Parties to remember.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by K'Ehleyr, May 13, 2011.

1. K'Ehleyr

K'Ehleyr Commodore Commodore

Dancing on tables and ending up in your underwear in a swimming pool (thankfully theirs!)

Inspired by a convo on FB.

This memory of one party in particular has sprung to mind. It was my best friends' parents in law's something anniversary and I think I was just invited for the fun element. Which is cool, if there's free food, music, dancing, a tent and enough champange to shake a stick at ~ why not?

Once I'd danced, I saw the table as a challenge ~ pretty much like mountain climbers must see Everest. So I took that challenge, and by all accounts I did pretty well. Although the caterers in the morning complained about the shoe prints ~ fussers!

I think I remember an energentic boogie with a guy who let hold of me at an inappropriate time and left me a little prone on the floor.

I recall being in the pool in my underwear ~ luckily it was matching and it was their pool.

I do remember talking complete rubbish to a chap very much later (about 4am) and drinking brandy.

Then I was put to bed, the leather sofa in the lounge with the really loud clock!

Awoke, wondered out to the pool site to find everybody having breakfast ~ caterers again. I ordered a cigarette and a Bloody Mary.

"Do you not want anything else K'Eh"
    "Well only to know where the hell I parked my car!"

Bloody good night :D

More best party stories...

2. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

Oh, I've a fair few.

For my sister's bachelorette party we brought her to one of the best drag shows in Seattle. 10 girls and Niel, my sister's very effeminate best friend, donned hot pink feather boas and settled in for a night of drunken cross-dressing delight. I'd been to that particular show a few times before -- fantastic entertainment and good drinks. I don't know what got into the bartender that night, though, (perhaps he was feeling generous?) but out of 12 girls 6 ended up in the ER with alcohol poisoning! At one point during the Dolly Parton act I saw Neil dragging my sister to the ladies', and after Madonna I vaguely remember being stuffed into the back of a car. Then it was the bright lights of the ER, hot pink feathers floating in the air and littering the floor! I swear, I had only 2 and half drinks -- I don't know what they were putting in them!

To top it off the doctors flew into a mild panic upon realizing that not only were we all delirious, but had rashes on our necks and chests. It wasn't until my younger sister made the connection to the boas and we realized the "rashes" were merely hot pink dye that had stained our skin that any of us were released!

3. K'Ehleyr

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
    I'll add that I'm so glad you were all ok, but great story :techman:

Any party that invovles cross-dressing, boas (especially pink) and cocktails is fabulous!

And when you get a generous bartender, then you're made!

I tipped the bartend at Son's 18th (quite generously) and although none of them, thankfully, ended up in hospital, they had a most excellent time :lol:

4. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

I should have a few, but I don't remember much after the fifth mojito! :alienblush:

5. K'Ehleyr

Lightweight! :klingon:

6. iguana_tonante

I have probably less blood in my entire system than some people in their right leg, so don't blame me for my inability to hold vast amount of liquors. :lol:

7. K'Ehleyr

Fancy a mojito, or five? ;)

8. thestrangequark

thestrangequark Admiral Admiral

I caught my hair on fire after 3 mojitos once. Quark is also a lightweight.

9. iguana_tonante

No mojito for me tonight, I have work to do.

But tomorrow I'm in Venice, and it will be spritz until I run around in Piazza San Marco wearing only an Italian flag and a smurf cap. Watch out for me in the news.

10. K'Ehleyr

Video, photos, news covery, or I will not believe.

And why the smurf cap? I am intrigued...

11. K'Ehleyr

Yes, maybe lightweight ~ but with style. I really hope you weren't wearing hairspray :D :)

12. iguana_tonante

Why, because I can. ;)

13. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Probably the most memorable party I ever attended was Hellvis's eviction party. (We nicknamed him Hellvis for his blond pompadour)

I got drunk, got arrested, got in a street fight, got in a car chase, and wound up in the ER babysitting my passed-out friend Bun-Man. In that order. I got through the night without either a scratch, or a criminal record, myself. Bun-Man was not so fortunate.

That was also the night my friend Colin earned his nickname. Earlier in the evening, a bunch of us went out for a stroll, and found a torn-up leather jacket in the middle of the street.

Since Colin was too poor to buy a leather jacket, we gave it to him--after writing all over it with permanent markers. After that, everybody called him Roadkill.

14. K'Ehleyr

I need photographic evidence of this happening! Or you're just teasing us Iggi.

Anyway Bed calls ~ have a most fabulous time in Venice and next time invite K'Eh and TSQ, ~ share! ;)

Nite chaps, x

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Back in my drinking days, I had some times I am not proud of. And by that I mean, deeply ashamed. There was one time when my niece had her, I think, third birthday party (she is now 15) and I got so drunk I sat on the cake. (a piece thereof, anyway)

I think that was what started me back on the journey onto the wagon.

16. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

^Oh, man. :rofl:

Has she forgiven you?

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ I hope so. She and my nephew still tease me about it, but they've never been flat out mad at me.

For the longest time I was convinced that they set me up by strategically placing that cake where they knew I would sit, but now I know...I was just a lousy stinking drunk. :(

Besides I was weaving around so much that day, I doubt they knew where I would end up anyway.

18. iBender

iBender Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The good parties are always the ones you remember bits of. (Or the ones you can't.)

19. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Random memories:
    Boogie-ing with an Oscar-winning actress (best friends were jealous :))
    Someone falling through a glass coffee-table (fortunately unharmed - think might have been toughened/safety glass)
    Someone falling drunk off pirate-replica boat. Too many highly toxic rum and cokes. But crew got them back on board ok.

One I remember most is hooking up with someone who had really bad sore throat/laryngitis. Sounded like a foghorn.

Sadly as got older parties got duller. More drink and polite convos rather than fun...

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  20. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

We had a toga party in college, my friend got so drunk he fell of the top balcony of the stairs, dropped about 10 feet and landed headfirst in a group of partygoers sitting on the stairs, scattering all of them but not causing any significant injuries. All 6'7" and probably about 180 pounds of him.

Then he slid down the stairs, completely rigid like an ironing board bouncing his head of every step until he hit the ground on the bottom floor. Totally out cold. We thought he was dead for moment. His mate who was visiting us who we didn't know came bowling ver and pushed everyone out of the way, and he was screaming and crying and yelling things like "get away from him you motherfuckers, you don't know him, you're not even his friends, I AM!!!!!" and then tried to pick him up. Naturally we all yelled at him to stop, and not move the guy in case he was injured. But as he started pulling him Darren came to and starting groaning and moving his head, but he was far far too drunk and shocked to talk . So we got him sat up on the stairs and called an ambulance

When the ambulance guy turned up, he checked him over and pulled his eye open to shine a light in it, at which point Darren snapped to, and no word of lie said "I only had one pint!" before collapsing back into unconsciousness. We put him to bed, where he promptly wet himself.

He is now a professional stand up comedian.

Another time at a beach party I saw two guys just walk into the middle of the fire we were sitting round and start kissing, until they caught on fire. I have no fucking idea what they were on but most of us were tripping, watching them streaking down the beach in the night, on fire, was quite surreal.

One of them I found out later had already received very severe burns to his legs before the finally reached the sea. Whereupon I am sure he was very soothed by the lukewarm saltwater he jumped into.

Ahh, good times.