Buffy season 8-- MAJOR SPOILERS-- Twilight reveal

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I should mention that I found it touching and symbolic that Giles left Buffy the Vampyre book. Touching because of course we saw it in the pilot episode and symbolic because it is an acknowledgment from him that she is the one true Slayer.

2. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She is in the sense that she has all the Slayer powers, as do the other girls (they've only lost the 'connection' to each other). But it seems that, instead of slaying, she's currently busy taking care of Angel. She seems to have become a sort of unofficial social worker/amateur psychologist to the other Slayers, which she mentioned as a possibility earlier in the season (maybe I'll become a social worker of sorts). She said it took her a lot of time to 'put some of those girls together' that went through the meat grinder of fighting and/or coping with their new powers.

3. Admiral_Young

^ One of the things I liked most about season eight was Faith's growth as a character. Her time with Giles seems to have done wonders for her.

4. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

if you're a faith fan read the buffy novel go ask malice which is set leading into season 2. Now how long are we going to have to wait for seaspon nine ?
    And when will angel be officaly on dark horse? and did anyone get the tales hardback?:mallory::devil::evil:

5. Admiral_Young

A release date has not been set yet for Buffy Season Nine. There will be a lengthy hiatus. My guess is probably late summer. Angel is also supposed to debut later this year sometime. No dates have been given and I've not got the "Buffy The Vampire Tales" omnibus yet.

6. timothy

you need1 to read it as soon as possible . It has tales of the slayer as well as tales of the vampires 1 & 2 as well as season eight tales of the vampire and it is such
    an awesome read.

7. Admiral_Young

I've read "Tales of the Slayer" many times and enjoyed it quite a bit. I'm kind of low on funds right now for a while so I'll have to keep an eye out for it when my library gets it in.

8. timothy

all I can say is save, save , save it is worth it . I also, just got the chosen collection I am going to watch all 7 season's and then all 5 season's of angel. then I am going to reread season eight and angel after the fall.:devil::evil::mallory:

9. Admiral_Young

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So that interview indicates that blank was not responsible for killing blank, because he said something like "he's just beginning to realize what he just did".

11. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's not directly responsible for killing 'blank', but he's definitely responsible for signing up for Twilight's plan - and even though he believed it was all for a good cause and saving the world, that doesn't erase the fact that he agreed to a plan that involved lying to, manipulating and mentally tormenting Buffy for an entire season to bring her low so she could then 'ascend' (which kinda reminds me of what originally happened with Dru...), beating her up and putting her fellow Slayer in hospital, contributing to the public hate for the Slayers, bombing Slayer headquarters, causing the deaths of 206 Slayers, sacrificing the lives of many innocent humans soldiers in the battle in Tibet... That shows a very disturbing "end justifies the means" mindset, but it's actually perfectly in character for him. As is his ability to scheme, as is his paternalism (Buffy doesn't know what's really good for her, so he should manipulate her 'for her own good') and being duped through his own hubris and belief in forces of destiny and that they would chose him to be their designated hero and savior of the world (and of the 'damsel in distress').

Are we really going to keep calling him 'blank'? If everyone reading this thread didn't already know who it was, this description should make it obvious. :lol:

Even Scott Allie (a big fan of the character) has said that his personality traits made him a perfect candidate to be manipulated by Twilight, and that Spike would never have agreed to such a plan, and neither would Buffy - though Giles might have, if it was presented in the right way (except that, obviously, Giles would not work because he's neither a vampire nor a Slayer, and spacefrakking Buffy would've been out of the question :rommie:).

12. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Just as a point of interest, it's cool that now its 100% canon that Faith's surname is Lehane (which had been used in a couple of non-canon novels before, but it was never referenced in the show or the comic before)

13. timothy

I love the books just as the comics. why are'nt they considered cannon ?
    watching seasone one right now.:devil::evil::mallory::devil:

14. Admiral_Young

They're not considered canon because Joss doesn't consider them canon which would be my guess.

15. timothy

well that sucks. cause I love the booka though I wish more of them were avaiable on the nook. right now I have tales of the slayer vol. 1 have vol.2 on my nook bad thing is vol.3 & 4 are not on it.:rofl::guffaw::mallory::devil::evil:

16. Admiral_Young

You know what I've been thinking would be really cool? Probably won't happen, but there should have been Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight action figures!! Buffy, Dawn (Dawn in Centaur), Xander, Twilight (with removable Mask head), Faith (with Scythe), Giles (with Vampyre book), The General, Dark Willow variant, Willow and Alyuwn. Would have a Melaka Fray and Harth two pack etc. I'd pick these up in a second.

17. timothy

there is a collectable magazine that puts mini statues in them so far there have been 5 buffy mag's .

1) buffy
    2) angel
    3) faith
    4) the master
    5) giles

now for season eight figures how about a new master with the seed.
    a oz figure with his kid and wife.
    as for dawn I want to see mecha dawn .
    and the asian slayer with buffy
    harmony with yorkies .

currently reading games of throne and stephen kings dark tower # 1 gunslinger :drool::drool::drool:
    currently watching supernatural season 4 and smallville season 4 :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    I am admitadley a BOOKAHOLIC I do to books a week plus comics and graphic :beer::barf::beer::barf:

18. Admiral_Young

Satsu and Buffy two pack :) Spike too and Angel.

19. timothy

spike would have to be a special figure with ship and insects .

20. Admiral_Young

These need to be made now.