2012 trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Nth Doctor, Jun 19, 2009.

1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

No, no...ELECTRICAL SUPERSTORMS was connected to The Core. Years back when it was being promoted, there was a horrible, HORRIBLE banner ad at this site that played a mini-trailer that began by screaming "ELECRICAL SUPERSTORMS." Everyone here hated it.

2. xman

xman Commander Red Shirt

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

3. Prometheus

Prometheus Lieutenant Red Shirt

maybe I'll see it at the theatre.....but most likely I'll watch it on dvd

4. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen an Emmerich film since The Patriot, and, really, the only ones he's made that I've cared for were Stargate and Independence Day. This looks to be no different than The Day After Tomorrow, and five minutes of that on TV was enough for me.

Still, glad Cusack can get the paycheck and go on to make better, smaller films.

5. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

But will we see Conan O'Brien lose his freakishly long legs? :bolian:

6. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    ^Ditto! The visuals are striking, that's for sure. The "ship" angle is interesting. My guess is they're doing a play on Noah's Ark with that giraffe being airlifted in. A lot of $$$ went into this one, that's for sure.

7. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

You know the people who make the trailers and the people who make the actual movie are seldom the same, right? It's not like the person who wrote the script wrote the tag lines in the advertisements. Highly unlikely anyway. I mean, I'm not saying this movie is going to be scientifically plausible, but I wouldn't judge it based on something from a trailer.

8. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

10. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

11. NIUPonyBoy

NIUPonyBoy Captain Captain

That looks like crap. :lol:

12. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lots of mass destruction and Amanda Peet.:drool::drool::drool: I'm so there.

13. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

True enough, but it doesn't bode well. Speaking of bad science, I just read an interview excerpt at Yahoo where Emmerich blames the latest disaster on, as many had expected, polar shift, and cities the work of Charles Hapgood, someone who denied the existence of plate tectonics and who has been rather thoroughly debunked since he first published. Remains to be seen whether the film will take those problems into account with workarounds or just present it as-is will all the intrinsic errors.

I guess this means the winnebago in the trailer is being attacked by volcanic bombs or other pyroclastic debris, and not a meteor shower. Bit of a bummer; I was hoping they would go for the hidden planet story.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

14. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Zombies, too.

PLAN 2012 FROM OUTER SPACE

Starring Nicholas Cage, Dennis Quaid, John Voight, Tea Leoni, Robert Duvall, Steve Buscemi, Ben Affleck, Vivica A. Fox, Bill Pullman, Anne Heche, Fergie, Ving Rhames and Dakota Fanning.

15. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Evil aliens team up with giant robots and come to conquer Earth in moon-sized mothership which has shape-shifting giant city destroyers. Shit gets real, cities are getting blowed up in an hour-long sequence, but the heat rays with which aliens are destroying the cities have an unexpected effect on humans - they are ressurected as zombies and attack everyone indiscrimanetly. Aliens and robots land on Earth to finish off the remaining human population but they are faced hordes of hungry fast running and high jumping zombies. This goes together with every possible natural disaster caused by the proximity of a giant mothership. Then everyone fights everyone for another 2 hours of explosions, destruction and gore and then Earth just explodes, taking the entire Milky Way galaxy with her.

The end.

16. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm, I'd actually go see that. The last couple of zombie movies I've watched have kinda sucked.

(Still have high hopes that World War Z will work out.)

17. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

I'm waiting for "quiet Lisa, here come the Ninjas".

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

An asteroid has collided with the moon! Causing the oceans to rise and flood the entire planet! In addition to all the earthquakes, erupting volcanoes and super twisters! And now the moon is on a collision course with the earth! And my family is trapped in an explosion factory! Which also happens to be the gateway to hell! And zombies are rising! But luckily for me I'm at a guns and explosives factory at the start of the movie! Which is right across the street from a European sports car dealership!

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I was just watching a show on polar shift, at least the last 20 minutes. It was a horrible program. They spent 19 minutes talking about how we should be prepared because it's going to happen "soon", and it will kill us all! Then says there is nothing we can do, and humanity is doomed, and then go "It's happened thousands of times and never lead to a mass extinction".

So we should be ready for something we can't stop and that won't kill life on the planet? Umm... Ok.... Must be made by the same fools who did the terrible "global warming" special.

20. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

There should also be an opportunity for one of the family members (preferably the most precocious and annoying one) to show off their inexplicably just-remembered BMX skills to save them from an immediate peril such as a deadly computer-generated backdraft, an obligatory riptide, or a ticking time bomb that stops at 007 seconds.

And of course there should be an evil toothsome sea creature who has a heart of gold really and will return in the final reel to save the day and/or the world possibly at risk of its own life. Played by Peter Stormare.

Damn, this thing writes itself! :bolian: