2 for 1: Interview w/Chase + Smoking Pic

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Photon, Jun 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

2. PKTrekGirl

PKTrekGirl Arrogant Niner Thug Admiral

I would like to remind everyone, as a result of the train wreck of last week, to please refrain from discussing whether or not Chase Masterson is 'smokin' or not.

Please see Bonz's comments in this thread here:
    http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=123681

...which provide that Chase Masterson is to be treated as a POSTER here - not as a public figure. Therefore, no discussion of her looks ('hot or not' etc) is to be pursued.

Thanks.

3. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Isn't that taking it a little too far? A little comment about a member being hot is not likely to provoke anyone, if it doesn't go further than that... A couple of months ago there was a "Post yourself as your avatar" action, and a thread where people were commenting on each other's avatars and praising forum members as pretty, beautiful, handsome. I don't remember anyone having a problem with that. (It's hardly the same as calling people ugly or otherwise criticizing their looks - or making inappropriate sexual comments.)

4. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't think it's too far to ask that someone be able to view and post here without immediately being thrown into the "meat market."

5. DevilEyes

Well I never realized that calling someone "hot" or 'sexy" equals treating them as meat :cardie: but if that is so, maybe we should all stop calling anyone "hot", forum member or not? I would hate to treat people as "meat". :vulcan:

6. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

There's a time and a place for discussing people's appearances, but it should be done in an environment of respect and without objectifying that person. In this case, too, there has been a history of unwanted conduct and I don't think a person should be subjected to a stream of sexual remarks if they do not want to have to hear that.

Anyway, that's all I have to say on that subject; I'd just be repeating myself if I continued.

7. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    I agree with Nerys Ghemor.

And I do agree with what T'Bonz and PKTrekGirl did in regards to moderation...

And this will be all I will say about the matter.... ;)

8. PKTrekGirl

Well, that is all well and good. But you have to remember that this situation is rather unique. Chase Masterson is a public figure and she is also a poster on this board. Because of that, Bonz and I both feel that there needs to be NO confusion about the fact that she is to be treated as a POSTER. However, if we allow the conversation to begin about her looks, some who do not know she is a poster might perhaps contribute something negative or vulgar to the mix like they did the other night - assuming all the while that they are posting about a public figure (negative stuff can be said about public figures, but not other fellow posters).

Rather than leave the situation open for individual interpretation and potential confusion, with the possibility of having things go wrong the way they did the other night, we have decided to simply disallow any conversation about her looks from even starting. That way, we won't have hurt feelings and a repeat of the events of the other night to deal with, should anyone say anything negative or vulgar in the context of such a conversation.

I think we can get along...and actually survive quite nicely, in fact, without having ongoing discussions about Chase Masterson's looks. Surely there are a billion topics that are worth discussing...and Lord knows, I have always been one of the more lenient mods on this board, in terms of allowing flexibility in discussion in this forum. In fact, I'm rather known for my relaxed attitude around here, and only step in when I really have no choice. Like I had to do the other night.

So how about we just suck it up and just DO what Bonz has asked us to do with regard to this one issue, okay?

Thanks tons.

:)

9. Sykonee

Sykonee Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All that said:

:lol:
    Pretty good interview, actually. Definitely illuminating regarding thoughts on Leeta as a character.

10. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

Understood, I didn't know

11. PKTrekGirl

^ No problem, Photon. And the article contents are still fair game. The only off-limits discussion is anything surrounding the 'hot or not' sorts of topics.

Please just speak of her as if she were a poster here. Because she is.

Thanks. :)

12. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Chase... What did PKTrekGirl say about calling people hot?

She needs a warning, or maybe she should just get banned again.

13. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Indeed.

I can't say I ever felt like we were missing out on Leeta not being more dramatic. I can understand how an actor might feel that way, but thank goodness it didnae happen.

14. jeff1343

jeff1343 Cadet

i don't think it's too far to ask that someone be able to view and post here without immediately being thrown into the flesh trade..!

-------------------------------------------
    Accommodation Italy
    Milan Hotel

15. DevilEyes

This forum is involved in sex trafficking?! :eek:

Back to the topic (and rationality), this was new to me:

Has anyone heard about this? It's a bit odd since she originally auditioned for Mardah, who was Jake's love interest.

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

^That's what she's saying...she was up for Mardah along with one other actress; Avery went with the other woman for Mardah because he wanted Chase to play a love interest for Ben. (Which she couldn't really do if she was cast as Mardah.)

17. T'Bonz

T'Bonz Romulan Curmudgeon Administrator

To all, be advised that I have a super low threshold for this kind of bullshit this morning. I'd suggest this kind of behavior cease immediately.

As for the cadet, I've tossed him. I also do not need n00bs coming in for the sole purpose of making trouble.

Anyone else feel like continuing the stupidity that began a few days ago? On your own head so be it!

18. PKTrekGirl

^ As you can see, guys, the boss ain't kiddin' about on this one. So let's all be good kids and abide by her request. It's not like she makes many (any? ever before this one in this forum?). And it just shouldn't be that big of a stretch for you guys to err on the side of caution were Chase is concerned, and show her the respect she is due for participation in a show that we all love.

Thanks.

19. Mark de Vries

Mark de Vries Commodore Commodore

I think it wasn't really that Avery definitely wanted Chase to be a love interest for Ben, but that she would theoretically be more suited for him than for Jake. Jake was a bit too young compared to Mardah if Chase would have played her. And admittedly, Cirroc Lofton is 15 years younger...

At least, that's what I recall reading in the DS9 Companion.

20. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Whoa. In my mind I was just making good natured joke about a line in an interview where she called her boyfriend 'hot' which coincidentally happened to be inside a thread where we were told not to refer to anyone else as 'hot' or 'not'.
    I also apologize for the whole banning Chase thing. Again, I saw it as a good natured comment about an event that actually happened.

To further defend myself I have always been respectful to Chase as well as every other member of this BBS and have never been involved in even the slightest bit of controversy in well over 7 years here. If I have to curb 'gentle humor' and references to past events then I will, but any comment I have made in this thread is extremely mild compared to a lot of what goes on around this place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.