New SF/F For CW--The Secret Circle & Chloe

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.ksitetv.com/3957/new-two...cts-might-fill-the-cws-smallville-sized-void/

The Secret Circle
    Chloe
    Looks like they are trying to fill the void after Smallville & Supernatural are gone.

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Those sound awful.

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    It is The CW. :lol:

4. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

TBH, Supernatural sounded awful when I first heard about it, and then when I saw the teasers for it.

Pretty much the reason I'd avoided it until I happened upon it later towards the end of season 3.

Like most good TV, it's less the idea and more the execution.

5. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honestly this. Supernatural sounded very Monster of the Week when it was pitched and the two leads really didn't appeal to me that much.

Jared Padalecki was the pretty uninteresting and wooden Dean from Gilmore Girls and while I'd seen Jensen Ackles on a number of genre shows I wasn't a big fan of his either. Seemed like the WB was just putting two pretty boys together one of whom I thought was exceptionally bland.

However, I'm not a very big fan of Marti Noxon. I think she was responsible for some of the horrible direction Buffy went in after Whedon started spending less time on the show.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2010
  6. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

You got that right. It must confound them that both are thriving (by CW standards) on Friday nights. Both have small, but extremely loyal audiences. I feared season 6 on SPN would be a disaster, but so far the new show runner Sera Gamble--she's been a writer on the show since the beginning--has made the new season very entertaining. Now if she were the exec producer and/or head writer on these two new shows, I'd have some hope. With Marti Noxon, not so much. They may turn out to be good, but the CW's only created "hit" that didn't come from it's two parent networks is the Vampire Diaries (Nikita is starting to falter in SPN's old timeslot).

Which probably explains why they're going with sci-fi/fantasy.

Speaking of Padalecki, what a difference ten years makes. Anyone who saw those shirtless reverse pullups can attest to that. :evil:

7. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

"Secret Circle" doesn't appeal to me...but "Chloe" does...hope it works out. :)

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

9. Othello

Othello Commodore Commodore

What was more interesting to me was the possibility of a Sandman (not the one seen on Smallvilee but a different sandman) based tv show developed by Supernatural's Eric Kripke in the article you posted...

http://www.ksitetv.com/3957/new-two...cts-might-fill-the-cws-smallville-sized-void/

There is also talk about Supernatural’s Eric Kripke developing the DC/Vertigo comic book series Sandman, but nothing more has surfaced about that since the initial announcement. However, with projects like these, surely more of the loyal genre audience will return and/or stick with the sometimes-struggling network.

10. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Where's the Epic Fail pictures when you need 'em?

11. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The ad that came up, "1 tip for a flat belly" looked more interesting than either show.

I'd be there for Kripke - Sandman though.

12. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And that's where I lost interest.

13. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

Is Supernatural officially ending this year?

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Epic Fails require hubris to be "epic". This just sounds like half-baked Whedonesque laziness.

15. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nothing's official, even when it is.

Not in Television anyways, and certainly not Sci-Fi TV in particular.

16. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

QFT

17. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

The only appeal these shows have is in finding out which young hot actress will play these roles.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Smallville is ending this year. Thank god.

19. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Hey, I got their commercial for "The Secret Circle":

Her monther facing the camera and telling us: "I'm not a witch..."

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.ksitetv.com/5237/the-cw-orders-a-pilot-for-secret-circle-is-raven-dead/
    http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/cw-picks-up-drama-pilot-secret-circle/

[edit] I might give this a chance if it airs...I like TVD but I am not so much into witches. :shrug: