Do you want the Kelvin Universe to continue?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Jean-Luc Picard, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wouldn’t that defeat the whole object of the Kelvin movies?

jackoverfull likes this.
  2. herofhyrule

herofhyrule Commander Red Shirt

I mean, as long the franchise doesn't die completely and permanently, I feel like it's a bit short-sighted to say that Star Trek will never again have a film released in cinemas. I'm sure in the period between Nemesis and Star Trek it seemed like there would never be another film, and in the period between Enterprise and Discovery it looked like there would never be another TV series. Not to mention the period between The Animated Series and The Next Generation when I'm sure there was also uncertainty over whether there would be another TV series, and the periods between The Original Series and The Animated Series and between The Animated Series and The Motion Picture where it probably looked like the franchise was completely dead. My point is, never say never.
    Not necessarily. We could have Kelvin versions of the The Next Generation crew.

jackoverfull likes this.
  3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

I would love to see another Star Trek film, whether it's from the Kelvin timeline, the prime timeline, or some other timeline. But Paramount's track record these days has been the worst it's ever been, Trek movie-wise. For some reason they just can't seem to get their act together about this. At this point I don't foresee a new Trek theatrical film for at least 5 years, and that's being generous.

Smellmet, herofhyrule and saddestmoon like this.
  4. herofhyrule

herofhyrule Commander Red Shirt

Oh yeah, it'll be a while. I'm just saying that I don't think we'll never see a new theatrical film.

5. Richard S. Ta

Richard S. Ta Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well then it wouldn't be a new crew would it?

6. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

By the time Paramount makes a new Kelvin film, the actors would be the age of the original TOS crew by the time of The Wrath of Khan.

saddestmoon and F. King Daniel like this.
  7. SpockOfNine

SpockOfNine Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Which would make for a fun movie, honestly.

Richard S. Ta likes this.
  8. grimorie

grimorie Lieutenant Red Shirt

I really would want another one, I think by the time of Star Trek Beyond, aside from a few niggles they finally got it. Maybe because Simon Pegg is a fan, also I really think between Into the Darkness and Beyond, Chris Pine improved significantly as an actor to the point that his Kirk is now my modern Kirk.