Bad Transcript: Star Trek 2009 (satire)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Alex1939, May 25, 2009.

1. Tracer Bullet

Tracer Bullet Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Re: The best "hater" review.

This is funny, but ridiculous.

2. JewelsNeeJulian

JewelsNeeJulian Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Bad Transcript: Star Trek 2009

Came across this while wandering the web. It's damned funny, but scathing as well. For the record I like the new film, but I still think this is funny

http://bbot.org/badtranscript-startrek.html

3. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Re: Bad Transcript: Star Trek 2009

Merging this with the other thread...

4. mredom

mredom Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

they are wrong.

That is all.

5. pah2602

pah2602 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Having reflected greatly after a second viewing and reading an awful lot of threads on here I couldn't agree with you more. I loved the movie and I'm just so thrilled at seeing trek on-screen again. stupid story lines and plot holes make me groan in pain, but I reckon I overlooked most of it on my first viewing because I wasn't allowed the time to think. TBH if you over-analyse any movie you can find all sorts of things wrong with it.

The parody is funny because it's a true reflection of the holes exposed. A tighter story would have had less fun poked at it.

Try and write a parody of TWOK or TUC, much harder i'd say.

6. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

The worst star trek film is definately 5. I think this one was great and they took some bold steps in the story which was refreshing. I love reading parody scripts and yours made me lugh. I've started writing them myself heres my one of [COLOR=#006bc4]Star Trek[/COLOR]

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

^ I do not think that link goes where you think it goes.

8. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Reading that makes me think of an MTV or VHS 'special' on BATTLEFIELD EARTH, where other cast and crew present keep on telling Barry Pepper what a 'good actor' he is. Kinda reminded us of the way you praise a puppy after it goes oui-oui on the pads.

So THIS Kirk is supposed to be really smart, huh? I guess brain capacity changes when your dad dies early too ... the other guy didn't strike me as being brilliant, but dedicated and shrewd ... and even in the TMP novelization Kirk mentions that he was in the first batch of Captains or graduates that were selected for being less mentally agile or words to that effect (according to GR, captains who are too smart get seduced by more powerful aliens, instead of seducing THEM, apparently.)

9. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

Best part -
    ERIC BANA
    Resistance is futile. Ha ha, I've always wanted to say that. :borg:

10. G2309

G2309 Captain Captain

11. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know about a parody, but someone on IMDB Star Trek 09 boards a couple of months ago wrote a brilliant parody thread called something like "It's a travesty, a slap into the face of all real fans..." - from the title you'd think it was another one of self-proclaimed 'real Trekkies' slamming the new movie; in fact, when you start reading, you realize it's the movie being 'slammed' is The Wrath of Khan, even though the title of the movie is never mentioned. In a tone of a very pissed-off Trek "purist", author lists all the plot holes, continuity errors, coincidences and so on, sarcastically comments "and then there's another EXPLOSION", criticizes "soapy" plot of Kirk having a son, and interjects a lot of lines to the effect of 'this empty action movie full of EXPLOSIONS and plot holes is a slap in the face of every real fan'. In a word, it was a brilliantly written parody of all the posts slamming the new movie in the same way. I really regret not having copy pasted and saved it somewhere, who knows if the thread is even still there.