Teaser

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Birdog, May 11, 2010.

1. Birdog

Birdog Commander Red Shirt

Here's a teaser of last weekend's work. I put my Enterprise model on hold because it was getting too tedious so I decided to do something a little more free form and that shows more progress in a shorter time to keep me amused:) I'm thinking about importing this puppy into blender and trying my hand at some more advanced stuff like skins and better lighting. I've never used blender so that should be interesting.

I am not going to add glowing grills on the outboard side of the nacelles but instead a pennant of some kind. Once I add them, the impulse engines will glow with a subtle red orange and the Bussards will glow as well. I might eve try my hand at deck plans and if I feel bored enough I'll do them in 3D in AutoCAD Arch Desktop and then that will allow me to do some fly-throughs....:wtf:

[​IMG]

I'm basing my model on this fine piece of art
    [​IMG]

Questions, comments?

Last edited: May 11, 2010
  2. Epsilon IX

Epsilon IX Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^This is a very good re-imagining of the Daedalus class in my opinion. The original looked a little too flimsy, and looked like bits of it would snap off when the ship went to warp.

3. Birdog

And yet she still retains all the features that defined the original design. I hope I can do the 2d justice as I try to bring her to life.

4. BorgMan

BorgMan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd advice to move the pylons forward and connect them to the neck, just as the original had; right now it looks a bit too compact for my taste...

Great source you're using, though :)

5. Birdog

The reason I'm not doing that is because I couldn't see a plausible power transfer path to the engines. So what I have is a warp reactor placed at the intersection of the pylons in a fairly protected space.

6. Birdog

It doesn't look like much but here's an update.

[​IMG]

7. Birdog

Another small update. And you get to see where I'm taking this chronologically.

[​IMG]