Run-Down of Star Trek XI Deleted Scenes

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Andonagio, May 18, 2009.

1. Andonagio

Andonagio Commander Red Shirt

I haven't been following the news about the new Trek film very closely, but I've been reading in recent posts about various scenes that were cut for the film. For the sake of conciseness, I was wondering if someone could give me the low-down on all the known scenes that were cut from the final film. I don't mean scenes that were in the script and later edited out during rewrites; I mean scenes that were shot but then edited out of the final theatrical cut during post-production.

Thanks.

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

3. FatherRob

FatherRob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am aware of:

Spock's birth

An entire sequence establishing that the kid Kirk passes in the Corvette is actually his brother, George Samuel Kirk, Jr., and that the car was stolen because Kirk's stepdad is completely abusive jerk.

I know there are others.

Rob+

4. anothertrekfan

anothertrekfan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I don't know much about them but I hope there will be a director's cut on blu-ray so the deleted scenes will be in sequence and not as extras.

5. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

7. Lt. Trull

Lt. Trull Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Mining colony Sol Asteroid belt, Sol System
    I want to see the scene where spock prime meets/see's sarek...
    doesn't sound like there's much communication...
    I wonder what spock prime would say to his father again if he had the chance...

I lost my father at seven... It'd probably be a cross between: "you F'n As_sh_ole" and did you even care...

8. Omega_Glory

Omega_Glory Commodore

Spock pretty much mended the gap with ol' dad in the original timeline, so one would suspect it would be no different in JJTrek. By the 24th century, Spock and Sarek appeared to have the normal father-son relationship...at least for original timeline Vulcans.

He would probably say, "It is good to see you again, Father."

9. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

Did they film this or was it just in the script? If it's the former, I they must have dubbed young Kirk yelling "Johnny!" instead of "Sammy!" Seems odd that they would choose to scratch out a harmless piece of fan service.