the Trek Fanfic forum.

2. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It did look a LOT like the Hunter-Killer from the future. I figure that's probably what it was.

Is that Kyle Reese showing up for the second half of the season??

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

More likely a "don't want to pay royalties to the guy who designed the original one"-otype.

;)

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Yes. What intrigued me was in the one hospital scene Sarah (or the patient at least) asked if he was John's father.

The Aerial HK from The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day has been seen on the show in Dungeons and Dragons and in Automatic For the People.

5. Quantum

Quantum Captain Captain

Did anybody notics that kyle looked nothing like kyle?

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I wonder if he's going to be something else...

7. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The fact that he said 'Come with me if you want to live' means he's probably a Terminator. Either reprogrammed or not.

8. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Not necessarily. The original, all-too-human Kyle Reese said the same thing to Sarah in the first movie.

9. Chess Piece Face

Chess Piece Face Commodore Commodore

Fucking Browns. God I hate football.

10. Meredith

Meredith Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the actress is a woman playing "a woman who used to be a guy" kinda thing.

Also they found some gal with a naturally deepish voice and had her butch it up a bit.

11. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

I was totally confused. I knew she was a woman. I didn't think she was a man, but her admission threw me.

12. DontFeedPhil

DontFeedPhil Fleet Captain

Why was the tranny mad at Sarah? Wasnt it clear that the guys on the motorcycles were after the tranny man? And they only went after both of them when they came to the warehouse?
    And I didnt really like the ending. I mean WTF? Was it an alien? Was it a HK? Was it man made? DUMB!
    That and I really hope Jesse gets killed off. What a Cunt. She needs to be slapped up herself...

13. Michael_One

Michael_One Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I saw right through the "Abraham" disguise... but trusting Sarah got him killed. Adam was working on LIDAR which he thought was for 'bots. Uhhh, LIDAR isn't mostly used in robots, it is used in speed measurements like in traffic cops writing tickets. The military application is a range and velocity sensor for fire control directors. Of course, we can see the use a triple fan hover drone would have for that...

Jessie is a mean bitch... if she'd handled Riley right there wouldn't have been complications. Riley is clearly not cut out for her mission; Jessie makes it sound like her trip to our time was a hasty decision. Someone had that apartment ready for them to arrive...

Riley's star tatoo meant somthing to Cameron. Summer Glau's acting has a mastery of the subtle, her look of recognition tells a lot.

Sarah killed (though accidentally) the air conditioning/ covert guard guy. That's a first for her, she's only killed Terminators up to now. Come on, we all knew the air conditioning warehouse was a cover for the secret lab. Do we want to bet Catherine Weaver is involved in this? If not there is yet another faction out there... the previews spoiled that Sarah gets out of this in one piece.

They didn't get much screen time in this ep but Ellison and John Henry bring a lot to the table. Ellison is searching for answers through faith. John Henry is searching for answers through logic and technology. The UFO people are looking for answers but they don't know how or where to look. I wonder if they are a metaphor for the fans, searching for meaning but don't know what the clues represent?

Knowns: Riley's from the future. The three dots are drone engines. Ellison is having a whole lot of doubts. John is acting less emo.

Unknowns: Who are these triple fan drone people? What is Weaver up to, exactly? What happens to Riley? What does her star tatoo mean? Who is the hit man biker? How does he (or she) know when to show up?

I have the DVR discing the show in case I don't get home in time. Today I got home but let the DVR record the ep 'cause I want to watch it again. I figured out how to tell the commercials from the show: Commercials have happy people and T:SCC has angsty people so I'll know when to resume normal playback.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Good point about the tatoo. I wonder if Cameron was interested in it because she had scanned it? Maybe she did so and detected traces of the inks used in the future (or perhaps even light radiation coming from it). Summer Glau said in an interview that things are going to heat up during part two of the season for everyone.

15. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

^At first I thought maybe it was some post Judgment Day thing, but after Cameron mentioned she could tell Riley was lying by heart rate and palm perspiration I just assumed she asked to observe the tattoo so she could test her.

16. highlander

highlander Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey all sorry I missed the discussion again this week, had to work.:klingon:

This was a kind of weird episode but I still gave it above average. I really liked the Ellison/John Henry stuff tonight. I like how they are bringing his faith into his interaction with the AI. Poor Riley, she had to go all emo and slice herself up. Didn't see it coming and couldn't care less that it did. Not sure how this is going to further the story? The HK thingies were cool. I swear I have seen the pictures that the tranny had in his/her trailer on one of those UFO hunter type shows. Maybe I'm just nuts but they looked very familiar. Procutus the Browns are really screwing you over!!! It wouldn't be so bad if they were a good team.:p LOL. Any who can't wait till February and the Friday night death slot. The worst part for me is that I always end up working Friday nights. NX I will defiantly check out your fan-fic!!! You are my Terminator Guru!

17. Uncle Tobias

Uncle Tobias Lieutenant Red Shirt

You're not alone there, they looked really familiar to me aswell. I think last year they were posted here, amongst other places. IF they intentionally used 'real' UFO photos then made the flyer at the end intentionally similiar, that's awesome

18. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be my guess. I think Cameron suspects Riley is out of place, but hasn't pegged her as being from the future yet. Riley still seemed alive after her Ordinary People moment, so I guess we haven't seen the rest of her.

Boy is Jesse one mean bitch.

I'm intrigued to learn more about what's up with the warehouse. There has to be some Cyberdyne/Weaver connection. Either that or we'll see Sarah in Nazca, Peru searching for crystal skulls. ;)

I liked the touch at the beginning of the episode of waitress-Sarah seeing an endoskeleton in the mirror for a split second.

19. bdb

bdb Lieutenant Red Shirt

When it comes to trannies, its never a good call.

20. Booji

Booji Commodore Premium Member

above average
    Sarah finally took a bitch out! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!! Ellison really needs to get a bullet next. I can already see John Henry taking the whole religion thing the wrong way and flaking out launching nukes. Cameron was extra creepy in this one, which is a good thing. The previews for the rest of the eps looked cool. heh, I like when John Henry tells Weaver she's not human. not too sure i like bringing Kyle back, regardless of the form he takes. February is too far away.