2024 book releases

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by mastadge, Jun 11, 2023.

1. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

$29 (US) is a steep price for fiction, especially considering the economy. Luckily, the Kindle price is only $16 (US).

2. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm excited about the news about 2 more Star Trek coming out but the synopsis for Una's book sounds like the one from J.J Millers book that came out last year.

3. David Mack

David Mack Writer Rear Admiral

Reanok likes this.
  4. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

The Amazon and Twitter descriptions are not the same.

5. Victoria

Victoria Commander Red Shirt

According to my local library, science fiction and graphic novels are among the most commonly stolen items. The reason they have gone over to having these items as ebooks is that they last longer that way!

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My library had the same problem of popular books being stolen when I worked there they had to reorder copies of popular titles it was a real expense to keep replacing or repairing them. They'd come back a real mess trying to clean them up. They had pages ripped out of the books bubblegum in them or someone had spilled food and drinks on the books and they were totally ruined. It would take a lot of time to get extra copies back on the shelves so other people could the read books that were on a waiting list .Romance novels are stolen at the library besides science fiction and Fantasy novels too.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2024
  7. tgiokdi

tgiokdi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Out today!

Star Trek Explorer Presents: “The Mission” and Other Stories
    [​IMG]
    Cover by: Louie De Martinis
    MSRP: $19.99 USD
    Diamond Code: MAY231188

Written by Chris Dows and Gary Russell and Greg Cox and James Swallow and John Peel and michael caroll and Una McCormack.

A THRILLING ANTHOLOGY OF SHORT STORIES FROM STAR TREK EXPLORER MAGAZINE, COLLECTED FOR THE FIRST TIME!

Featuring tales by Una McCormack, Gary Russell, Michael Carroll, John Peel, Chris Dows, Chris Cooper, and Greg Cox.

This incredible collection features illustrated stories starring iconic characters such as Will Riker, Benjamin Sisko, Jonathan Archer, and Kate Pulaski, plus fan-favourite alien enemies including the Borg.

Images are hosted on www.startrekbookclub.com a site I operate myself and hotlinking is permitted.

8. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

That's the older cover copy before the TOC was finalized. My DS9 story "You Can't Buy Fate" is in the book also.

ialfan, Therin of Andor and tgiokdi like this.
  9. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Yes, Amazon promo says, "Based on the hit audio original, fans can now read this riveting script with fan-favorite characters." Paperback.

tgiokdi and ryan123450 like this.
  10. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Corran Horn, Reanok and Ronald Held like this.
  11. James Swallow

James Swallow Writer Captain

Hmm. The blurb there describes this as a "Best Of" edition and the "Favorites from the Star Trek Archive" tab on the cover makes me wonder if that means it's reusing art from previous calendars...

12. David cgc

David cgc Admiral Premium Member

A lot of the description seems off. I did double back and see the last couple years also describe a nonexistent “bonus spread” covering the last third of the prior year (there’s the center image, but that’s never had any dates on it), and a “generous grid” for writing in stuff, which has been a feature of exactly one SotL calendar.

I know they have… carry the one… 286 horizontal images, and another 35 square, and I’m sure there are plenty of people who aren’t me and don’t have a comprehensive archive of calendars stacked in a closet (and both book collections), so it must be tempting to cheap out and not commission 14 new images, but I really hope they don’t.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2024
  13. farragut79

farragut79 Ensign Red Shirt

It looks that way. At least they are not re-using the Enterprise vs 60s Air Force again. They do have the Enterprise vs USAF Thunderbirds.

14. Ronald Held

Endless broken record poster wonder if new novels will be announced soon...

Scout101 likes this.
  15. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We likely now have the full release schedule for the year - after the ups and downs of negotiations and contracts, getting the four traditional novels and Insider collection is a pretty full schedule for the year.

The Wormhole likes this.
  16. Avro Arrow

Avro Arrow Okie dokie! Moderator

Sorry, maybe I missed an announcement, but what's an Insider collection?

Reanok and Ronald Held like this.
  17. DGCatAniSiri

DGCatAniSiri Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My mistake - I meant the Explorer short story collection. Got it mixed up with one of the others that released.

Avro Arrow likes this.
  18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Agreed. Given we tend to get a minimum of two months between releases now and the last novel to be announced is scheduled November 2024, the earlies another novel would be released is January 2025. Though it'll most likely be February 2025 given February seems to be when the first Trek novel of the years is released based on the past few years.

19. bdub76

bdub76 Captain Captain

I use eReaderIQ to look for discounts by authors. I use my library service for loans. But it’s only for two weeks, and the waits are long. I won’t borrow a book longer than 500 pages for that time frame. Finally, I have a used book store about 10 minutes from my work. So there are options.

The good news is that a lot of Trek books go on sale. The bad news is if you’re reading a series you might have to wait a year or two to get all of the books on sale.

I’m hoping to snag the short story collection when it’s on sale. I’d hope a Kindle version would be available as the print was tiny on the previous volume.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
    Kertrats47 and BillJ like this.
  20. Ronald Held

So few novels a year that I do not want to wait for a sale.