1/2500 NU-ENTERPRISE!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by miraclefan, Jun 16, 2009.

1. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Guartho

Guartho Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like it's just the right size for people to pretend it's 1:1000 if they want to too.

I'm looking forward to all the interesting kit bashes from this kit and the 1:1000 refit and original.

4. Horizon

Horizon Commander Red Shirt

I like how the box features lens flares!

5. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going to have to buy this, aren't I? :(

6. Mr. Cellophane

Mr. Cellophane Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I want it.

7. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

And they've pushed back the 1/350 TOS E for another year thanks the that piece of shit.

At this rate, I'll be dead before they come out with it.

8. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Premium Member

Hmm, I'm going to buy at least 3. :)

It's too bad I can't laser scan it and import it right into Blender. :)

9. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

:sigh:

I hadn't considered that. Frak. I want my 1/350 TOS E, even if I have nowhere to put it. :(

I might buy two, one to build "for realz" and one to, um, "fix." :)

10. Cary L. Brown

Cary L. Brown Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'll definitely buy the upcoming 1:350 TOS Enterprise, and the 1/1000 TMP Enterprise. Not a snowball's chance in hell I'll buy the nutraTrek ship, though. ("Just like the Trek you remember, but tastes like toxic waste and and causes brain cancer!") ;)

11. johnsonalmighty

johnsonalmighty Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ooooooo I don't know if it will cause brain cancer if it tastes like toxic waste.:rolleyes: That's why you sniff the paint. All goofyness aside I will definatly be getting the Nu-Prise Model since I building a 3 foot Constituion Refit (fucked up paniting wise nothing I cant fix though..) but it's some of the most fun i've had in a while, like building a Shelby, or a Mustang... fun stuff.

12. DiSiLLUSiON

DiSiLLUSiON Commodore Commodore

Good good, that means less ugly and more attractive kits left in the store for me, then. :D

13. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

14. miraclefan

Awww, but if you have him ''fixed'' that means he won't have ENT babies!:( all joking aside, ya I'm dissapointed were not getting the original 1701 in 1/350, but at least I'll be getting a 1/1000 refit.:techman: You can NEVER have enough refits!

15. miraclefan

16. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm trying to be philosophical about this situation, with the JJPrise coming out before the TOS ship.

I prefer to focus on two likelihoods:

1) They're taking their time to make sure they get the TOS ship right, knowing what sticklers we are for accuracy.

2) Paramount doesn't really care how accurate the model of the new one is, which isn't all that surprising since they can't even keep their own stats on the damn thing straight, so it's not a big shocker that it's coming out first.

In retrospect, it's probably just as well that I've been permabanned from Hobbytalk, what with this thing hitting the market soon.

17. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

You sound like me!

Which reminds me, how did that happen? I completely missed the drama, and suddenly your name was red. PM me, dude.

18. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

I, for one, am pretty excited about the news of more models finally being produced. Whether or not they include the new movie version, it's fine by me. It's just great that a company is willing to invest the big dollars necessary to make new molds and put out new product. I honestly felt that model kits we heading the way of the dinosaur. I like building scale models (mostly Trek) and this great news to me. I'll buy several of, probably, each kit released. Yea, I'm disappointed that the 1/350th. scale TOS E is being pushed back another year, but I more than welcome the 1/1000th. scale TMP: E and the 1/2500th. nuTrek E. I cannot "scratch build" to save my life, so new kits are a godsend. I'm excited, though my bank account is already showing signs of nerves.... ;)

Q2UnME

19. miraclefan

Took the words right 'otta ma mouth!

20. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Nothing big. My questioning of the logic of how we can't expect JJ's merry band, with their ridiculous budget and much longer development time, to toe the line as well as the original crew, with a pittance of a budget and a soul destroying production schedule, apparently crossed the line that had been drawn regarding making any more critical remarks regarding the new movie (not that Griff is defending the movie, he's trying to head off another flame war). I'm not taking it personally.

BTW, Griffworks, if you're lurking (if not, someone pass this along), the parts have arrived, and I am in awe of your generosity. I ask for a starboard nacelle strut, I get both struts, the neck, and resin replacement parts for the refit bridge, B/C decks, and photon torpedo launchers. Not sure what I'm gonna do with the bridge stuff, but thanks anyway.

Of course, it'd be nice to post the pics of the refit of my Phase II Enterprise over on Hobbytalk, when I finally get around to that project. Any chance of changing that permaban to a month or two? I was actually involved in some very pleasant discussions of things that had nothing to do with the JJprise.