HAHA! I have partly solved the mystery of women...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Plecostomus, Feb 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Doesn't matter who wrote them, it's about the difference between how men and women are viewed. It wasn't Marge Simpson that was raped by a Panda in a semi-family orientated show, after all.

2. blablover5

blablover5 Admiral Admiral

Oh sure it's just a little bit of fun until women cannot respond in kind. Til we are repetedly having to fight against these kinds of threads with nothing in our arsenol but a shrug of the shoulders and being told we're too moody to get a joke.

I find it very interesting that aside from CD and now myself the only other women who have felt safe to post here are mods.

In fact it seems that there are less and less women in misc everyday. Now why do you think that is?

3. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

Socially-maladjusted testicle-wielding cretins such as myself?

Or was that a rhetorical question? :confused:

4. Hoser

Hoser Hoser Super Moderator

:lol: You too?
    The last one involved a group of sherpas, and that's all I'm allowed to say.

5. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

TerriO's post went far, far beyond the rest of the comments in this thread.

I've gotten to the point now where I don't care how unpopular this makes me anymore. I am tired of the "boys say worse things" excuse.

I don't think any of you are too moody to get a joke but that's all this thread was, from both sides, until TerriO made her far too on-the-nose comment about women not needing men to breed. There are more than a few of us, perhaps not on TrekBBS but in general, who feel that fatherhood is being reduced to a cup of sperm and a monthly cheque and that men's role in the development of all children is being purposefully diminished. Hell, even mothers in my country are complaining that their young children never see a male teacher at primary school.

6. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Oh, no. Here I am, trying to hide until the fire settles down and here someone actually notices I'm posting. :lol:

Yeah, I think people are getting a mite touchy. I posted (as a woman), poking fun of the way that women non communicate (You know what you did!) and make things so dammed hard for men to figure out what we're (as a gender) actually thinking. I figure if I'm going to point out anyone's stupid behavior, I'll just stick with my own gender.

7. blablover5

Don't worry CD, I'll dissapear with you back to the girls tree house where we can braid each others hair and talk about boys we think are cute.

8. blablover5

Hermy there was one side, there is just one side in misc anymore. Anyone who doesn't see that is deluding themselves.

No not all men here think women should just be in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. But come on, it's gotten so bloody hostile here that anyone says anything to try to defend the female gender and it's all out war.

But guys can put women down left and right.

9. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Where's that thread at? Did it get pruned?

I have a boy I need to talk about.

And he's cute! :D

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  10. blablover5

Maybe we need a cute boy thread, or a girls tree house one.

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have two comments to make with my "mod hat on" and two with "mod hat off".

"Hat on" business

1) Nothing posted in this thread is out-and-out warnable yet. I'm sure someone will cross the line soon, though, the way it's going.

2) Mods can't warn other mods due to the board software, but mods can still receive warnings from senior staff. If a situation develops where that's needed, it will be done by them on the advice of forum staff (it just takes longer than a regular warning). So there isn't any unfairness in that regard.

"Hat off" opinion

1) I'm positive this thread was started in a light-hearted, well-intentioned manner, and I feel sorry for Plecostomus having his amusing thread wrecked by people (of both genders) who can't take a simple joke.

2) I can intellectually grasp that the girls don't like the guys repeatedly making jokes at their expense, but all social groups get ribbed in Misc from time to time and I really can't see this being any different. Frankly, short of banning yet another class of discussion from Misc, there isn't any way of fixing this in my opinion. People don't have a right not to feel offended. If we instituted a rule for that, every thread would be locked within a few hours.

The rules of trolling attempt to ascertain if deliberate offence was intended, NOT whether offence was felt by someone. I emphasise that this is "hat off" opinion and not pre-emption of policy.

12. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I'm afraid I can't agree with you on that one. This has happened too many times now. There has been too much of this "boys say worse" business to tolerate any longer, way too much hiding behind the fact that there are more men here than women.

I've seen too many threads like this with people like TerriO, or worse PKTrekGirl, going off on these rants of theirs to believe there's only one side in all this.

There are more than a few women here who think something similar about men - that we should pony up the sperm, hand over the cash and then fuck off. I've seen nothing in this thread that trumps PKTrekGirl's "pot bellied" rants or HighteeHeller's thread about hating men so much she wanted to date women. It's not just women, either, in this very thread suggesting someone holds misandrist views is borderline flaming yet the word mysogynist gets thrown around like a beach ball.

Thank you for making my point for me.

Holdfast - RJ already explained that situation to me, thank you.

13. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

Ok folks next up I'm going to post some obscure religious humor followed by some wry observations about the GOP! That should take some of the heat off of this thread, eh?

14. blablover5

Oh for the love of God, so wait we can't have our own thread either?

We can't be offended by threads that mock us? And we can't do anything about it?

But we can't have our own thread? There are a ton of "I just saw this hot girl, what do I do now?" threads but CD can't have one about her latest crush? Where is the justice there?

I still stand by my statement, look around. There are so few women compared to a year ago, heck even 6 months ago. Where did they all go? Why did they all leave?

I really think people need to start asking that because we don't just all up and leave because we saw something sparkly somewhere else.

15. blablover5

Don't feel bad, it has nothing to do with what you started and everything to deal with the nature of the board now. Women more and more feel like they cannot respond in kind. That is the crux of the problem.

The elephant in the room that everyone is trying to ignore only it keeps getting bigger.

16. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

It's more a case of internet-pileup than anything really. We got people who feel they have to argue each post line by line... the original joke is long since lost in the static.

For those just joining us, the ORIGINAL JOKE is the discovery that all the women in my local environment seem to share some kind of mental two-way communication link, thus ensuring that I make ONE angry ALL of them get angry. Nothing more, nothing less.

17. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

You can have whatever thread you want. The thread you suggested however will go one way. You will reduce the men you are talking about to objects and then complain when guys do it to you. No doubt there will be pictures too. Woman in a bikini ? Bad! Man in a towel ? Good!

18. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Easy question to answer. It's because I haven't been posting as much anymore. I am God's gift to women.

Now where did I put my mirror.....

19. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

Captain Robau called, he objects to your use of the term "God's Gift To Women," a phrase he owns all rights to. Wait here, your beating will arrive shortly in an discretely wrapped package.

20. Electric Coleslaw

Electric Coleslaw Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think my beating will come from someone with shiny toenails.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.