Would Hooters run Quarks Bar out of business?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Evil Ezri, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Evil Ezri

Evil Ezri Lieutenant

In the United States, and started in my state of Tennessee there is a restaurant chain called Hooters. If there was a Hooters on DS9, would it drive Quarks Bar out of business?

2. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No.

Inane Topic Rating: 9

3. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Only if the waitresses freely discussed their bra sizes. And they had better be in the C+ region.

4. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    What's with all of these stupid threads? We need an age limit for this forum.

5. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

and hired 3 breasted Orion slave girls as hosts. :devil:

F.Y.I. Wikipedia Ref.
    I love this restaurant.

6. Photon

Photon Commodore Commodore

Epic Fail

squared

7. RyuRoots

RyuRoots Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Only a 9?

8. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think Hooters exists outside of America. I've certainly never seen a Hooters. And if they won't leave the good old U.S. of A., like hell the franchise will be extended to the far reaches of the Alpha Quadrant to some piddly space station orbiting a planet of religious fundamentalists.

Besides, Quark and his dabo girls are well equipped to handle the threat of Hooters. Unless Hooters has, in our post-capitalistic future, become a group of workaholics who do their business for free, in which case he may have to ramp up the holosuite action.

9. BolianAuthor

BolianAuthor Writer, Battlestar Urantia Rear Admiral

No. Hooters is over priced, the food isn't that great, and the waitresses don't go topless.

Quark's, OTOH, has holosuites, so if you don't like the food or the women, you can make your own. :)

10. JoeFromEarth

JoeFromEarth Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I could see all of Quark's female staff going over there to work since they probably treat their employees better. Y'know, far wages and less sexual harassment.

11. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This thread does something I thought no thread could do, which is make me long for another "Dukat's a Saint" thread or a "Isn't Sisko, like, a total badass?" thread...but I was wrong because this thread does. Evil Ezri, what the heck are you doing? A couple of your threads have been interesting, but most of them - and this one is way up there - are just a waste of bandwidth.

12. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

We have'em in Canada, too. I know the one in downtown Ottawa shut down, though.

13. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

No, Quark would out-hooter them easily.

Besides, I believe Quark's dabo girls offer services to his clients that cannot be found at Hooters and therefore make Quark far more profitable than Hooters ever could be.

14. Mr. Scott

Mr. Scott Commander

Hooters is in foreign markets, including China. I live in a city near Shanghai called Hangzhou where a Hooters lasted for about a year before going out of business. It was just bad food and expensive. The service was great and the Chinese girls they hired were cute, but most of the local people obviously did not like the concept. Shanghai is much, much bigger with a foreign population and more cosmopolitan Chinese.

I am a man, but have always found Hooters to be a tasteless concept. It degrades women as sexual objects. (well Hooters means female breasts, duh!) Most people who go to Hooters are brain dead rednecks or people who are too shy to go to a topless joint or buy it off the street. I am glad that Hooters failed here because it's trashy, as in trailer trashy.

15. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

There's a Hooters in Toronto too. And to give a serious answer to the topic, it wouldn't beat Quark's because Quark's has everything that makes it (supposedly) appealing, such as provocatively dressed women, fast food, and alcohol, PLUS gambling. :D Also, as mentioned, there's the virtual reality stuff, so you don't even have to be interested in (real) women and food to go in there and have a great time.

16. Tallis Rhul

Tallis Rhul Commander Red Shirt

What you don't know is that Quark's is Hooters. He bought it out and redressed it seeing as all of the branches on Earth had closed and it was in a state of financial limbo.

17. Treker

Treker Lieutenant Red Shirt

Quark doesn't hire Dabo girls for the brains even if Leeta wants you to think she has a brain.

I just keep thinking about how big Martha's breasts were. She made a very quick exit to the show, no goodbye just a little mention. Jake was just a kid and I think they realised the mistake there.

18. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nope Quark would run Hooters out of business.

19. Tallis Rhul

Tallis Rhul Commander Red Shirt

Heaven forbid that I make this more serious, but you mentioned Leeta and Marta in the same post - did you know that Chase Masterson auditioned for the role of Marta first, and that they created the role of Leeta especially for her?

That better be right now or I lose my geek points.

20. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How many geek points do I get for having read that the character of Leeta was based on Lolita Fatjo, who was engaged to Max Grodenchick at the time? :)