Batman: The Brave and the Bold is ending

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

http://tv.ign.com/articles/110/1108206p1.html

It is getting 65 episodes. It seems like most American cartoons these days have a much more limited run compared to those in the past.

2. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

Not surprised. 65 was mimimum daily syndication package. Once they reach that, if it's not over it soon would be.

It's a bit tiresome they redo the DC animated shows every 2 or 3 years, much like how the animated DVD movies all are unconnected by style or voice talent.

I mean, it's hard for me as adult who should have better things to do to care about this kiddie crap.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I would have liked to have seen more obscure DCU characters. At least we know there's more animated Bat on the horizon... but isn't it supposed to be a CGI one? I hate that style. Cept on Clone Wars.

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is disappointing...been watching it late and loving it. So does this leave things open for yet another Batman animated series down the road? Since Batman 3 is happening? Or are they going to give the animated character a rest for a while?

5. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

James Tucker is in early development of a new Batman animated series, which he said will be radically different to The Brave and the Bold and will likely be a CGI show. He said he doesn't know when it'll air, but it'll be after Green Lantern: The Animated Series (which starts in fall 2011).

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's standard practice at both Cartoon Network and Disney to kill a show after reaching 65 episodes. I've read about this before with people disappointed about various series being cancelled.

7. knine

knine Captain Captain

Well this sucks. I really liked this show. Aquaman has never been this cool.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, it's a shame to bring this universe to a close so soon. If they're not going to continue TB&TB, they should do a different show in the same continuity and style, with the same creative staff -- maybe a new Superfriends?

And hey, if this is a Cartoon Network decision, maybe WB Animation could do new TB&TB for the direct-to-video market. Imagine what they could do with a 70-minute movie!

9. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

My son loves this and I've watched it, too. I was all for any Batman series that had Kammandi as a character! Sad they are killing it so quickly.

10. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

This. Especially since Marvel has their Super Hero Squad cartoon, which is basically the Marvel version of Super Friends anyway.

11. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Silver age flash makes appearance

[​IMG]

12. Christopher

And Kid Flash too! Jay, Barry, and Wally all together.

Might be cool if they got John Wesley Shipp to play Barry and Michael Rosenbaum to play Wally.

13. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Alan Tudyk voices Barry and Hunter Parrish voices Wally.

14. Christopher

Alan Tudyk? Great! He's a better actor than Shipp anyway. I was just going for nostalgia.

Never heard of Hunter Parrish. (Checks IMDb) Well, I saw him in a CSI episode, apparently, but he left no great impression.

15. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

They do it so they can introduce new toys, all cartoons are are excuses to make new toys.

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm sick of CGI shows.

I still like Batman Beyond, and The Batman the best.

17. RonSexton

RonSexton Ensign

Man,
    I was really digging this animation style and stories. It reminds me of what Batman (Adam West) would have been like in our times.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting...I'm not sure if I like the concept of it being a CGI series but will wait to see the first teaser for it which I guess won't come until 2012 lol.

19. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not one to judge it solely on it's animation style (I learned that after dismissing Teen Titans out of hand because of the art style, only to end up really loving the show), but I have noticed that a lot of the more recent CGI shows have lacked something in the writing as well. We just don't seem to have many shows likes Beast Wars or Reboot bringing together the CGI and great writing.

I'm really going to miss Batman: The Brave and the Bold, my six year old just asked if they were still making new episodes (I'm not relishing telling him the new episodes we'll see soon will be among the last).

20. USS Mariner

USS Mariner Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

WHAT THE FUCK?

Cartoon Network, have you been hanging out with MTV again?