Janeway and Janeway fans gets a big boost

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Brit, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

Today I had one of those “O My God” moments, when I opened up the AlienRomances blog to see what words of wisdom Jacqueline Lichtenberg had this Tuesday. Imagine my surprise when I saw the “Bring Back Janeway" group featured this week.

AlienRomances is a blog featuring entries by such writers as Susan Grant, Linnea Sinclair, Susan Sizemore, Susan Kerney and Jacqueline Lichtenberg.

Jacqueline Lichtenberg has so much praise for the character of Kathryn Janeway and for Kate Mulgrew’s interpretation of Voyager’s Captain.

The whole blog is here, and again I urge all Voyager, Janeway and J/C fans to read it.

http://aliendjinnromances.blogspot.com/

Brit

2. firecrackerrrr

firecrackerrrr Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Ahhh love it :D Seriously it makes me feel so sad whenever there's lots of Janeway bashing going on. Recently, my roommate invited one of his gamer friends over and I was watching Voyager when he walked in. Before he even introduced himself he said "Voyager? Oh man that's the worst show ever. Dumbest stupidest Captain ever. Of course she's a woman so that explains that..." and he started laughing then he introduced himself. My reaction? Well, think of Janeway's reaction in Equinox 2 when Chakotay saved that officer and when she just walked by with this cold stare. I'm not a crazy Janeway fan (though she is my favourite captain) and I respect difference in opinions, but the way he worded that was so disgusting.

Then when I came back from a trip the other day (I came back early) and this guy happened to be there (my roommate knows better now than to invite him over when I'm around). He stayed for a couple of hours while I was there and aside from his terribly sexist comment about Janeway (and I hate pulling the sexist card but that was blatantly sexist) all his other comments about any subject he/we discussed only confirmed my suspicions that he's a complete douchebag. He even went as far as to ask what a girl like me is doing in Uni studying physics. That basically did it and I politely asked him to get the f*ck out of my apartment. Urgh.

Anyway sorry, but this story (or the tidbit you posted) is so refreshing and exactly what I needed. Thanks for posting. I'm going to read the whole thing now :)

3. Quinton O'Connor

Quinton O'Connor Commodore Commodore

I do so hate sexist pricks. I'd have done the same.

4. vas2009

vas2009 Captain Captain

Thanks for posting Brit!

5. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

Where's the Twitter page she mentions? I want to follow it.

6. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

7. sevenstars

Why thank-you Captain Brit!

8. Brit

Brit Captain Captain

You are welcome, and I like your signature. "Gully Foyle is my name, and Terra is my nation..."

I have used it on other boards.

Brit

9. sevenstars

It's been decades since I read that story. But I've been thinking about it a lot lately-- the scene where the carriages of the great corporations arrive at the soiree...

Perhaps the original lines are James Joyce? I didn't do my homework very well.