News Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes - Pre-release Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Nov 3, 2023.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Our first clip
    Campfire

Raka

Inside the Kingdom Featurette

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

The thumbnail in that last one was misleading in the thought that Andy was commenting on the new film, but the clip of him is actually part of the retrospective leading up to talking about the new film. I knew he wasn't involved (except maybe as an honorary executive producer?) so I wasn't expecting much from it, but it was still annoying to see that preview and then nothing.

Either way, I'm still very excited about this film.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that got me too.

Tickets on Sale Now Featurette

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

That clip titled "Raka" kinda gives away a spoiler IMO

The Nth Doctor and Nerys Myk like this.
  5. IMC Headquarters

IMC Headquarters Screencaptioning Addict Premium Member

Honkin' BIG spoiler. Wish I hadn't seen it! Oh well. Turn brain off at the auditorium door...

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I was a little surprised they actually revealed that already.

7. The Nth Doctor

Damn, I'm glad I pretty much stop watch any clips at this point in general. Just the first two big trailers for any film and then I'm done. Sometimes, even that is too much (such as Arrival...I'm so glad I only watched the teaser trailer for that one).

8. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Without even clicking on it, I can guess what the spoiler is; and judging by her clothes, which are different from the others, she is probably one of the missing astronauts from the first movie, brought forward in time like Taylor in the original PoTA.

9. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

The maybe-spoiler has been there since the first trailer, and I'm hoping it's something revealed fairly early on in the narrative. I hate when promo material give away third-act spoilers. Like when they gave away that Krall was human before the movie came out. Thanks guys. :ack:

10. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

The ads that played around here, at least the ones that I saw, did not actually give that away before the premiere. I was supposed to see the film that weekend with my friend and his coworkers but the plan fell through and I ended up going by myself the following week, by which point the commercials giving away that Krall was Edison had started airing. :rolleyes::scream:

11. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Two days or so before it came out there was a TV spot released...and the effing thumbnail was a shot of Edison. So without even clicking play I still got spoiled. I wasn't super happy.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I doubt it, this is only 300-400 years after the Ceasar trilogy, so I'm assuming it's just that not all humans have lost the ability to speak yet.

13. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Well if she isn't from the Mars mission, then the Japanese and European trailers that just dropped are edited in such a way that make it as though she is from another time and place.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen those yet.

15. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The subtitles on the "Tickets on Sale Now Featurette"
    Call Freya Allen's character Nova/Mae. I guess Nova is what they call her before she reveals her real name as seen in the Raka trailer.

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, in the Campfire clip, Raka the Orangutang, says they'll "name her Nova, we name them all Nova". Which I'm assuming is a reference to both the girl in War and the original Nova.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of the shorter teasers would seem to disprove the rumors about Mae being from the ship from Rise/the reboot version of Taylor's ship.

I doubt Mae would know about what happened with the virus if she'd been on the ship, since they would have missed all of that.
    World Building featurette

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Legacy Featurette

What a Wonderful Day clip

I'm starting to wonder if we might get some kind of a surprise appearance by Andy Serkis either as Ceasar or a new character, because he seems to be spending an awful lot of time promoting the movie for someone does not appear to have been involved in it.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Groups of people in ape costumes on horseback were riding around on Venice Beach

and in San Francisco

as a promotion for the movie.

20. The Nth Doctor

I've been hoping all along we would get an Andy Serkis appearance (no matter the form) so fingers crossed on that point.