Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

WOW! That's an order of magnitude more impressive if it got there that quick from such a distance. I mean, it takes several days alone getting through customs at the package black hole in Newark, much less taking into account actual travel time.

I wonder if they've taken the Eaglemoss route and started opening up domestic warehouses for logistics and distribution again. If so, then that kind of investment may indicate they intend to be in it for the long haul (but with a more measured approach than its predecessor took). Either way, it's very good news for the ship line.

2. dantini

dantini Commander Red Shirt

Well, it may be about to get worse. There's new information on Master Replicas' Stargate puddle jumper here, and the CAD model they've prepared seems to have a pretty serious flaw. The engine intakes, which are obviously supposed to protrude from the front of the engine pods, are below them instead. They're presumably separate parts on the CG model and somehow weren't moved upwards together with the rest of the engine. Imagine a model airplane that looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    The file name in the video indicates that this model was already being worked on in 2021, so I guess this is technically not Master Replicas' fault. I hope they're going to fix it, but then again it already says "approved"...

Markonian and David cgc like this.
  3. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

Markonian and dantini like this.
  4. dantini

Markonian and David cgc like this.
  5. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I'd like a Puddle Jumper model. Hopefully, it isn't humongous. Always weirds me out when shuttlecraft/smallcraft vehicles are large.
    Any current discount codes going?

6. dantini

The file name "Stargate issue 6- 145mm- 20210607- approved" is visible in the video, so that may be the length (or width?).

Markonian likes this.
  7. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

Oops, forgot to respond to you — no, this was delivered from the UK and it went through NY. I live near San Francisco and have been lucky in the past with international orders processed through SFO instead of LAX or JFK, but this has to be a record (both transit times through JFK and that MR actually mailed something the next day instead of a week, which was probably the soonest previously, lol).

137th Gebirg likes this.
  8. Macintosh

Macintosh Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well... still nothing from Gameprint/Integral Reality. So I'm guessing I'm one of the "mandatory refund" guys.

9. drt

drt Commodore Commodore

I totally forgot about that, guess I'm in the same boat. My fault really, @Markonian gave us plenty of fair warning they were shutting things down and I still waited until the last minute to place my final order.

Macintosh likes this.
  10. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

I emailed them last night to inquire (enquire?) about the status of my three October orders. Not known which email is there current one, I used all four:
    contact@integralrealitylabs.com
    support@integralrealitylabs.com
    support@mixeddimensions.com
    payments@mxd3d.com

Macintosh and drt like this.