2023/2024 comic releases

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Laura Cynthia Chambers, Aug 8, 2023.

1. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

what the fuck (Star Trek issue 18)
    Shinzon? How? What? Why?

2. Extrocomp

Extrocomp Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The issue takes place before Nemesis.

3. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh right

4. tgiokdi

tgiokdi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek: Defiant #13
    [​IMG]
    Cover A by: Angel Unzueta
    MSRP: $4.99
    UPC: $82771403137901311
    Diamond Code: JAN241241
    [​IMG]
    Cover B by: Elizabeth Beals
    MSRP: $4.99 USD
    UPC: $82771403137901321
    Diamond Code: JAN241242
    [​IMG]
    Cover C by: Rachael Stott
    MSRP: $No MSRP
    UPC: $82771403137901331
    Diamond Code: JAN241243

Written by Christopher Cantwell.

Starbase 99 has been compromised. Worf and the Defiant crew are quarantined within, desperately trying to evade the infected as their parasitic counterparts flood the floors of the base. To make matters worse, one of the crew’s bounties is dead, another missing. Can the crew survive this raging parasitic invasion on the desolate starbase?

Images are hosted on www.startrekbookclub.com a site I operate myself and hotlinking is permitted.

Reanok likes this.
  5. tgiokdi

Out today as well:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture: Echoes TPB
    [​IMG]
    Standard Cover by: Oleg Chudakov
    MSRP: $19.99 USD
    Diamond Code: JAN241263

Written by Marc Guggenheim.

Join Captain Kirk and the crew of the U.S.S. Enterprise in this never-before-seen adventure spinning out of the Original Series!

When a space anomaly thrusts a bounty hunter and her target—a criminal mastermind—into their universe, it’s up to Kirk and his crew to stop them from unintentionally starting a war with the Romulans and unleashing a superweapon of foreign tech onto the system. But the strangers from another universe are more familiar than they assume…for underneath their helmets are their doppelgängers—from an alternate reality!

From critically acclaimed screenwriter, producer, and comics writer Marc Guggenheim (Arrow; DC’s Legends of Tomorrow; Star Wars: Han Solo and Chewbacca) and artist Oleg Chudakov comes this brand new mini-series!

Images are hosted on www.startrekbookclub.com a site I operate myself and hotlinking is permitted.

Reanok likes this.
  6. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone read all of Echoes? How was it?

tgiokdi likes this.
  7. tgiokdi

I read it all and enjoyed it, but the time period it was set in wasn't necessary for the story they told, which imho it could have been set in any TOS era.

Interstella5555 likes this.
  8. Elwro

Elwro Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm itching for more SNW stuff. I know about the upcoming novel, but has anyone heard about any new comics? (I read the Illyrian Enigma and the Scorpius Run.)

9. DarrenTR1970

DarrenTR1970 Commodore Commodore

Same. I checked it out from my local library and, while it had some nice character moments and there were a few instances where the author captured their voices perfectly, I thought "There's no real reason this has to be set post-TMP, it could be set during the last half of the FYM."

tgiokdi likes this.
  10. tgiokdi

Out today!

Star Trek #19
    [​IMG]
    Cover A by: Megan Levens
    UPC: $82771403084601911
    Diamond Code: FEB241051
    [​IMG]
    Cover B by: Ramon Rosanas
    UPC: $82771403084601921
    Diamond Code: FEB241052
    [​IMG]
    Cover C by: J.J. Lendl
    UPC: $82771403084601931
    Diamond Code: FEB241053

Written by Collin Kelly and Jackson Lanzing.

Acclaimed writers Jackson Lanzing and Collin Kelly along with Star Trek: Strange New Worlds comics artist Megan Levens (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Starsigns) welcome you to the thrilling brand-new chapter of the Eisner-nominated Star Trek flagship series!Benjamin Sisko has begun imagining an end to his journey and is looking forward to establishing a normal, human life. But unfortunately for Captain Sisko, his next test has been a member of his crew this whole time…
    T’Lir, the crew’s former science officer, has returned to the U.S.S. Theseus bridge with a shocking revelation and a plea. Kahless’ attempted war with the gods has altered the very fabric of spacetime, threatening the destruction of several godlike species. Already, anomalies are beginning to form across the galaxy. Their only hope: the Emissary of the Prophets, Benjamin Sisko, and his valiant crew of Starfleet’s finest.

11. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They're doing a Pride month one-shot that will include a Christine Chapel story.

https://trekmovie.com/2024/04/19/ex...brations-idws-one-shot-comic-for-pride-month/
    (though they don't have any preview images from the Chapel story here, just some of the other stories that will be in the issue)

TheAlmanac and Elwro like this.
  12. Sakonna

Sakonna Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I did. I thought it was one of the weaker outings in the last few years of Trek comics - but, since I think we're in the golden age of Trek comics, being one of the weaker outings in this crop is still pretty good. There was much to enjoy about it, but it did have that sense that it was building towards something more that it didn't quite reach. But I enjoyed there being lots of material for Uhura and Chekov, I loved more visual storytelling in the TMP era, there were some fun tie-ins to larger Trek lore, and it held my interest. I had quibbles and thought it could have delivered something bigger at the end, but I was ultimately satisfied with it and glad I read it.

tgiokdi likes this.
  13. tgiokdi

Star Trek: Defiant #14
    [​IMG]
    Cover A by: Angel Unzueta
    UPC: $82771403137901411
    Diamond Code: FEB241054
    [​IMG]
    Cover B by: J.K. Woodward
    UPC: $82771403137901421
    Diamond Code: FEB241055
    [​IMG]
    Cover C by: Justin Mason
    UPC: $82771403137901431
    Diamond Code: FEB241056

Written by Christopher Cantwell.

Resistance is futile! Cornered by their own parasitically possessed crewmate, Worf and the Defiant crew scramble for a way to safely save her before it’s too late. But the hive is eager to grow its numbers, seeking total dominance over a galactic level of organic species after already claiming Starbase 99’s crew as hosts. Trapped and unable to call Starfleet for assistance, Hugh suggests taking drastic measures-assimilate B’Elanna to Borg tech!

14. tgiokdi

Star Trek: Sons of Star Trek #2
    [​IMG]
    Cover A by: Jake Bartok
    UPC: $82771403265900211
    Diamond Code: FEB241057
    [​IMG]
    Cover B by: Megan Levens
    UPC: $82771403265900221
    Diamond Code: FEB241058
    [​IMG]
    Cover C by: Andy Price
    UPC: $82771403265900231
    Diamond Code: FEB241059

Written by Morgan Hampton.

Jake, Nog, and Alexander find themselves stuck in a never-ending loop of being blown to smithereens aboard the U.S.S. Avery and then revived by Q Jr.-who insists he’s helping them learn some lesson unbeknownst to them. Amid the attack from the Breen, the Avery crew and their strong-willed, bureaucratic captain, Skrain Dukat, refuse to listen to the trio’s musings about an alternate universe. Left with no other choice, they are forced to begrudgingly work together and attempt to step into their Starfleet roles in hopes of helping the Federation ship survive the attack and return home…or be stuck in this alternate reality forever!

Avro Arrow likes this.
  15. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've gotten behind on my Trek comics, but some of the ones I've read:

Defiant Annual: While I thought including Sela in the series was a bit much, I did enjoy this annual focusing on her quite a bit, and now I like her more being part of the series. I had some quibbles, but it was cool seeing the issue explore some of the pre-TNG history.
    Defiant #13 & #14: I haven't read every issue of this series, but it has also grown on me from its shaky beginnings. I still think that at times Worf feels out of character, but I am enjoying this arc.
    I think the parasites are not the same ones from "Conspiracy" and if that's the case, I'm glad they are doing something different.
    Sons of Star Trek #1 & #2: I had my doubts about this premise, but I've really enjoyed the first two issues. I'm looking forward to seeing where the story goes.
    Echoes: I read this story a while ago, but don't remember if I wrote anything about it. I loved The Motion Picture setting, a look at Motion Picture-era Romulans, and the focus on Uhura particularly,
    though I would've liked to see more done with the alternate reality to differentiate alternate Uhura and Chekov from the prime ones.

Therin of Andor and tgiokdi like this.