A Dimension Jumping Armus

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Dingo, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

I'm currently working on a fanfic right now and am tentatively planning a dimension jumping Armus to be the bad guy in my story. I know he never had that ability in the series, but in this crossover I've written Armus gains the ability when an alien entity that thrives on the darkness in sentients' hearts tries to absorb his heart it finds no heart so to speak of and winds up absorbed by Armus.

The hyperlink that I put in here has a link to my fanfiction thread. It centers on an away team from Voyager that winds up travelling through different dimensions pursued by the dimension jumping Armus as a villain. Armus now has gained the ability to go between dimensions, but his ability to refine and control what dimension he winds up in is only a modicum, at least initially.

I know Voyager never encountered Armus, but somehow I'm intrigued by this one-time use villain who's only purpose seemed to be ensuring Denise Crosby could gracefully exit TNG as a regular (a shame).

Armus' rage was said to be unfocused by Counselor Troi, but I get the feeling that it became very focused on the Federation. And when he notices a certain Delta Flyer and a Starfleet emblem, I can see him seeking vengeance...

I'm curious how a dimension jumping Armus sounds as a villain. I mean twelve years of hate (2364-2376) can definitely focus a being.

2. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Since this deals primarily with your fanfic, I'm going to move it to our shiny fanfic forum. :)

3. CeJay

CeJay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you had not mentioned that he killed Yar I wouldn't even have known who you were talking about.

That doesn't mean I don't think Armus wouldn't make a good villain. On the contrary, I think it's a terrific idea. One great thing about fanfic is to use something never really developed and give it more depth.

Also, I wouldn't be concerned about creating original characters. That's what we do around here all the time. In fact you will find that a great number of fanfic's posted here focus entirely on original characters.

I think you fanfic sounds very interesting so far.

4. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Thanks CeJay. I appreciate the inputs my friend.

One great thing about O/Cs and to a lesser extent characters that only featured in a couple episodes is that there's plenty of room to make things up. But as a fanfiction writer it is also my responsibility to make it sound plausible, to avoid making Mary Sues and Gary Stus that everyone detests.

I've forgotten how much fun Star Trek fanfiction can be. I used to write stories for it when I was a teenager but never posted any and had shown them only to a couple fellow Trekkies.

Funny how the whole phenomenon of fanfiction started with the Star Trek franchises, eh?

5. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Not funny-fate. We will have our Star Trek and if Paramorons wouldn't deliver then we had no choice but to build it ourselves.:klingon:

6. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

Or if the creative impulse strike us, we create our own universes and quite a few of them are intriguing.

I thought they could have done a cameo with Armus or something, he was just that interesting of a villain. Oh well, at least theirs fanfiction for that.

7. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

I could see the Romulans try to seize Armus and things don't quite turn out as they intended, screaming for help & the Federation sends in help to contain the "Rogue" Romulan vessel, with orders to destroy it if they can't.

8. CeJay

CeJay Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't believe that's quite the direction Dingo wants to go.

Armus, not the Romulans is supposed to be the villain here. That's what makes this intriguing, Armus is not a villain we've see much.

9. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

That is correct, Armus is going to be accidentally encountered by the Delta Flyer and the away team when the latter is sucked into a spatial rift by a gravity surge and he will be pursuing them throughout four other dimensions in my upcoming fic Star Trek: Voyager - Dark Realm.

10. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

Cool stuff. Can't wait to read it.

11. Dingo

Dingo Captain Captain

The story's already posted, just Armus hasn't appeared yet.