Star Trek: Aurora Part 4 (second half completed)

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Auroratrek, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Auroratrek

Auroratrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

As promised (okay, a little late), the rest of Star Trek: Aurora Part 4 is now available online at:

http://www.auroratrek.com/episodes.html

The ending of Part 4 offers a twist that sets up Part 5, the final chapter of this story.

This section also features more locales that will look familiar to Star Trek fans, along with what I believe to be the first use of a "Down East" Maine accent in the Star Trek universe. People here can correct me if I'm in error!

Also, with the earlier release of the first half of Part 4, there was concern expressed at the use of the Enterprise uniform insignia on the Yorktown uniforms, and, though I felt I had a (somewhat) reasonable explanation for it, it became clear that it detracted from the enjoyment of the story for many of viewers, so those who previously viewed the first half of Part 4 may note that I did go back and re-render those scenes with a new Yorktown insignia that I call the "Yorktown Tricorn" (after the Revolutionary War-style hat). So, I do listen to feedback!

2. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

Have to say, the insignia never bothered me.

Awesomeness. Really enjoyed this, and look forward to seeing how it ends.

For the record, if you ever need a Scottish accent, I'd love to help out.

3. Kagan

Kagan Commodore Commodore

HEY HEY HEY!!! Way to go Aurora!!!

4. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Really, a very good installment. Looking forward to the conclusion this fall!

5. Capt. Jeff Pierce

Capt. Jeff Pierce Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Great to see. I'm a big fan of this series.

6. jongredic

jongredic Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm coming out of nearly 18 months of lurking to say this, but well done! Another great part to the Aurora series. Best of luck with part 5!

7. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

It's great! You gotta check it out. I loved the shuttle loading scene. Kudos!

8. timelord1010

timelord1010 Captain Captain

This is some very nice work. Whenever CBS stops sitting on TV Trek maybe they could do a animated Trek like Clone Wars and explore how other people live and work in the Federation besides starfleet officers. DS9 came the closest to this with showing the lives of the Bajorans, Cardassians, and people living on DS9.

9. Basill

Basill Captain Captain

That was great. I really liked that science officer, and the doctor was well done too.
    Also, the shuttlecraft scenes were definitely a plus. I loved the little technician in the background giving signals and stuff. :D

10. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Characterization continues to be one of the greatest strengths of "Aurora."

11. Auroratrek

Auroratrek Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks, All!

I'm glad you enjoyed Part 4 of Aurora.

Timelord: I agree. In a number of ways, I like "Clone Wars" better than the SW movies--they certainly delve deeper into the characters! There's no reason Trek couldn't do something similar.

As noted here, I really enjoyed doing the shuttle scene as well. As a kid, I loved the shuttles--there was something so cool about them (like the flying sub in Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea--yes, I'm that old!), so it was a lot of fun depicting the shuttle coming up on its elevator--has that been shown before??

Thanks again for all your comments!--Tim

12. Q2UnME

Q2UnME Commodore Commodore

Just finished viewing - Awesome work, Tim, just awesome. You sure you won't pitch this to some network? ;) Can't wait for the conclusion.

Q2UnME

13. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

Words can not express how kewl this is...

14. fleetcaptain

fleetcaptain Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just watched recently too. Caught up on Part 3 and then watched part 4. Can't wait to see how it ends soon.