A look back at Season 1

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by donners22, Jan 14, 2008.

1. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Maybe the Trabe got them to do the dirty engineering work on their ships, and that know-how got passed down the generations? If Kes could spout technobabble after a few episodes having spent her life underground with no need to operate technology, I'm sure the Kazon could learn.

And yeah, I did think they were well-used eventually. It's an interesting concept, with Voyager travelling through what is essentially gang territory. To survive, allying with one of the warring gangs is a reasonable option, though can they do it without altering the balance of power or attracting even more attention?

There's something about the backstabbing and machinations of the Kazon that I liked. You never knew who could be trusted and who was using who. Kinda reminded me of an old workplace.

2. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

I'm now watching "Parralax" from Season 1 on Spike TV right now and I loved it when both Janeway and Torres said "Warp Particles!" But one thing that I didn't like: Janeway being so stiff. Maybe it was her tight bun or a panty girdle, but whatever it was she was really stiff in Season 1. I did like the fact that Chakotay seemed more angry and agressive in this season than any other season. I kinda wished the Maquis/Federation conflicts would have continued. It would have made the show more interesting. But I loved Voyager as a whole. And I loved the Kazons and the Vidians as an enemy(even though the Kazons had really weird hair!) LOL!

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

You have to remember that the producers thought Roxann and Mulgrew's natural voices were too squeaky. These two women were learning to act with completely new sounds coming out of their mouths in season one. That's got to be a stern pickle to master.

4. Ezri

Ezri Captain Captain

SQUEAKY ... squeaky :guffaw:

5. steveman

steveman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Random observation... I was watching "Time and Again" today on Spike TV (overall, an entertaining episode with a unique spin on time travel) and noticed that David Kemper, someone would go on to play an integral role working on Farscape, was involved in the writing of this episode. I always find it kind of fun to see the talent that has cycled through the franchise; seems like anybody who goes on to be a player in sci-fi, particularly on television, has been involved in Trek at one point or another.