TMP's goosebumps...2010

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by RobertScorpio, Feb 22, 2010.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Wow...I sooooo remember that!!!

Rob

2. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So a bit more detail - and not sure it belongs in this thread. Much of what i've put together is from several sources and apologize in advance if there are inaccuracies...this is my best understanding.

Several Planet Hollywood's show a USS Enterprise. If you look at one, and there's one in the NYC PH, they're not familiar. It is said that that this is a copy of the Phase II model, and these were made by Brick Price,

Whether or not made by Mr. Price, the one I obtained was found unclaimed from a storage facility. There are a few "original" pics below. The model is about 6 feet long and was designed to hang from strings from above (unlike a filming model). I wanted a ship to fit in the drydock, and had it modified to resemble the TMP-E. Ed Miarecki fixed the drydock but did NOT do the ship modification, that was another shop (who helped me find and check out the model).

I can't comment on the differences between the Probert-era Phase II pictures, what they might have done later as they got more final, etc. and this model.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

these are some awesome pictures...makes ones jaw drop, doesn't it??

Rob

4. Ward Fowler

Ward Fowler Commodore Commodore

Wow. They certainly do.

5. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Im this close to offering my out of control 16 year old daughter as payment for it...

Rob

6. Search4

Search4 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So... since my guesses involve a lot of supposition... is it an accurate Phase II copy?

7. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Aren't there any current-day kid's titles that your son can read?

8. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Yep..he is an avid reader of BATMAN/BRAVE AND THE BOLD comic book, which is inspired by the present day cartoon series. He doesn't care much for today's comic books with all the idiotic zombie stuff going on, I don't either.

Rob

9. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Seeing that model with a smoother finish makes it look more like a genuine refit of the TOS E than the final version we got it in TMP.

10. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

If I recall, that was only Marvel Comics with their Marvel Zombies miniseries/trading card set; that's not all of them. There a are a few good series, like the current Superman/Supergirl storylines about Krypton and Earth, and the current Captain America story line about a Tea Party group and it's use of the second Captain America in its nefarious plans (I'm buying the comics and not the graphic novels, because I want the scenes where the Tea Baggers are shown making fools of themselves in a New York protest-they will be edited out of the graphic novel versions, and I want to see the good Captain kick the butt of contemporary evil.)

I'm also reading Buck Rogers and Logan's Run: Lastday, but the latter one is not really for kids, though the former is. There's also the new Green Hornet series, with the current Green Hornet and Kato (who is a sexy female this time around!) and I may be even buying Spider-Man because it seems that Peter and MJ will be getting back together. So all in all, not a bad time for new comics as you might think; you've just got to look around.