Anyone recognise the episode?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by wiryjim, Feb 2, 2011.

1. wiryjim

wiryjim Cadet Newbie

Found this pic randomly on the net a few days ago and I can not place the episode at all. Does anyone know?:

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. T.D. Possum

T.D. Possum Commodore Commodore

"Future's End", Part 2. Janeway is lying on the floor after being knocked back out of the torpedo tube. Most of the clip is poorly lit - this is a screenshot from when the torpedo detonates and there's a flash of light. Don't blink or you'll miss it.

Here, about 5:30
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0q8aXRjVVU&feature=related

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  3. froot

froot Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guarding the Compound with the Grey Wardens
    Actually, I thought it was from a somewhat obscure Season 4 episode called "Janeway Takes a Nap."

The episode ends when Janeway wakes up and realizes she's been dozing next to the torpedo launchers. It's pretty boring.

4. T.D. Possum

I still don't understand the what the writers were thinking when they decided to set "Janeway Takes a Nap" in Torpedo Bay One. It doesn't make any sort of sense at all. I mean, look at that carpet. Look how thin it is. That floor has got to be hard. And she has that nice big couch right there in her Ready Room. Not to mention that she spends a lot more time in there than she does in the torpedo bays, so it would have been more logical for them to have her napping in there.

I think the episode would have made a lot more sense that way. But I'll shut up now. Y'all have probably heard all this before. And I STILL say "Janeway Takes a Nap" was more interesting than "Natural Law"!

5. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

That's the problem with Narcolepsy... Janeway's embarrassing secret "cross to bear".

Any time when she gets overly excited, she falls asleep.

NOW you realize why Chakotay tries to stay so calm around her.

:devil:

6. T.D. Possum

^ J'Rulz, I thought you were being naughty again, but then I realized I had "narcolepsy" confused with "necrophilia".

I'm going to go drink the rest of that coffee RIGHT NOW.

7. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

No, that's KIM's cross to bear, considering his relationship with Lindsey Ballard.

8. T.D. Possum

I also prefer "Janeway Takes a Nap" to "Ashes to Ashes". The Captain nappin' on the torpedo bay floor makes more sense than that episode.

9. froot

:ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack::ack:

OMG, you two. What did I stumble on in here? :lol:

AMG - I agree that "Janeway Takes a Nap" is definitely, infinitely better than "Natural Law." But I can't say the same for "Ashes to Ashes" since that bit where Janeway royally screws up dinner is awesome. Janeway vs. The Replicator is the best thing next to Janeway vs. The Maestro. ;)

Anyways, I can see why they had her sleeping in the torpedo bay. The viewers would have expected her to nap on the couch, so the writers decided to give the whole thing a bit of a twist. But, yeah. Still pretty boring.

10. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

I'm surprised they didn't try to do this again, only in a different way. Maybe "Chuckles Takes A Nap"?

Granted, it might be hard to tell the difference between that episode and others...

11. T.D. Possum

No no no, dear Froot! My dislike for the Replicator Scene runs deep. In all seriousness, I hate it. I rarely discuss it on this board because my hatred for it makes me totally unreasonable. Clearly, the entire script was written for some other sci fi show, or for no show in particular, and then carelessly redone as a Voyager script. I can overlook the "complex" questions that involve math (wait, how many dead people will this species require in order to maintain viability?) and I can overlook "detailed" questions such as how many light years Voyager has traveled (how did that shuttle catch up?) but I cannot over look the replicator scene. Anyone who had ever watched one single episode of Star Trek ever would realize that REPLICATORS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! And then to COMPOUND the error by having Janeway whip out the makings of PB&J! NO! Why did she not just REPLICATE the sammich stuff? Where does she refrigerate the jelly? Why was Ballard eating sammichs at the Academy? Did they not have replicators there? I HATE THAT ENTIRE SCENE with a purple passion.

However, I approve of all other Janeway vs. The Replicator scenes.

And of the Maestro. I have never had to shout at him: "That's not how cats work!"

Just to clarify: This is a serious post. I meant every word of it. Yes. I did. :klingon:

12. T.D. Possum

:guffaw:I thought that was "Natural Law".

13. Dancing Doctor

I thought Natural Law was the obligatory "Let's Encounter Primitives!" episode. Or the "Prime Directive(?)(!)" episode.

14. froot

"Waking Moments." :)

15. Dancing Doctor

Oh, another "Let's Use Vision Quest To Solve Our Problem!" episode.

16. T.D. Possum

^ I thought "Waking Moments" was better than the Pot Roast Scene. Wait. I don't want to get started ranting again. *goes to fix PB&J*

17. froot

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:guffaw:

Duh. Janeway has a mini-fridge under her desk full of jelly and alcohol. It's... um, it's in the schematics somewhere. Trust me. She has one in the Ready Room, too (you know, the fact that her personal office is called the Ready Room is a whole rant I could go on about, lol.) And peanut butter doesn't need to be refrigerated. And, um... bread. Janeway has a bread cabinet. Full of bread.

And in sort-of-seriousness, wasn't it implied that her replicator was on the fritz? We see her trying to fix it in other episodes.

I don't remember the part about sammitches at the Academy. My DVD containing "Ashes to Ashes" was lost in college, so I haven't seen it in a while. Maybe PB&J is still the failsafe food of the 24th Century? When all else fails, make a PB&J?

...Also, I may or may not have gotten a haircut that looked exactly like Lyndsay Ballard's last year and I kinda liked it :x

[​IMG]

18. Dancing Doctor

19. T.D. Possum

Froot! Froot! This is why you are so awesome! Because I was totally going to make a funny image based on that scene. And now you have done it for me. Actually, I might still make something about it. I had vague ideas about Neelix and the Swedish Chef helping Janeway with her replicator. Perhaps I should explore those ideas in more depth.

It would be better for everyone if I did that instead of typing up a rant about the benefits of natural foods (natural peanut butter should be refrigerated unless you like it oily and runny) and/or about how that plastic breadbox does not appear to be at all airtight, so that (not too healthy looking) bread is probably pretty stale.

I do like the Ballard haircut, though. :-D

May I have your permission to use this image every now and then? (Thinking of Shatnertage's rewatch thread.) With proper credit, of course.

Do you have Ready Room rants? I do, too! Mine is: Why does Picard (with a massive ship) have a tiny closet of an office while Janeway (with a small ship) has a huge luxury suite complete with sectional sofa and speaking dias? Yes, I recognize that she is the more awesome of the two and also needs the dias so she can look tall, but still . . . one does feel sorry for poor Jean-Luc.

20. froot

[​IMG]

Derp!!! Picard does have a dinky office compared to Janeway! I never noticed until now! He does have a fish tank, though. I'd like that better than a speaking dais, I think, if I had to pick. I also know now that I need to refrigerate my peanut butter (will I get sick if I eat the oily stuff?) And, um, maybe that plastic breadbox has a little forcefield on top to maintain freshness?

Also, AMG - please, if you have ideas for images, it's better for everyone involved if you act on them. :) I love the Swedish Chef <3 (Bork bork bork bork.) You can use mine all you want, or make a better one that is nice and isn't just my chicken scratch on top of a screenshot, lol. But, please, make them! And share them with the world!

My Ready Room rant is actually kind of short - it's just that ready rooms on modern aircraft carriers are where the airplane pilots stand by prior to missions and get briefed and stuff. I just think it's weird that Star Trek uses it as a term to describe the captain's personal office - it's not even close to the same function. :) Perhaps they were trying to portray Voyager as more of an aircraft carrier-type vessel than, say, a battleship or something?