Gen. Media Hunk of the Week 8/27: Mark Harmon (image heavy thread)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by auntiehill, Aug 28, 2008.

?

Gen. Media Hunk of the Week 8/27: Mark Harmon

Poll closed Sep 3, 2008.
  1. Yeah, Baby! (thumbs up)

68.8%
  2. Not So Much! (thumbs down)

6.3%
  3. Meh. (thumbs sideways)

25.0%
  1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

From wiki:

Thomas Mark Harmon (better known as Mark Harmon) was born September 2, 1951. Since 2003, Harmon has starred as a Leroy Jethro Gibbs in the CBS series NCIS. Harmon was born in Burbank, California. His father was University of Michigan football All-American and Heisman Trophy winner Tom Harmon, and his mother is actress Elyse Knox, the daughter of World War II Secretary of the Navy, Frank Knox. Mark has two older sisters: actress and painter Kristin Nelson and actress Kelly Harmon, who was once married to car magnate John DeLorean. After attending Los Angeles Pierce College as a student and quarterback, Harmon transferred to UCLA and, following in his father's athletic footsteps, was the starting quarterback for the UCLA Bruins in 1972 and 1973.

After several years of supporting guest roles on episodic television shows such as Police Woman, Laverne & Shirley and The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, Harmon landed his first prominent role in the 1980 primetime soap opera Flamingo Road where he played Morgan Fairchild's husband Fielding Carlisle. The series was short-lived, however, and following its cancellation he landed the role of Dr. Robert Caldwell on the prestigious NBC Emmy-winning series St. Elsewhere in 1983. In 1986, Harmon left the series as his character contracted HIV through unprotected heterosexual intercourse - a storyline that was notable for being one of the first ever instances in television history where a major recurring character contracted the virus (the character's subsequent offscreen death from AIDS would be mentioned two years later). Following this, Harmon had a limited engagement on the series Moonlighting playing Cybill Shepherd's love interest Sam Crawford for four episodes in 1987. Harmon's next regular television role would be as Chicago police detective Dickie Cobb for two seasons (1991-1993) on the NBC series Reasonable Doubts. He followed this with the role of Charlie Grace, a private eye series, which lasted only one season on ABC. He returned to ensemble medical shows on the series Chicago Hope, in which he played Dr. Jack McNeil from 1996-2000. He later had a limited four episode run playing secret service Special Agent Simon Donovan on The West Wing, and played astronaut Wally Schirra in the 1998 mini-series, From Earth to the Moon.

Harmon has also made several television and theatrical films throughout his career. In the late 1970s, he had supporting roles in Comes A Horseman and Beyond the Poseidon Adventure. His most prominent starring roles were in the 1986 romantic comedy Prince of Bel Air and 1987 comedy Summer School in both of which he co-starred oposite Kirstie Alley, and the 1988 thriller The Presidio in which he co-starred with Sean Connery and Meg Ryan. He also portrayed serial killer Ted Bundy in the 1986 television movie The Deliberate Stranger. He also had small roles in Wyatt Earp and the 2003 remake of Freaky Friday.

Harmon was named People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive in 1986.

Harmon is married to actress Pam Dawber, with whom he has two sons: Sean Thomas Harmon and Ty Christian Harmon. He was the brother-in-law of the late Ricky Nelson and is the uncle of singers Matthew and Gunnar Nelson of the pop duo Nelson and of actress Tracy Nelson.

So, is he a hunk?

Flamingo Road
    [​IMG]

Summer School
    [​IMG]

Stealing Home
    [​IMG]

Deliberate Stranger
    [​IMG]

Chicago Hope
    [​IMG]

Freaky Friday
    [​IMG]

Chasing Liberty
    [​IMG]

NCIS
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Misc.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. kitkat

kitkat Admiral Admiral

OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

Did I even need to vote? :lol::lol:

He's always been hot and I swear he gets better with age. He's old enough to be my father (if my dad were still alive he'd be 2 months younger than my dad) but DAYUM!!!!!!!!! :bolian::bolian:

3. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

I've loved him since Chicago Hope!

Man, he's even hotter now :drool::drool:

Most definately a :techman:

4. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

Oh geez, I see kitkat has already slobbered all over the thread. :lol:

What, no shirtless shot? :eek:

A bit fat "meh" from me. He's all yours kitkat.

5. kitkat

kitkat Admiral Admiral

Sorry. *cleans up slobber*

*looks at pictures again* :adore::adore:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

OK, um, everybody just watch your step. :angel:

6. Orac Zen

Orac Zen Mischief Manager Super Moderator

No universe imploder, this bloke.

Meh. I don't get the fuss over this one.

*** flees the drool flood *** :p

7. auntiehill

I've never really liked him. I guess it was because of the first character I really remember him playing--"Bobby" on St. Elsewhere. Bobby was something of a vain, shallow prick, if I recall. So, those are the qualities I think of whenever I see him.

I have to give him a "meh." [​IMG]

8. Trippy

[​IMG]

:D

9. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Whoa. He was Tom Cruise before Tom Cruise was!

Does this mean I can't suggest Michael Weatherly as your next one? Or was he already used?

10. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

^ Hmm, not bad, not bad. (that's for the shirtless shot btw)

Alas, my saliva glands are still not producing here. The "meh" stands.

11. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thumbs up, sure, why not. Not quite as enthusiastically as some here, perhaps. Dunno why. Maybe it's because he's been around for-EV-er and at this point, he's so much background noise? :D

I mean, Sexiest Man Alive for '86? They were doing that back then?

12. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Yes, yes, yes! I have a huge man crush on Mark Harmon. His character on NCIS is a hero to me.

Mark Harmon is the man.

13. auntiehill

Who the what now? *goes to Google* Oh, that guy.

Well, anyone can suggest anyone they choose. Except Temis. :devil:

Doesn't mean I'll actually use them, though. :shifty:

14. Trippy

Oh no...Michael Weatherly is a must! :drool:

15. kitkat

kitkat Admiral Admiral

Yep. I was 13 and I remember that. That was around the time I first developed the enormous crush I have on him. My mom still gets People magazine, I remember stealing that one and her yelling at me because I wouldn't tell her where it was. :lol::lol:

ETA: Oh yeah, and Michael Weatherly....yummy!!!

16. DAK

DAK Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I bet I know where you were hiding it. :rolleyes: :devil:

17. TrekNut87

TrekNut87 Captain Captain

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HOT HOT HOT!!! :). Yes indeed! Thumbs up for sure!!!! :drool::drool::drool::drool::techman::techman:

18. biker9er

biker9er Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Mark Harmon has gotten better-looking the older he gets. He was way too pretty as a young actor. Starting with Chicago Hope, his face got a smidgen more angular and with some grey in his hair, he gained some depth of character. It's similar to what happened with Paul Newman. In Paul's younger days, he looked too pretty with that pouty mouth. By the time he got to Butch Cassady, boy howdy, he was hot!!!

19. kitkat

kitkat Admiral Admiral

I can see your point. I definitely agree about Paul Newman too.

20. kalysto

kalysto Captain Captain

That man is smokin' ! :)