'Similitude' first time viewing

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by jefferiestubes8, Feb 11, 2010.

1. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

Just saw it this week and I felt it was more of a stem cell embryo issue than just cloning in general.
    At the time in 2003 the whole cloning thing started rising up.

I also felt the music cues were very strong. Especially the one where Sim goes to lay down on the medical table near to have the surgery.

The audio commentary by first time ENT writer Manny Coto was very enjoyable.

and nice funeral ending with nods to STII:TWOK ending.

I thought the young boy's accent was great but the late teen-early 20s aged Trip (Sim) was too stiff and lacking the accent and agree with Manny's audio commentary on that aspect of actor selection.

I see these other two
    Similitude (Dec. 2008)
    Similitude (May 2009)
    older threads but thought I'd start a new one.

uh, oh...I haven't seen season 4 yet except the series finale... I hope season 4 is as good as season 3 has been.

FYI I skipped seasons 1 & 2 after the pilot and first couple episodes as I heard they weren't that good. I'm watching ENT seasons 3 & 4 on Netflix.

2. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Similitude is my favorite ENT episode (it's also Connor's favorite :)).
    I would recommend you watch seasons 1 and 2. Yeah there are some weak links in both but you're missing out on some gems as well -- in fact, even some of the weak episodes have nice scenes and character moments that you may well enjoy.

3. bluedana

bluedana Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This episode's score won the composer an Emmy.

4. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

I have special affection for this episode. Very thought-provoking, great performances, wonderful music as you said. It's right up there in my top five.

Every season has standout episodes. I also recommend you go back and watch Seasons 1 and 2. You'll get a better sense of the overall arc of several of the characters, and of Enterprise's journeys. And there are plenty of folks here who love Season 4. :techman:

5. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

Why not watch them and see for yourself?

6. Ensign_Redshirt

Ensign_Redshirt Commodore Commodore

For me, "Similitude" was the moment when Enterprise became good... or to be more precise: almost constantly good. A reverse jump-the-shark so to speak. :p

7. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

ENT seasons

This sounds like what many have written about TNG after season 2 or 3.
    Sure it takes time for shows like these to get their footing, actors to really define their characters, the writers and story arcs to start happening.

Thanks for your thoughts. Perhaps I'll check out seasons 1 & 2 now. The big plan is to purchase ENT series on Blu-ray when it comes out most likely in the next 2-3 years.