Weight Room on the Enterprise

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by SpockyD, Jan 8, 2011.

1. SpockyD

SpockyD Ensign Newbie

How comes if we know that fitness is so important in teh future that the Enterprise didn't have a regularly featured weight room?

I always thought Kirk was a little soft.

What was his bench press, squat, and deadlift numbers?

2. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

bench press: 1075 lbs
    squat: 948 lbs
    deadlift: 727 lbs (one handed)

3. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

In one of the Shatner novels Kirk and Spock were lifting together. I remember Spock was using some special weights that were adjusted for 5 times normal ship's gravity or something.

4. DBKlingon

DBKlingon Lieutenant

I'll bet Darth Vader could have bench-pressed more than Kirk even without using the Force. I would have thought in the future they would have at least found teh creatinz that would allow them to just grow muscle without even working out. But you're right SpockyD; Kirk looks pretty damn soft. He's a real Rocket Man though!

5. scotpens

scotpens Professional Geek Premium Member

Are you talking standard Earth, lunar, or Vulcan gravity?

6. DBKlingon

DBKlingon Lieutenant

Do they have Prowlers in the Enterprise weight room? Cuz Scotty looks like he could have used one, in combination with some HIIT, to shed some pounds. And how come they don't look like they've been doing some heavy trapezius work? I'd think with Spock Vulcan neck-pinching everyone they'd at least be doing some heavy deadlifts and some shrugs supersetted with cable lat raises. There's no way I'd let that pasty-faced Vulcan try to get at me! Who knows what the hell he does to them once they're out-cold?

7. DBKlingon

DBKlingon Lieutenant

How about his numbers for all three.

8. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

There was a Klingon in one comic book that did enough DB shrugs that he was able to 'shrug' off shall we say a Vulcan nerve pinch. No human has ever been able to do so....maybe an Iron Dwarf would be able to.

9. SpockyD

SpockyD Ensign Newbie

Well I guess it depends which federation rules they lift under. If it's EPLA rules, then Earth gravity.

I don't know if any of the Vulcan federations have raw divisions. I remember seeing a pic of Spock in an Inzer 3-ply bench shirt.

10. SpockyD

SpockyD Ensign Newbie

Were they raw or equipped lifts?

Kirk was badass enough to lift raw in equipped federations.

Klingons tend to be douchebags at raw tested meets. They cloak their bench shirts and fake the roid tests.

11. DBKlingon

DBKlingon Lieutenant

There's no way an Iron Dwarf could. Maybe an Iron Dward Star! LOL!

Those Klingons are real bad-asses! I wish I was a real Klingon, then I could have a decent shot at getting into Uhura's warpdrive, if you know what I mean;)

12. SpockyD

SpockyD Ensign Newbie

Vader was banned from all federations (except the Klingong KPLF) for trying to pass off as raw lifter. That douche was using mechanical armzes.

13. DBKlingon

DBKlingon Lieutenant

The ones you really gotta watch out for are those Romulans. They are notorious for cheating and their copper blood allows for much faster muscle-contraction in any gravity-based system. IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!!!

14. DBKlingon

DBKlingon Lieutenant

Vader is angry and choking you out right now! Can you FEEL it? Vader could take anyone in the Vulcan system. He can Vulcan neck-pinch you from halfway around the universe! And he at least LOOKS like he lifts, which is more than I can say for Kirk.

15. Nardpuncher

Nardpuncher Rear Admiral

You really can't compare Vulncanians (I'm including Romulans in that)and humans when it comes to strength.
    It's be like comparing me to Professor X. No comparison really.

16. DBKlingon

DBKlingon Lieutenant

Do you guys think they even use free weights in the Enterprise weight room? And do you think Spock has some really killer neural charge workouts to ramp up his CNS activity? He's so.......cerebral. I'd think he's really into anything that increase/improve brain function.

Also, what sort of grip-strengthening exercises do you think Spock does? My GF wouldn't let me PIIHB last night and normally I would try hitting her, but this time I tried the neck-pinch thing and she just looked at me like I was crazy and then beamed herself back to her house. I think my grip-strength is really holding me back. I went into warpdrive after that one!

17. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

Hmmmm.....should I, or shouldn't I? :vulcan:

18. DBKlingon

DBKlingon Lieutenant

If by should/shouldn't you, you mean should you or should you not share your opinion on the effectiveness of the crew's workout regimen and the quality of the Enterprise's weight room, I for one say you should.:klingon:

19. SpockyD

SpockyD Ensign Newbie

Spock uses CaptainKirks of Crush grippers.

20. SpockyD

SpockyD Ensign Newbie

Saw Wesley Crusher in the Enterprise weightroom. He had on his gloves and spandex really working the pink dumbbells.