details on Singer's Trek pitch

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Temis the Vorta, Apr 12, 2011.

1. xortex

xortex Commodore Commodore

Don't confuse success with how good something is but you are of course, right, and wrong.

OTOH, TNG was a random, undirected, and unplanned for, pocketing of money.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  2. Geoff Thorne

Geoff Thorne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Careful. You're insulting a lot of people, some of whom I know and none of whom were just pocketing money. It's just too damned hard to make a TV show for that to be true.

Just because YOU don't like something, that doesn't make the thing bad or hollow or whatever it is your mind has concocted. A lot of people worked extremely hard, doing their best at all times, to try, TRY and please folks like you.

You don't have to like it, certainly. No one likes everything. But you have no right to spit on it. None at all.

3. number6

number6 Vice Admiral

A lot of gifted creative people worked on TNG and some continued to work on the shows for many years, many of those hardcore Star Trek fans. It is demeaning to dismiss them the way Xortex does. He has no fucking clue and his posts clearly demonstrate that. I am convinced that many of the TOS purists and Roddenberry apologists are just bitter that they never got the gig and that's why they behave like psycho ex- girlfriends.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

You couldn't pay me enough money to run the Star Trek franchise. I dislike being a human target. :lol:

5. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh, you could pay me enough...if I set a premium on having people like me, I'd be someone else.

6. Tarek71

Tarek71 Commodore Commodore

Not only that but who goes into something like creative writing just to pocket cash? If there are any, they're idiots. Law, finance, banking, medicine, etc. I can understand. If you did want to go into entertainment, get an MBA and go into the suit-end of the business. You're chances of making good money are way, way better. Anything that involves an MFA is exactly the opposite. Those are among the worst areas for making money if that's all you wanted.

7. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Don't worry. It wouldn't be Star Trek.

Star Trek died in 1969, 1979, 1987, 1993, 1994, 1999, 2001, 2005, or 2009 depending on who you ask.

It would be a show like Star Trek...but not Star Trek...as no talent assclowns have murdered the series over half-a-dozen times over the last 40 years. ;)

8. xortex

Where did you find the smiley face. I was looking for it for my post.
    Alao there's a big distinction between cash and alot of cash. Huge, just ask Leonard Nimoy.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  9. Shatnertage

Shatnertage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Huge difference between cash and a lot of cash. Just like the rich are different from you and me. They have more money.

(apologies to F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway)

10. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rick Berman is Mother Brain, supreme commander of the Space Pirates. Obviously.

11. xortex

Yes.

12. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

just came across this thread, wow, nice one, thanx for posting this.