Another small, old ship...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by judexavier, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Mr. Mugato

Mr. Mugato Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

What about a Fan Art "Hall of Fame" stickie post. When the members decide something is worthy of enshrinement a sample is added to the thread along with a link to the original thread it came from? One stop shopping for all your needs.
    :p

2. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

That could work. We'd have to come up with a criteria of some sort. Maybe vote based? Someone asks a Mod about adding JimBobs 24th century blender to the hall of fame, he puts a Yes/No poll on the thread in question and leaves it up for say.. a week?

3. Mr. Mugato

Exactly!

You could constrain the posts in the "hall of fame" thread to 1 picture and a link to the original thread so it doesn't get to unwieldy.

4. Kaziarl

Sounds good. Hey Mods! Ptrope! (he's the art thread mod, right?) Come look over our proposal!

edit: Oh yeah, and Jud's and MadMan's work in here should be the first one the Hall of Fame

5. Mr. Mugato

I also not-so-humbly suggest Vektors' Vanguard and Grandeur as first ballot hall-of-famers!

6. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hrm. I think the art forum could do with *less* stickies.

7. Kaziarl

Needs moar cowbell!

but seriously, I think it'd be nice to have atleast one for contest winners. You guys do some awesome work B.J., but they often get buried once the contest is over.

8. aridas sofia

aridas sofia Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whoa... I've certainly missed a lot of creatin' these last few months. You two have done a great job. You've captured that "1950s, sci-fi" look very well. It looks like a ship from after the construction of the TOS ship, but before TOS... say, the 2250s? That would be fitting, wouldn't it?

I'd love to see this in an image with one of my more retrofuturist designs that share that Sabre jet finish, like Kiaga. That would be one badass task force.

Now, go create that wild Klingon ship for them to kick around!

9. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

I'm glad you like it. :) It was certainly a departure from my usual work... It's the smallest ship I ever built.

I hope Judexavier come up with something new for me to build, soon. :)

10. Kaziarl

Well, you did say you were thinking about modeling your STO ship. I'd certainly love to see that.

And *nudge* maybe if your interested *wink* you could do mine? *hint*

11. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Yeah, I think that project kind of morphed in to the ship I'm building now. :)

Send me some screenshots... I can put it in the to do folder, for sure. :)

12. BooThePun

BooThePun Ensign Red Shirt

:eek:

What a beautiful ship. Kind of makes me wish I had the money (or ambition) to do a fan series--it would be the perfect location.

13. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Um, ok, how does this relate to this thread?

15. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

I just haven't seen Atolm in awhile. I wonder if he could merge the two concepts--they have a similar feel to the hulls I think.

16. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He possibly could his art is like GoldPressed Latium pressed in shiny plantium pressed in Shiny chrome Jewel incrusted bars IMHO :) :techman:

17. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Cadet Newbie

How about a paper model?

To MadMan1701A and judexavier,

Thanks for the fantastic model and images.

My main hobby is paper modelling, and a few months back some members on one of the forums I frequent got going on retro-trek models. One of them posted a copy of the Klingon ship from this thread (http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg178/judexavier/KlingonRaygunRocket0275p.jpg) but had long since forgotten where he originally found it.

I'm delighted that I've finally tracked down the source, AND discovered another fabulous retro-trek ship.

I would love to develop paper model kits of both of these ships. The fellow that posted the picture on that other forum had made a hand-drawn paper model of it, and I've already started working on a 3D model, for the purposes of making a better quality paper model kit.

First of all I'd like to make sure it's okay with you guys if I do that.

Second, judexavier - did you do any further development of the Klingon ship concept? I'd love to get more pictures if you have. I actually love the design just the way it is, I'd just play around a bit with colors and textures. The extra images would help me develop a better 3D model though.

Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Steve