Jadzia or Ezri?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by apenpaap, May 10, 2009.

?

Jadzia or Ezri?

1. Jadzia

127 vote(s)
    57.0%
  2. Ezri

96 vote(s)
    43.0%
  1. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

Which Dax do you like better? My own choice is Jadzia, as she's a very cool and funny character, while Ezri is usually just annoying to me. (Though she got better in the final arc)

2. Reliant

Reliant Commodore Commodore

Jadzia was a great character. To bad the actress bailed on DS9 at the end of season 6, to do Becker. I liked Ezri, a little annoying at the beginning though. I think her character would have gotten better if she would have more then just one season. I think there was only 2 or 3 episodes that really focused on her in season 7.

3. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I liked Ezri better. Her insecurities and quirks made for a more interesting character. I always felt that her uneasiness also made her feel more real. I liked moments where she puts her foot in her mouth.

Additionally Nicole deBoer is not only a better actress than Terry Farrell (who I'm quite fond of, too), but also looks better. I guess on a purely superficial and subconscious level it also has to do with the fact that she is somewhat closer to my age. While Terry always seems like a woman beyond reach, I could at least imagine that given the right circumstances I could get a chance dating Nicole. Do I come across as shallow admitting that? :shifty:

4. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

Ezri was far better acted. At least Ezri had some personality, unlike Jadzia. And Ezri wasn't as inherently annoying as Jadzia is due to Jadzia's obnoxious smugness.

However, both IMO were completely useless characters who were 100% irrelevant to the plot of the show, and wasted screen-time, that could have been much better spent on good characters instead. The show would have been far better with neither.

5. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I voted for Ezri. She was rather annoying at first, but she developed more in a handful of episodes than Jadzia did in 6 seasons, in my opinion. Not that I don't like Jadzia, but sometimes I just thought she was really boring, especially when she hooked up with Worf.

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Voted Jadzia. Ezri was a complete waste of screen time. Worf and Martok should have fired her into Monac because I'm sure that star would have had the same reaction as I did, projectile fire vomiting.

7. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I really like both of them, but if I had to choose which one I like better, then Ezri, definitely. We learn more about Ezri Tigan than we ever learned about Jadzia (the Trill woman, not the symbiont), and I still maintain that she is one of the most wonderfully adorable characters in anything I've watched. I also think that having someone who didn't make being joined their life's ambition inhereit Dax was a really cool way to go.

8. Fenric

Fenric Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I always preferred Ezri more than Jadzia, I really enjoyed how the character seemed to develop, I especially enjoyed Ezri in field of fire

9. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

What exactly is the 'plot of the show' again? And what is the relevance of each character to said plot?

10. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Jadzia. I've never had a problem with her and I always regret she didn't stick around for the last year.

11. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

Jadzia, she has to be my fav female star trek character. Initially I didnt like Ezri, but warmed to her as the season went on.

12. tippy

tippy Ensign Red Shirt

13. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ezri

I warmed to her more in one season than I did to Jadzia in 6.

14. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ezri

I warmed to her more in one season than I did to Jadzia in 6.

15. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I'll probably end up voting for Jadzia since she's my favourite DS9 character, but you never know, and it's too early for me to vote. I've only seen the first two episodes of season 7, and Ezri has been my favourite part of both. So far I like her a lot (but for different reasons than Jadzia) and am curious to see how the other characters play off her.

She irritated me a little when she started talking all hyperactively about how freaked out she was about being joined and the circumstances that lead to her joining, but it was a very minor annoyance. Overall, I'm digging how vulnerable and honest about her insecurities she is. It's a refreshing contrast from Jadzia's unshakable confidence (not that I didn't appreciate this about her).

It's two episodes in a row now that the writers have used people learning of her existence for the first time as a cliffhanger, and while it's really uncreative of them to repeat the same tactic twice, I gotta admit that it's a hell of an effective trick. I'm really excited to see what happens in the third episode of the season, which I believe is very much about her and how the others intially react to her presence on the station.

16. gwud

gwud Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jadzia is the better character in my opinion, however Ezri is cuter so I voted Ezri.

17. ezri_fan

ezri_fan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I liked Jadzia but she always felt a little emotionally cool to me. I preferred Ezri's girl-next-door qualities. I don't love all the things that have gone on with her in the novels but I still like Ezri the best.

18. TEH BABA

TEH BABA Commodore Commodore

Jadzia and Ezri both would have got on a date if they ever met each other on the station me chooses both.

19. ShamelessMcBundy

ShamelessMcBundy Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wanted to know more about Ezri. She was so cute and unsure of what was going on.

20. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

I like both of them. Ezri maybe a bit more. I love the direction they've taken the character in the novels.