Scott Bakula at Quantum Leap Con in 2 wks

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by DonnaDee, Mar 12, 2009.

1. DonnaDee

DonnaDee Lieutenant Red Shirt

The LeapBack2009 Convention to celebrate 20th Anniversary of Quantum Leap

Scott Bakula (Captain Archer – Star Trek: Enterprise) scheduled to appear at convention
    honoring his first Sci-Fi series.

Celebrate twenty years of Quantum Leap at The LeapBack 2009 convention, scheduled
    to be held March 27-29, 2009 at the Beverly Garland Holiday Inn in Los Angeles, CA

Series star Scott Bakula (Dr. Sam Beckett) will appear along with series creator and
    Executive Producer Don Bellisario (Magnum P.I., NCIS). Additional Special Guests will
    include Deborah Pratt (Co-Executive Producer), and a roster of 50 guest stars, writers,
    directors, and authors who helped to create one of the most memorable science fiction
    programs on television.

Providing entertainment on Saturday evening, March 28, will be the Enterprise Blues
    Band – featuring Vaughn Armstrong, Casey Biggs, Richard Herd, Steve Rankin, Ron B
    Moore, and William Jones.

More information at:

http://www.leapback2009.com.

[Info about the convention is fine, but soliciting isn't allowed. --HR]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2009
  2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I do SO wish I could go!

3. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Bumber:mad:

Sucks for me:scream:

No way I could go to that:brickwall:

If LA were on the :cardie: or Talarian border, then I'm on the :klingon: border or near the :rommie: neutral zone.

Geographically unfeasible.

According to your info, ^, DonnaDee, Count Bakula, The Don Bellisario, & Debbie P are in the house. OK, fine, but.....

I don't see Dean Spockwell on your QL Con list.

:wtf: is up with that :confused:

Seriously!

Be like having a Laurel & Hardy Convention back in the 1930's, but there's no Stanley at the L&H Con:brickwall:

A QL Con without Al :confused::eek:

Has half a point:wtf:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2009
  4. DonnaDee

DonnaDee Lieutenant Red Shirt

I can tell you what's up with that. :confused:

Up until a couple of weeks ago, Dean Stockwell, aka Al, was scheduled to attend. :techman:

Unfortunately, he had to cancel his appearence, much to our sadness and deep despair. :(

Of course this is like a Laurel and Hardy convention without Laurel! You think we haven't been doing this :brickwall: since we heard that Dean couldn't make it?

But in the grand showbiz tradition :cool:, like loyal Sons of the Desert, the show must go on!

5. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

Thanks DonnaDee for your feedback regarding Dean Spockwell's absence at the QL Happy 20th Con.

Well, in spite of that sad news & disappointment, DonnaDee, I hope you & all the other Quantum Leap & ENTERPRISE aficionados have a great time at the QL Happy 20th Con:beer:

Wow! Hard to believe QL's a score old now.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Commodore Commodore

I will be there!

I actually need a idea for the costume party. Maybe I will go as Count Bakula! ;) Sam did leap into a vampire once.

7. Aquehonga

Aquehonga Fleet Captain

:cool: Mr. Draper :techman:

Yeah! Sam did leap into a vampire in 1 didn't he?

Shame Al won't be there:(

8. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    It always sucks when the stars I like the most are appearing hundreds or even thousands of miles away...and I have neither the time, gas nor the spare cash.:lol: If any of you can make it, snap a bunch of digital pics for the rest of us and post 'em in here!

9. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

I bought a ticket for this a year ago, but thanks to a serious cut in my overtime for the last six months or so, I won't be able to go.

Ah, well...

10. NXOner

NXOner Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hope you all have a great time seeing Scott, and do post your experiences. I saw him in Vegas last year, and I was blown away by how vibrant and sexy he is in person!

11. Mr.bobo

Mr.bobo Lieutenant Red Shirt

Exellently , I know another paratson that go on this convention...
    ...I expext a big report and your's experiences from Los Angeles... ;)

...did you meet him there...(face to face)??

12. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Never met anyone from QL or ENTERPRISE in the flesh...so far as I know. It'd be cool to meet Scott for multiple reasons which don't necessarily deal with being Jonathan Archer.

13. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Ya must have missed the part where I said that even though I have a ticket, I won't be able to go.

:shifty:

14. Mr.bobo

Mr.bobo Lieutenant Red Shirt

...ahhh... I know it... :(
    ...post of NXOner confuse me...
    ...so, I think , maby... you go...
    ...ah, to bad...

15. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you, for posting this news about Scott Bakula appearing at a Quantum Leap:) convention, I really wish that I could attend as well. When I was active duty with Air Force, I was stationed in Victorville, CA and was able to attend many conventions in the Los Angeles area, but now that I'm retired from active duty, it's harded for me to makes plans for such a long trip from Georgia. Please, post any news from this exciting convention after you attend, I can't wait to read what is going with Scott at this time. Again, thanks for posting this information.:techman: