SPY PHOTOS at AICN

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by AudioBridge, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Thinking about that shuttle craft again, didn't we see something fly by the Enterprise in the trailer as it was being built? I'm just taking a shot in the dark that that is the same type of "worker shuttle"

It transports workers back and forth to the construction of the big "E"

2. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

well, I looked and I looked , but couldn't find a full picture of the jacket, just head shots, but if you go back and watch the cage or the menagerie you will see onee of the characters, i think is a yoemen wearing a jacket just like the one in the new pictures which has a delta shield on it just the same, since i couldn't find the picture i guess i can't prove you wrong , but i know i've seen it before

3. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

None of these outfits looks anything like any "Cage" uniforms except for the fact that some of them are grey.

4. MikeGainer

MikeGainer too fat to fish Fleet Captain

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

6. ancient

ancient Vice Admiral Admiral

It's too funny how a picture of a somewhat scratched up consol on a cargo shuttle has caused some of the cwazy fans to pronounce this entire movie a rip on the BSG/dystopia look and such nonsense.

Yes. A scratched-up consol. The future is truely a grim, horrible place. We've wiped out war, hunger, disease, and all that. But there is still grit. We have failed to make the future a better place. Our hope is gone. All our grand designs are shattered because the damn cargo pilot insisted on not wiping his feet. What kind of a crazy world is this where we can still get dirty. WHERE IS YOUR DAMNED VULCAN LOGIC NOW?

Nevermind that everyone is wearing brightly colored, unstained, unripped, like-new uniforms. Nevermind that the style of the shuttle is remarkably close to the style and spirit of TOS. Nevermind that we make ourselves sound like total weenies by even discussing this. Abrams = evil. Because...[insert whatever nonsense crap you want here]. Hasn't he heared? Only by repeating past failures again and again can we build a truely great society. Or movie, or whatever.

7. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

[​IMG]

Didn't notice it before but this pic seems to be shot out of something that looks vaguely like a script. Is that possible?

8. Baldus885

Baldus885 Captain Captain

No, you say it because it's your opinion - there's a considerable difference, and you're in no more of a position to claim your opinion as fact as anyone else.

Can you point out which "flavour of the month" sci-fi shows you mean? Firefly was cancelled after a handful of episodes, and BSG became less popular over time, so you must mean some other shows that look like the new Trek and that have remained popular...?

9. Samurai8472

That's the one thing we can never escape whether it be in the future or past..........grit

Damn you grit!!!
    *shakes fist wildly into the air*

I can only pray that the prophecy of "the bald one" will save up. Save us Mr. Clean!

10. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I would also like to point out that the way something looks on film is not how it looks on a daylight lit close-up shot by someone's digital camera. Movie sets often look very "fake" IRL and require lighting and production values to fully bring them to life.

11. Sharr Khan

Sharr Khan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"Flavor of the month..."

Considering that Star Trek hasn't been on the list of nifty new ice cream flavors in a long time, some how I have a hard time seeing that as being a bad thing.

Its a bit of an old flavor just made now with a gourmet flair.

Sharr

12. Mr Nighttime

Mr Nighttime Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

That's it? That is what all the fuss is over?

Pardon me for saying it but....big deal...

13. Samuel T. Cogley

Samuel T. Cogley Vice Admiral Admiral

Psst.

Come here a second. **motions with finger**

[whisper]Turns out all this fuss is over a Star Trek movie.[/whisper]

I know.

I was just as surprised as you are.

14. Samurai8472

Calm and collected reactions on a star trek board? HA!

15. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

It seems to be the only one of the set so framed, but it does pose an interesting question, doesn't it?

16. Samurai8472

Tilts head 90 degrees and squints

"Kirk delivers.....spock....tribbles...ravenwood......acquire head....... piece of Ra......Tanith.....Milk, eggs, flour, hair dye"

17. Basil

Basil Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So far, what I'm seeing seems very faithful to the aesthetic of the TOS, with enough elements to provide a realistic sense that this is a prequel to that show -- colors, textures, basic designs, even the "bellhop" overalls . . . this is what we should have been seeing with "Enterprise." The Starfleet delta does look too plasticky and like later incarnations . . . couldn't it have been a patch? . . . but I can live with that . . . .

18. blockaderunner

blockaderunner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I like the, what George Lucas called "used future" asthetic. It gives a sense of history to the Federation. If I'm not mistaken, it has been around for some time around the time Kirk joins up. To use my own experiences in the U.S. Navy, from a distance, your basic surface ship looks pristine and majestic. But get on board one, and even the most seemingly spotless ship has some wear to it. That's what happens to stuff over time. The days where the future looked like it popped up yesterday are long gone. Go re-watch TOS for the billionth time if you like that asthetic. Trhe rest of us are ready to see Trek into the 21st century and beyond.

19. blockaderunner

blockaderunner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

What?:wtf:

You see? It's nerdgasms like this which I hope Abrams will avoid.

20. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm pleased. And once again, it looks like the whole "it will be a complete reboot" crowd is wrong. I see definite shades of TOS.