Which ship would you rather have

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by CaptainPipcard, Nov 25, 2009.

?

Which Star Trek XI ship would you rather have?

1. USS Enterprise

65.3%
  2. Narada

4.1%
  3. Spock's ship (Jellyfish)

12.2%
  4. USS Kelvin

16.3%
  5. Other (Please specify. I don't think there are more ships after the above.)

2.0%
  1. CaptainPipcard

CaptainPipcard Lieutenant Red Shirt

^See poll.

(I already made a poll but there was a glitch and it didn't work. That will be locked soon.)

The Jellyfish because it looks cool (especially the rotating parts aspect).

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  2. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the Jellyfish for personal use; it's a nice little sports model.

3. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There's a lot to be said about the Kelvin. Of course, I'd ideally like her in working order, and not destroyed the way she was, but she seems to be a tried and tested vessel.

4. 6079SmithW

6079SmithW Vice Admiral Admiral

I think the Enterprise looks pretty cool. I really like its bridge. If only the rest of the interior could look as cool and high-tech as the bridge (engineering, hint hint).

5. Bones2

Bones2 Commodore Commodore

Narada or Jellyfish. But I'd do the Narada up a bit. Lick of paint here and there wouldn't hurt.

6. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

I love the Enterprise,so thats the one I picked. I think the Jelleyfish is pretty cool as well. But I think the Enterprise is the best. I love the look of the Bridge it looks so more advanced and futurestic looking than the orginal in TOS and this Enterprise looks like the technoligy is way more up to date then the one in TNG. I also love the look of the ship on the outsise, I think this Enterprise is a real beauty. And to mettion is way bigger than the other Enterpise's from prevous shows and movies.

7. Good

Good Commander Red Shirt

8. Voyagerian

Voyagerian Commander Red Shirt

I'll take the uprated 1701. She's big, fast, powerful, and thank goodness fires photons aft, to boot! Okay, so I'd need a crew of no doubt quite more than the 500ish from TOS or the TOS films, but eh, I'd be the captain...sorry, ChrisJimKirk....However, if she was denied me, I'd take the Kelvin. (Film fate notwithstanding) But in both cases, I'd have them back at Spacedock, with a note to Command saying, 'Needs a better Engineering section, fellas'-especially the shiny new and as futurisitic as the Abramsverse allows 1701 is....I could use Jellyfish as a 'show-car' on the side, I suppose-and Narada would guarantee no Orions would try to rob me, y'know?...

9. The Castellan

The Castellan Commodore Commodore

~coughbrewerycough~

10. freak

freak Commodore Commodore

I'd take the jellyfish..that thing is really fast and can manuever through any obstacle..the Enterprise though is close with it being number two. :D

11. Tom Riley

Tom Riley Commodore Commodore

The Narada, cause I'd want a huge badass ship that had the firepower and ability to take out a whole Klingon fleet. Even if it was only cause I was in the past... I'd have my engineers working to keep me one step ahead of the rest of the galaxy, even if I wasn't actively destroying everything, it'd still be cool to be the captain of arguably the most feared/strongest ship in the galaxy...

12. SilentP

SilentP Commodore Commodore

I'm voting for Enterprise, just because I reckon she's very pretty ship wise, although the Kelvin is a very close second.

13. Clancy_s

Clancy_s Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just for me? The jellyfish: neat, manouverable and fast! :D

14. lucas1701

lucas1701 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'd choose the Enterprise (Kelvin second) for the same reason I'd always choose a Federation ship over any other fantasy ship design.

Not too big, not too small. High tech (notwithstanding that goddamn engine room), well armed, coherent yet graceful design, completely functional with everything in its proper place (nacelles, navigational deflector, bridge), well armed, powerfull, a choice of weaponry and drive systems, a complement of support shuttles, transporters sensors etc etc etc.

Perfect.

15. Crewman47

Crewman47 Commodore Newbie

Other - the Corvette that young Kirk is speeding along in, cause although the Kelvin and the Enterprise look cool on the outside I don't think I can get used to them on the inside, especially the Engineering section.

The Corvette looked like the only cool vehicle in the movie.

16. lucas1701

lucas1701 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Forgot to mention there are at least 3 or four other unnamed starfleet vessels in the rescue fleet, that differ in design to Enterprise. One is similar to the Miranda Class but with 3 nacelles. Another appears to have not one but two secondary hulls (redundant perhaps, but very cool).

17. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

The Enterprise of course! Although i do love the look of the Kelvin. But i hadda vote the Big E.

18. Piper

Piper Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not only would I rather have the Enterprise out of any of those on that list, but I'd rather have the Enterprise than pretty much any other ship period.

19. Good

Good Commander Red Shirt

For the love of god, what does that even mean? Up to date? Up to what date? What "technoligy" are you talking about. Do you mean special effects? I'll grant you that. Do you mean elegance and plausibility of ship design? No way on that one. Do you mean the general level of warp, transporter and weapons tech? What was shown in the film was years behind TNG (rightfully so).

I think perhaps you mean it was more "kewl" in an oversized nacelle, spinny hand phaser, warp brewery, plastic meat locker shuttle door kind of way.

20. Brutal Strudel

Brutal Strudel Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Enterprise because, even if she's not the Enterprise, she's still the Enterprise, dig?

Plus, no mini-skirted women on the other ships...