ST09 Deleted Scenes...

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Chrisisall, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

Are they important to you? Of interest? A reason to purchase a more costly DVD/BD?

2. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

Absolutely. I love seeing the deleted scenes (of any dvd/blu-ray that i purchase.)

3. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  4. OneBuckFilms

OneBuckFilms Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Deleted Scenes are very much of interest to me, as it provides a window into the creativity and ideas that went into the movie.

The other special features also open the window further.

I've seen the magic show, now I want to know how they did some of the tricks.

5. Voyagerian

Voyagerian Commander Red Shirt

You bet!That's one of the things I am anticipating in the dvd. Especially the Klingons vs. Nero.

6. Chrisisall

Chrisisall Commodore Commodore

Is there an extended cut in our future?
    Marketing, marketing....:rolleyes:

7. Klingon Empire

Klingon Empire Captain Captain

No extended cut, but the Nero V. Klingon scene was deleted from the movie.

8. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

^

I just saw the scene on youtube. I can say I'm glad it was cut. I wasn't very fond of it.

9. Klingon Empire

Klingon Empire Captain Captain

Eh, I still will watch it when I get the Two Disker on tuesday. The hype is killing me.

10. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I wouldn't say important but they are of interest to me.
    But to be honest even of more interest to me are the behind the scenes stuff, how a movie was made, the art, the construction, the models, the cgi etc etc etc

And yes, I have no problem paying a few extra euros to get my hands on such things.

11. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't mind seeing deleted scenes as part of the extras. I'm not fond of when they find their way into the actual movie, though. There was a reason for them being left out. Nineteen times of of twenty, it's a good reason.
    Especially when a movie was greatly successful on screen, I'm not sure why it should be changed between its release in theaters and its release to DVD and BD. Director's cuts may be an occasional exception, but given Abrams was director/producer, it would seem in ST09's case we saw the director's cut back on May 8.

12. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

I love the deleted scenes and special features on a two or three dvd/blu ray set. So I buy a movie no matter what it is I always buy the one that has all the features on it. I bought the blu ray set of the new movie, and I love it! I haven't got to watch all the features yet, but I will eventually.My favorite deleted scenes are: The extend version of the Kobashi Maru, Sarek sees old Spock,Spock's Birth,The scene where young Kirk talks to his brother/car scene.

13. Clancy_s

Clancy_s Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No, yes and yes. Particularly with all the other extras on the bluray. :

per a trekmovie.com interview, no - not if it's up to JJ.

That was pretty much what he said: the things that were cut were cut for a reason, to JJ the film as released was his cut. :)

14. Jeri

Jeri Vice Admiral Admiral

A Trek fan needs all the on-screen stuff. This isn't Star Wars we're talking about here. Live-action is what people talk about as canon in Star Trek; if it was filmed, we need to see it.

15. Hambone

Hambone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The deleted scenes plugged up a couple of plot holes. Plus seeing Sarek driving his Vulcan scooter was pretty cool.

16. Garm Bel Iblis

Garm Bel Iblis Commodore

Made me think of Endor.

17. jefferiestubes8

jefferiestubes8 Commodore Commodore

New Abrams Trek Comic Reveals Deleted Scenes
    http://io9.com/5476734/new-abrams-trek-comic-reveals-deleted-scenes

3 pages in color at the link.
    Since the comic book is coming out AFTER the Blu-ray/DVD in December its sort of moot but I thought I'd put it here as people will nitpick the comic book depictions compared to the deleted scenes (unofficial canon) anyway...

18. Peter the Younger

Peter the Younger Commodore Commodore

Personally I think the deleted Klingon scenes open more plot holes than they close, and I'm glad they didn't make the final cut. But I still wanted to see them.

19. RealTime

RealTime Lieutenant Red Shirt

:techman: I feel the same way. It's fascinating to see the creative process and the judgement calls that are made at every step.

Having watched the deleted scenes now, it makes sense why they weren't included in the theatrical cut. Most of them would have thrown the momentum and pacing off or just be confusing.

RT.

20. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

The deleted scenes are ace especially those with Kirk and the Orion girl(s)