Lost 4x09: "The Shape of Things to Come"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Apr 24, 2008.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

73.6%
  2. Above Average

21.7%
  3. Average

3.8%
  4. Below Average

0.9%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the grading & discussion thread for Lost 4x09, "The Shape of Things to Come". Spoilers ahead...

I'm excited that Lost is back. This has already been one hell of a season and I think the best is yet to come. We've got six episodes left, and in this time, I expect the questions surrounding how the Oceanic Six became the Oceanic Six to be answered. That's big stuff and six episodes to get all this done isn't much by Lost standards, so I also expect things to be fast-paced, or at least faster paced than usual. Maybe. We'll know if they deliver on that soon enough. In any case, how will these six episodes be broken down? According to the schedule, we'll be getting four episodes in a row, then one Thursday with no episode (May 22nd when Indiana Jones comes out ...in theatres that is), followed by a two-hour finale the following week on May 29th. Sounds good to me.

So, what can we expect in this episode? Read on...

"Jack tries to discover the identity of a body that has washed ashore. Meanwhile, Locke's camp is attacked by Ben's adversaries."

[​IMG]

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

You know, the break wasn't that bad. Of course, it helped that Doctor Who and Battlestar Galactica both returned shortly after LOST's hiatus began. :D

3. label

label Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, 4-5 week breaks I can deal with. 8 month breaks until we get Season 5 I'm not so sure about.....:eek:

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

And speaking of BSG, we've got another BSG/Lost connection with the episode title.

5. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

^ Will Aaron be revealed as the third Cylon/Human hybrid?

6. Mitty

Mitty Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, Lost time again. About time.

The spoilers are a bit few and far between this time round, but I've managed to use my skills to bring you the following:

We discover that Ben has left the island to put on a cabaret act in Vegas. He has dancing rabbits and lots of metaphorical boxes on the stage surrounding his piano.

7. Twilight

Twilight Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice. I had forgotten it came back this week, thought it was next week.

Very much looking forward to it!

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

The break was bad! Nothing can sub in for Lost. :D

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's no way we'll have to wait until next January or February for more lost. I guarantee it. The schedule has never worked their way and they'll want to jump the gun. Or they'll do something online again...

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Lindelof already confirmed that we have to wait 'til January. :(

11. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's all up to ABC though. If they run out of shows they'll bring it back sooner.

12. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Woo hoo! Lost is back! That break actually wasn't bad. I found the numerous two and three week breaks back in Season 2 far more excruciating.

In other news, there's probably a few jokes to be gleaned from both "shapeliness" and "coming" from the title. And that's always good news.

13. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Well I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to watch this episode naked.

14. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

I almost wish I lived closer.

15. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, awesome episode. I think the flash forwards have really changed the nature of the show for the better. That, or I've just turned my brain off and started ignoring all the problems. :p

16. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Yeah, uh Excellent. There was a lot going on. We're gonna have to watch that again...

17. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Above average. Would have been excellent if they hadn't killed a certain character. :(

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Absolutely no way I can grade this lower than an "excellent." I can't wait to see how this war unfolds, and I really hope Keamy meets a most gruesome fate.

19. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Excellent. Great, great episode. Ben's brought to the forefront in a whole new way, the opposing sides are set, and we should be learning some more stuff very shortly. Terrific action too...we even get some Lost red shirts.

Poor Alex. :(

20. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT. :eek:

Subterranean conduits! At last!

Unleashing of the smoke monster!

Danielle! Alex! Nadia!

The rules have been changed!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Yeah...my jaw is still on the floor.

Lost is back and with a huge bang. They didn't pull any punches and even answered so more questions. Even more strangely, Jack actually did something smart! Will wonders ever cease?!?!