"Sarek" Line-by-Line

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by CoveTom, Dec 8, 2010.

1. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At least we're not spending the night with a good book, like some people...

We've recently concluded our "Spock's Brain Line-by-Line" thread over in the TOS forum.

After each completed thread, I'm randomly picking someone who participated to choose the next episode we do. The lucky winner this time around was Brian! And Brian has chosen "Sarek" as our next line-by-line adventure!

For any unfamiliar with our "game," you are asked to post only a single line (defined as one character speaking without interruption by another character) per message. You can post as often as you like, but someone else must post a line in between your posts.

As before, at the conclusion of this thread, I will pick someone at random from among all the participants to choose the next episode we do.

And now it begins...

2. CoveTom

CoveTom Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

PICARD (voice only): Captain's log, Stardate 43917.4 The Enterprise has been given the singular honour of hosting the first meeting between the Federation and a mysterious race known as the Legarans. We are in orbit around Vulcan, preparing to welcome aboard Federation Ambassador Sarek and his wife Perrin, who like his first wife, is from Earth.

3. leandar

leandar Vice Admiral Admiral

Riker: I remember studying his career in school. The treaty of Alpha Cygnus IX, the Coridan admission to the Federation, the Klingon Alliance...

4. Enterprise1981

Enterprise1981 Vice Admiral Admiral

PICARD: I met him once, many years ago, very briefly at his son's wedding (Spock?).

I can tell you that was quite a moment for a young lieutenant, standing in the presence of such history. I remember he spoke to me and I just stood there grinning like an idiot.

5. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Riker: You? Tongue-tied?

6. leandar

(Yes, it was meant that he was referring to Spock, I think a few novels have indicated that the bride was Saavik)

Picard: Indeed, how do you make small talk with someone who shaped the Federation?

7. LeadHead

Riker: Is it true that he'll be retiring after this mission?

8. Enterprise1981

PICARD: Unofficially, that's what I hear. What a crowning achievement for his career. The benefits of relations with the Legarans are incalculable.

9. LeadHead

Picard and Riker enter Transporter Room, where several command division officers are assembled. O'Brien beams Mendrossen and Sakkath aboard

Mendrossen: Ah, Captain Picard. I am Ki Mendrossen, the Ambassadors chief of staff. This is Sakkath, his personal assistant.

10. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

PICARD: Has the ambassador been delayed?

11. Enterprise1981

MENDROSSEN: He will be joining us momentarily. But first we must discuss some matters of the utmost delicacy.

12. leandar

Picard: Please, go ahead.

13. LeadHead

Mendrossen: To be frank, Captain, the Ambassador is not a young man. He tires easily.

14. leandar

Sakkath: He's going to need a lot of rest to prepare himself for the difficult job that awaits him.

15. LeadHead

Mendrossen: Which is why it is imperative that he be allowed to conserve his strength. I must request that you dispense with any formal activities normally associated with a visitor of his rank.

16. leandar

Riker: We had planned a ship's concert for this evening.

17. LeadHead

Picard: I believe the Ambassador is extremely fond of Mozart.

18. leandar

Mendrossen: I'm afraid it would be impossible for him to attend. Upon his arrival he will be taken directly to his quarters where he will remain in seclusion until we reach Legara IV.

19. LeadHead

Picard: You have my assurance that the Ambassador will not be disturbed during the voyage.

20. leandar

Mendrossen: That's all we ask. Well, now that's settled, the Ambassador is waiting.