Rare Star Trek Photos for September 2008

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Frontier, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Just put up the first installment of "Ultimately Human" -- a much better name than 'Casual Crew' if I do say so myself!

Check it out: http://trekcore.com/specials/thumbnails.php?album=27

Yes, I know, a little lady-centric, but the simple fact is there are about 10 times as many pictures of the various ladies of Star Trek than their are of the gents. I'm trying to locate materials, but finding both good quality and good resolution is a massive problem. I can find many great SMALL photos of the male actors of Trek, but barely a thing more than 300 pixels. :( Any help would be appreciated on that front.

Expect Jeri Ryan and Jolene Blalock to appear often. I've literally got so many high-res, high-quality photos of them I could do a WEEKLY special on each one individually! :o

Also, on the Rare Photos front, I've come to one definitive realization: Jonathan Frakes is an absolute CAMERA WHORE! I swear, I have more photos featuring Jonathan Frakes than any other individual in all of Star Trek. You would think Shatner or Nimoy would be dominant, or even Stewart, but no... time and again, Frakes, Frakes, Frakes! It's like "Where's Waldo?" in a way - he's in every damned picture it seems like! LOL

2. Red Ranger

Red Ranger Admiral In Memoriam

New York City, the greatest city in the world!
    Peeps:

I noticed that a couple of the pics, like the DSN cast pic and the ENT partial cast pic, look like Polaroid shots. They don't appear to have been shot by a professional photographer. Other than that, the other pics are cool, esp. the Borg drones shot. Thanks, Frontier!

Red Ranger

3. Frontier

I'm slightly confused why it would matter if it's professional or not. Heh. It's about rarity, after all. Not professional or amateur. ;) Some of the best of this rare stuff is amateur.

4. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

Fantastic! I especially love the publicity shots of Jeffrey Hunter and DeForest Kelley - I've seen very few shots of De Kelley looking that young, and it's always a treat.

And there would be NOTHING wrong with that. :drool: :drool: :drool:

The funny thing about that is that I remember the first convention at which I ever saw Frakes - it was between the first two seasons of TNG, and we were told quite explicitly that he didn't like to be photographed offstage!

5. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really like this feature! I've got a couple pictures from TNG; if you want I can ask the person I got them from if it's okay if I send them to you.

6. Frontier

Indeed, always looking for new stuff!

You can e-mail me at frontier@trekcore.com. :)

7. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

We have a supply of stock photos at work that we use for ads, presentations and such. Comstock, Shutterstock, Getty and the like. Among them is a couple of dozen full-figure shots of business people standing against white backgrounds, that can be cut out and placed against whatever background we need them in.

I slipped that B'lanna picture in with them. Let's see if the other illustrators ever notice.

:)

9. Frontier

Hah, there's one of Neelix coming up that you should put in there as well. :lol:

10. Frontier

Just a quick blip to let you all know some good news -- I'm 12 pictures shy of having a confirmed 6 months worth of Rare Photos for you all. And I'm fairly sure I can come up with 12 more photos. Heh.